In Enneagram, you just look at the Vice and Virtue, then the motivation. The Holy Idea is something totally out of reach until you get a very deep understanding if you ever get...
So it's more like the basic description and not everything in it will be fitting for you of course.
For example I'm a 6 and I don't adhere to anything, loyalty is an important thing for me only if I had a strong bonded group, like in a war, I'd probably be one of the most loyal soldiers, loyal to my unit, to my 'brothers in arms'. But since I don't have this kind of relationship, I'm probably only loyal to women when I'm deeply connected to them in a relationship. Then yes, I'm totally loyal and somewhat self-sacrificing.

edit: imo the best way to type and self-type is the Vice, which is more apparent than the Virtue in most people's behavior.
Anyway Enneagram is much more about how people act and behavior than a system with a rigid set of parameters. So you have to be practical and be able to observe your own and others' behavior to grasp Enneagram.