Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IEIs-INFps what's your 5 year plan?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    sounds more like a Te-valuer feigning Fe.

like this

lady definitely unnerves me... I wonder if she's LSE? Reminds me of Katie Hopkins from the apprentice. Similar smile.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    sounds more like a Te-valuer feigning Fe.

like this

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good eye ^^^ Yes, she definitly would

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    My LSE co-worker had that zombie fembot look too, but she also had yellow eyes and glasses that magnified them so it was super frightening.
    Werewolves.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To die and go to heaven.

Oh nil, look what did here.

Come and say something wise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most distant item on my plan is to go to Burning Man in August.

I also have a plan to:

1. get a better handle on myself: a better body and a better mind via burpees, long walks and meditation
    2. get better at computer programming (read a bunch of books and implement a portable GUI framework)
    3. get a relationship.

After speaking with a coach, I had some deadlines, (e.g. getting a relationship by 31 of December). It didn't happen. Deadlines suck.

Now, I'm approaching things sideways... I plan to convince a bunch of psychologists to learn about socionics and help me implement an online game that will give me a better chance to find a SLE.

I have a meeting on 12th of February to get the first steps and start implementing the game.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning on just progressing through computer certifications until I can survive

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't have a five year plan but a vague outline of things to do yes.

I'm told I live very day to day. But things in progress can be altered, while the past can't be changed and the future needs only course adjustements now not a straightjacket. And for the sake of argument, what if something more interesting comes up? Extrication would suck.

I do the planning errands thing too insofar as I arrange what order I do them for maximum convenience.

PS: When I say vague I mean "I wanna do this kind/category of thing and end up here-ish, mostly kinda but maybe maybe."
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 01-30-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Reminds me of Suze Orman, who's some extroverted Te type. LIE or LSE. That's such a Fe role smile.

http://www.blogcdn.com/jobs.aol.com/...93nm122110.jpg

She would definitely be the type to push 5 year plans.
    haha totally, the first time i saw her on TV i knew within 10 seconds that she was probably Te base. i think LIE fits, and she even dresses like one (with her flashy, expensive, "gaudy" sort of wardrobe):

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entj.htm
    ENTjs like expensive, good quality clothes, however they can find it difficult to effectively combine their wardrobe. This is especially noticeable in ENTj males. They are very attracted to bright colour combinations and may combine two or three styles together. However, their aesthetic understanding is not usually very well developed and therefore they may find difficult to work where aesthetics play an important role.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of "do" a six-year ... vague mental outline? It's not a detailed plan. It's like a map of contingencies and a few solid goals. It contains distant pictures of how I want things to be, and what I want to accomplish, and it has more to do with waging a couple of long wars versus getting hung up on every little battle. Details personal, though.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is a big difference between someone who is 20 with no financial obligations and someone who has kids, debt, etc. I don't like planning out my life, but I also don't have the luxury to live day by day when I need to keep a roof over my head and avoid deportation.

My point is, I think having a plan like that is as much related to circumstances as it is to type.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suze Orman looks "nightmarish" wtf, I immediately thought politician or health guru when I saw her pic. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was the 5-year-plan sort... she dresses/ smiles/ poses a lot like a conflictor female I know irl. LSE> LIE, LIE's give off a whole different vibe.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ewww typhon why do you quote Anton lavey...that guy sucks cock. How you gonna make a church based on having no rules other than self rule, then follow it with a fucking roladex of commandments? Fuck Anton LaVey.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ewww typhon why do you quote Anton lavey...that guy sucks cock. How you gonna make a church based on having no rules other than self rule, then follow it with a fucking roladex of commandments? Fuck Anton LaVey.
    He never made a church based on no rules other than the self rule so I dunno what you're talking about. Thats your interpretation of "satanism". Maybe you are a little jealous because he was a badass. . I mean, the man created a power structure out of nothing, he had nothing in life and he created a worldwide power structure which had the potential to become more powerful than the catholic church, and still would if given a voice.

Edit: You obviously have some strong feelings on these issues, but do you think you could actually make your point without making immature inflamatory arguements?
    Last edited by Ave; 01-31-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is my belief that anyone promoting the deliberate exercise of free will for everyone, they should not lay out scriptures or sell tomes for money. It's sadistic and appeals only to those looking to be coddled beneath an intellectual wing, which in itself stands in direct opposition to the core of what exercising free will is about. The true message of "Satanism" should be: go, create, interact, and live; not "do this, do that, read my book." This is the kind of message that can only be spread personally if it is to be conveyed with any real meaning; putting it in a book with a black cover is just begging for cult status.

