Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I have seen a lot of enneagram 1s and 3s mistyping themselves as 8s. 1s mistyped as 8s because they are an anger gut triad type, have authoritarian tendencies, and care about justice even though 1s and 8s justice is different from one another. 3s are an assertive type just like enneagram 8s.

When I was in the Facebook Enneagram 8 group, they were all goody two shoes who seem to have an abstract Woke sense of justice. I think the culture of the group is very Delta. They don't know what is real justice or injustice is. The Enneagram 8 community seem to be Te base who talk about productivity, work, responsibility, and wanting to be good. It makes sense that they are mistyped 1s and 3s. They often idealized so-called progressive good people (i.e. Aslan, MLK Jr, Mother Theresa, and even AOC) as being "8s." I don't even think any of them are 8s. MLK Jr and Mother Theresa are both 1s. AOC is a neurotic Prussian 6. Aslan is an 9w8.

Funny to say this, but I think the Facebook MBTI ESTP group (which is supposed to be for SLE and SEE) is more 8-ish than the enneagram 8 group.
Doesn't sound funny at all, Se base with 8 definitely is where you will find most genuine 8 personalities. You may find a few others amidst LSI, and a few more rare Sp8 LIE, but most Sx8 LIE are mistyped either in their enneagram, or they really are SLE.