View Poll Results: What is your Enneagram type?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll

9 5.00%

5 2.78%

7 3.89%

34 18.89%

27 15.00%

25 13.89%

21 11.67%

15 8.33%

30 16.67%
  • What is the Enneagram?

2 1.11%
  • Who cares about the Enneagram?

5 2.78%

Thread: What is your enneagram type?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't know.

And I've been here a while.
    Ignore the long descriptions. Take all 9 core motivations & fears, lay them out on paper. Start crossing out the ones least like you and slowly narrow them down. Look for patterns in why and how you act.

Here are the core motivations and fears: https://enneagramexplained.com/ennea...e-motivations/

Short descriptions:

EDIT: this may come in handy as well

Last edited by SGF; 07-18-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Ignore the long descriptions. Take all 9 core motivations & fears, lay them out on paper. Start crossing out the ones least like you and slowly narrow them down. Look for patterns in why and how you act.

Here are the core motivations and fears: https://enneagramexplained.com/ennea...e-motivations/
    Nice site.

Based on those, I'd say seven and eight most resonate with me.

Enneagram Type 7 Core Desire: Being Satisfied / Being ContentTo expand on those two descriptions, 7’s want to be satisfied, content, happy, unrestrained, and free.

Enneagram Type 8 Core Desire: Being Self-Governed / Being Independent
    To expand on those two descriptions, 8’s want to be self-governed, independent, and they want to be able to protect themselves (and those they care about)
    Seven seems more like me, then again, I figure if I had to choose a single motivation, then maybe I'd choose the eight's because being self-governed but not satisfied (if only temporarily so) is better than being satisfied under someone else's control, or worse, because of someone else's control.

The thing about eight is that I don't try to dominate others or control them, especially not by giving orders. People like that are a pain in the ass lol. Why would I want to be like that? But if we're going to argue against typing oneself based on traits, but rather on motivations (like the site says), then I can see type eight being likely. I've always wanted to avoid being controlled, usually by doing my own thing and ignoring everyone else, rather than by exercising power in a traditional fashion.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Nice site.

Based on those, I'd say seven and eight most resonate with me.

Seven seems more like me, then again, I figure if I had to choose a single motivation, then maybe I'd choose the eight's because being self-governed but not satisfied (if only temporarily so) is better than being satisfied under someone else's control, or worse, because of someone else's control.

The thing about eight is that I don't try to dominate others or control them, especially not by giving orders. People like that are a pain in the ass lol. Why would I want to be like that? But if we're going to argue against typing oneself based on traits, but rather on motivations (like the site says), then I can see type eight being likely. I've always wanted to avoid being controlled, usually by doing my own thing and ignoring everyone else, rather than by exercising power in a traditional fashion.
    I know type 8 SLEs here who would say the same. 8s don't necessarily have a need to control others, its not a core motivation. Imo LIE and SLE are the most likely type 8s. You should explore type 8w7 more.