The goal of a real leader should be to help people lead themselves, not giving people reasons to worship.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Two Little Satans View Post
    He never made a church based on no rules other than the self rule so I dunno what you're talking about. Thats your interpretation of "satanism". Maybe you are a little jealous because he was a badass. . I mean, the man created a power structure out of nothing, he had nothing in life and he created a worldwide power structure which had the potential to become more powerful than the catholic church, and still would if given a voice.

Edit: You obviously have some strong feelings on these issues, but do you think you could actually make your point without making immature inflamatory arguements?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan...Satanic_Virtue

Fundamental individualism
    Central is the idea that an individual must enforce their own meaning on life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. The Satanist is seen as equivalent to Friedrich Nietzsche's Übermensch; LaVey claimed "Satanists are born, not made" and that "[Satanists] have a disease called independence that needs to be recognized just like alcoholism." There are progressive and libertarian elements here; diversity is encouraged, everyone is expected to discover his/her own sexuality, chart his own personality, and decide their own ambitions in life. In this stress on individuality, Satanism is considered a "Left-Hand Path" religion.
    [edit]Satanism and self-transformation
    Adherents to "life-denying" religions are often regarded as self-abnegating in their devotion to their own servility. LaVey's Satanic creed views religion as promoting an impersonal relationship with what the churches referred to as "God". Satanism was presented as an opportunity to self-identify with one's own concept of God. Great attention was paid to details gleaned from noir films like White Heat and The Big Sleep in creating one's ideal Self from deliberately invoked forms. Satanism encourages a follower of the religion to grow throughout their life as they see fit.
    [edit]Satanic Virtue
    Lex Talionis, or "The Law of Reprisal" (from the Latin lex/legis (f.), "law", and talio, -onis (f.), "retaliation", "rejoinder") informed much of LaVey's Satanic formulation. "Do unto others as they do unto you" supplanted the directive to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", so that you are only to give compassion and sympathy to those who deserve it. It is a reactive rule, compared with the Christian proactive rule; by the rule, love, compassion, and sympathy are not to be wasted upon "ingrates"; these are to be given only to those who the practitioner feels deserves them. The religion of Satanism, as LaVey espouses it, is centered almost exclusively upon the concept of being one's own god; as such, values and attachments such as love, affection, and caring, along with opposing concepts such as hate and wrath, are to be disseminated at the discretion of the individual Satanist. As such, it is the individual's responsibility (and not that of a god, or the fault of any devil) to both justify and accept the consequences of their actions. LaVey felt that intelligent and strong people spent too much time caring for psychic vampires — weak individuals who always demanded attention and care, yet would never give any back. He taught that Satanists should strive to remove themselves as much as possible from such people in order to live in accordance to their instincts and individual wills.
    [edit]The Nine Satanic Statements
    Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence
    Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams
    Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit
    Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates
    Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek
    Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires
    Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
    Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification
    Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years[16]
    [edit]The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
    Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
    If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
    Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
    Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    Do not harm young children.
    Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.
    [edit]The Nine Satanic Sins
    Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins, the Cardinal Sin. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. One must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
    Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
    Solipsism—Can be very dangerous. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, one must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
    Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
    Herd Conformity—That’s obvious - it’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
    Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
    Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
    Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
    Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.[17]

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How pretentious is it to direct people to "be themselves" and then turn around and ask them to memorize all this shit? What the fuck?

You should read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. Hesse has changed my life, and I think you would enjoy his work.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LaVey and his church was/is a cash making machine like any other organised religion. He established the Church of Satan using nothing more than his own personal charisma and oratorical gifts, and at the time of his death it was claimed in some quarters that the Church had acquired over ten thousand members, though the number of paying members is much lower.

This guy ghost wrote two biographies about his own life that are filled with nothing but fairy tales.

His real name is Howard Stanton Levey. His grandmother was Ukrainian contrary to his statements that she was Gypsy.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The most important holiday in Satanism is one's own birthday, as it is the birthdate of one's own god."

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    "The most important holiday in Satanism is one's own birthday, as it is the birthdate of one's own god."
    I don't celebrate my birthday. I must be the devil.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How pretentious is it to direct people to "be themselves" and then turn around and ask them to memorize all this shit? What the fuck?

You should read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. Hesse has changed my life, and I think you would enjoy his work.
    but a gentle touch
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    LaVey and his church was/is a cash making machine like any other organised religion.
    And they do not deny this.

He established the Church of Satan using nothing more than his own personal charisma and oratorical gifts, and at the time of his death it was claimed in some quarters that the Church had acquired over ten thousand members, though the number of paying members is much lower.
    Actually it was a study done, I believe in the late 1960s, that had over 10,000 people admit that they were memebers of the CoS, though the assumed number of members is much higher. But thats not the point. Lavey couldve had alot more followers than that - he just didnt want to.

Also there is no such thing as "paying members", the CoS's current policy is to admit anyone as member as long as they pay 200 US dollars and there are no recurring fees but you need to go through a process of them getting to know you personally before you can be registered as an "active member". It hasnt always been this way, when back in 2002 for example when I read up on them, their policy was to admit only those who pay and go through an evaluation. It was only in the late 2000s that I found out their policy had changed.

Thats all I can really say for the CoS, as I am not official spokesperson of their's and you can go to them if you wanna be better informed.

This guy ghost wrote two biographies about his own life that are filled with nothing but fairy tales.
    None of this can be correlated with facts, so no comment.

His real name is Howard Stanton Levey. His grandmother was Ukrainian contrary to his statements that she was Gypsy.
    I know what his real name was, but there are Gypsies in the Ukraine.
    Last edited by Ave; 02-01-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you want accurate information on what it means to be a catholic, you ask the Catholic church. if you want information on Islam, you ask a muslim. If you want accurate inforamtion on what it means to be a Satanist, you ask a Satanist.

I dont know who wrote that wikipedia article, but it is not something I would refer to. The nine satanic satements are at the very beginning of TSB. There is no vague proclamation of "just being yourself" there. This is just pop-philosophy. No offense.

Ill consider it but I dont know what its about, Id rather look into a book before buying it. Ill inform myself on it.

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is my belief that anyone promoting the deliberate exercise of free will for everyone, they should not lay out scriptures or sell tomes for money. It's sadistic and appeals only to those looking to be coddled beneath an intellectual wing, which in itself stands in direct opposition to the core of what exercising free will is about. The true message of "Satanism" should be: go, create, interact, and live; not "do this, do that, read my book." This is the kind of message that can only be spread personally if it is to be conveyed with any real meaning; putting it in a book with a black cover is just begging for cult status.

The goal of a real leader should be to help people lead themselves, not giving people reasons to worship.
    While I agree that Peter Gilmore's CoS claims to have a monopoly on Satanism, as they do not recognize any other organization as being Satanic, they also claim you do not have to be a member of their church to be a Satanist. I think thats pretty un cult-like.

Also, its difficult to argue that Lavey advocated free will, since his views on human nature(as opposed to moral nature) are mainly Nietzschian, and Nietzsche's views on free will as it opposed morality as a second nature are Schopenhaurean, and Schopenhauer denied the existence of free will.

And whats wrong with the man having a little ambition, wanting a little admiration and glory, as long as you recognize this isnt worship? Satanists are people who can see greatness in something other than themselves, unlike nihilists, and their is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from this greatness if it helps strengthen oneself in return.
    Last edited by Ave; 02-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent question, madame!

This summer I'm going to get an internship doing TV with a group that will also set me up with a series of interviews which will probably lead to my first job. This sets up two divergent paths, which are the two most likely outcomes of my post-collegiate young adult years:

1) Get a job doing TV, work my way up to producer, go freelance. Begin to integrate performing back into my life after making a lot of contacts. Possibly go to grad school (probably a poetry MFA, but small chance an acting and/or English degree) in a remote location and work in news in a small market (ideally Austin, Texas, which is a short enough distance from my hometown that I can occasionally drive up and work there, but far enough that I can't possibly live with my parents).

2) Get a job singing either on tour or on a cruise ship (i.e., expenses paid, so I can save up money). Work on the ship for six months to a year, depending on how well I like it. With nest egg saved up, apply to grad school. Still work part-time at the local news station, but more options for how I spend my time with the nest egg from the ship saved up. Before, during, or after grad school, use nest egg to finance a shot at a career performing full-time. (Although I'd miss TV work and would maybe still pursue that on a freelance/part-time basis).

So I have two pretty clear options for right after graduation. I'm confident that I'm a good enough singer to perform as well as your average cruise ship production singer, but of course it all comes down to what they need at the moment (and I need to start working out so I can be hot. Hot guys have a much higher chance of a) getting hired, and b) getting laid, which are both very important). I'm more confident about getting a job in TV. And of course, if for whatever reason neither works out, I can go home and work for my parents full-time, and then try again next audition season. If I had to go home, I'd perform there as much as I possibly could, maybe meet a pianist (or improve my own playing) and try to get a.

Going longer-term, the big question is grad school. I'm almost 100% positive that I'm going to go to grad school for something, but I'm not sure what. The likeliest option right now is a poetry writing mfa program (which also produces the additional stream of income of teaching poetry workshops), but other options include portfolio school (to become an advertising copywriter), acting mfa, ph.d in English, and (if I can get a grant for it) MA at the University of Chicago (or another good MA program, but UChicago is far and away my top choice).

I know ultimately what my goal is: to stitch together a living out of four or five jobs, requiring me to make extensive contacts in a lot of areas, and run in a lot of different circles. I know that at first I'll probably have to pick a career path and get established in it (probably producing TV but possibly performing), and then I can branch out from there. Ultimately, I want my life to look a little like some of my professors: teaching a little, writing a little, performing a little on the side, and getting grants basically to sit around and be smart.

Oh, and of course my biggest professional goal BY FAR is to be interviewed on NPR. About anything.

I like it when people ask about my future plans, it gives me a chance to talk them through---and of course, they change every time I do so. But that way at least I can have it updated in my own head, lol. I guess my five year plan isn't a standard five year plan in that it is really just a mish-mash of fairly clear plans for the immediate future that get less and less clear and more and more uncertain as you go forward in time. But honestly I think that's how it should be. You should be able to see a little ways into the fog, but much further than that and there'd be no fun, and besides, you wouldn't feel like you're changing anything.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of future planning. Always have, probably always will. I don't necessarily ever have extremely detailed plans (does anyone really?) but I have an overarching vision or goal of where I SHOULD be in 5, 10, whatever many years. It's just that the road there may have twists and turns and not go according to what I think at the moment.

So where do I want to be in 5 years? I'm 22 so in 5 years I will be 27.

I want to be married. I want to be living with a significant other or friends in a condo in some moderately large city. I will have (or almost have) at least my Master's in Clinical or Counselling psychology. Maybe Industrial/Organizational. I will not be living in Toronto. I will have travelled to at least 3 different places in the world to get some travelling out of my system. I will have a pet dog.

I. Sound. Robotic.

After reading this thread.. yeah I'm not an IEI. I was actually questioning it a little bit lately.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby's five-year plan:

1.) Learn to be more flexible, especially in the face of failure. Most of my problems occur from concretizing before life is through teaching me my lesson. Meet life as water meets the ravine.

2.) Stop picking at my old wounds and allow them to assume the nobility of scars.

3.) Talk to old people. Gain perspective.

4.) Talk to children. Vow never to have any.

5.) Help someone worse off than me at least a few times a month. Unlearn the art of self-pity which I honed in adolescence.

6.) Don't get fat.

7.) Cultivate compassion and forgiveness for self and others. I'll likely need these at some point, and they will immunize me against senility in old age.

8.) Stay in touch with old friends from now on. I've lost so many as it is. Learn what is worth keeping around, and who.

9.) Save a dog from the pound. Care for it.

10.) Build or at least procure up the funds to construct a minihome. Live in it.

11.) Travel to different places carrying only what will fit in one small bag. Learn to improvise.

12.) Worry less. I spent nearly a decade being anxious and nothing has come of it. I'm still here.

13.) Write a story about elves. They will be the next big thing after wizards and vampires.

14.) Make music every day.

15.) Wear the color red more.
    Last edited by Animal; 02-10-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Baby's five-year plan:
    ...[]...
    10.) Build or at least procure up the funds to construct a minihome. Live in it.
    let me know how this goes. Those are bigger than the one's I was daydreaming about, but seem to be a nice size for actually living in.

(i also liked how you structured the simplest actions leading to each goal. It's something like what I've been working on.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    let me know how this goes. Those are bigger than the one's I was daydreaming about, but seem to be a nice size for actually living in.

(i also liked how you structured the simplest actions leading to each goal. It's something like what I've been working on.)
    Yeah, I've seen some smaller ones. They were cozy-looking, but a little too cramped for my taste. (I added some more, so the order doesn't work now, but thanks, lol.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast