View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • SLE

9 42.86%
  • SLI

12 57.14%

Thread: What do you think of me being Beta?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you think of me being Beta?

Is it much more likely than Delta? Why or why not? There was a time I considered LSI for utterly stupid reasons--mainly because I thought i belonged in beta but didn't think I was an extrovert so that left LSI. But it is not even a possibility. So I ask, what is your opinion? SLE or SLI and why?

in all fairness, i haven't had a type thread in about a year so i was overdue

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Is it much more likely than Delta? Why or why not? There was a time I considered LSI for utterly stupid reasons--mainly because I thought i belonged in beta but didn't think I was an extrovert so that left LSI. But it is not even a possibility. So I ask, what is your opinion? SLE or SLI and why?

in all fairness, i haven't had a type thread in about a year so i was overdue
    Neither. I don't get an SLI vibes from you like other SLIs such as Parkster. You have recently mentioned that you are a private individual, you don't like talking about yourself. This is also how I see you. Also, I never saw you write anything that points to Fe-mobilizing, so no reason to assume you are SLE. By no means certain, but I lean towards LSI or ESI, based on the aura of privacy that hangs around you.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although what u mentioned recently in the HA thread about how appaled you are at people who get annoyed by gifts of food, sort of gave me a caregiver vibe? But i could be wrong... maybe it's a stretch...

I also dont get Fe-HA from your posts, but again, i guess posts are not everything.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think my obsessive love of food is type related. How is that type related? And I'm extremely dry and unfriendly seeming here for some reason and I think it's a lottt different IRL.

I'm not ESI lolz

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think my obsessive love of food is type related. How is that type related? And I'm extremely dry and unfriendly seeming here for some reason and I think it's a lottt different IRL.

I'm not ESI lolz
    That's not what i was getting at. My point is that you being offended that someone would refuse a gift of food sort of seemed caregivery. I wonder if other beta STs can weigh in on whether that would bother them? I mean, it bothered you enough to comment on it.

Also, i dont think u seem unfriendly. Dry yes. Not unfriendly. Sad and lonely maybe. But heck, who isnt...

Fe-HA is acting like an ass to make people laugh, the way i see it anyway.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it would offend me. I said who wouldn't want a gift of food. Sad and lonely? You always seem to say really harsh things without realizing it, goddamn.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    +1
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what i was getting at. My point is that you being offended that someone would refuse a gift of food sort of seemed caregivery. I wonder if other beta STs can weigh in on whether that would bother them? I mean, it bothered you enough to comment on it.

Also, i dont think u seem unfriendly. Dry yes. Not unfriendly. Sad and lonely maybe. But heck, who isnt...

No.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked (and related to) Jessica for being brutally honest, in the sense of being one of the few people who call things on their name, even more so considering how sensitive to disapproval she is (compared to me, for instance). I don't find typical for a LSI to get so worked up about people like she does - I recall her criticizing all sort of stupid people in the army and so on in her past - let alone her poor inventory of euphemism that would make any Fi-PoLR jealous . And she is moody. And she's a honest attention-seeker, judging by the fact that a lot of the threads she started are self-centric.

SLE, that is, I have little doubt about it.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that's not all. The Conqueror is not only a clown (Fe-HA), but he is also an oustanding quantum physics scientist (Ne-Role)! NeFe Ego.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derTrollerww View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...about-yourself

You say you're boring and can't easily talk at random about yourself. Well, a vortical-synergist I doubt would have difficulty talking about himself randomly, and SLEs seem so full of themselves so I think you're LSI.
    It stems from not wanting to appear boring and feeling like I don't have much exciting life experiences. But ok I'm keeping my mind open about this

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derTrollerww View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...about-yourself

You say you're boring and can't easily talk at random about yourself. Well, a vortical-synergist I doubt would have difficulty talking about himself randomly, and SLEs seem so full of themselves so I think you're LSI.
    No.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not ESI lolz
    Why not?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing about me is rational...at all. Well I don't know what to say about myself, of anyone has a question that would help type me, can u just ask me flat out and I'll answer

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wary of saying much about the types of people I have never even met, but to me you don't really come off as Fi- or Ne- valuing.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 01-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never understood why you would be Beta. Your perception and judgment style is a lot more similar to other Deltas on here, than perhaps you know or are giving yourself credit for? Maybe you should try researching a bit more about it.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overall impression I have suggests Beta > Delta. And because this is also how you'd see yourself I belive it's fair to say that you are Beta. On the other handside, you do seem to be rather introverted.

Not much of a help, I know. Did you try Yaaroslaws reinin calulator? It's better than expected and can lead to interesting result. (You have to open it with Microsoft excel and enable macros.)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    The overall impression I have suggests Beta > Delta. And because this is also how you'd see yourself I belive it's fair to say that you are Beta. On the other handside, you do seem to be rather introverted.

Not much of a help, I know. Did you try Yaaroslaws reinin calulator? It's better than expected and can lead to interesting result. (You have to open it with Microsoft excel and enable macros.)
    Ive been actually severely depressed for the majority of my life and I think that caused A LOT of the introverted tendencies. I'm actually getting better and feeling more alive than I've ever felt. I'm not implying that introverts are depressed, etc...but when you were as depressed as I was, you tend to isolate a lot and generally hate everyone and have no energy to accomplish much of anything. That veil seems to be lifting a little more, bit by bit and I feel more like my "true" self now than I ever have. Depression clouds a whole hell of a lot.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been actually severely depressed for the majority of my life and I think that caused A LOT of the introverted tendencies. I'm actually getting better and feeling more alive than I've ever felt.
    I can remember one major depressed phase in my life when I was about 18. In this time I was simply lacking drive, I couldn't enjoy anything what I did. I dragged myself to school without seeing any sense in it and when I came home, I basically waited until I had to go back to school. But even if isolated myself from others, that is more or less what I always do, maybe a bit intensified in this phase. I mean, I was very introverted before and after this (fornatunately short) time. Today, people would still regard me as someone who avoids contact with others, but I've got a totally different mindset than I had back then. Thinking back, I'm glad that I've never experienced such a mood again. It's no question that isolation is a coping mechanism, but I guess once the depressions stop, your real nature would break through, whether you're introverted or extroverted.

I'm not implying that introverts are depressed, etc...but when you were as depressed as I was, you tend to isolate a lot and generally hate everyone and have no energy to accomplish much of anything.
    Yeah, I get what you mean.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My LSI uncle doesnt like when you refuse his gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post

Ave socionika!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    The way you express yourself is similar to Allie actually, same kind of directness, and she is Se-creative type. I've typed you as Se-LSI but Ti-SLE is close enough.
    What do you type me? And interesting, btw
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I actually gave this some thought. I like you fine, Jessica, and if you want to try Beta, I've no particular issue with it, as in, I don't see any point in giving people grief over self-typings most of the time.

That said, I'm not sure I see you as Beta. I'm trying to pinpoint what things seem off to me, and one of them is that I'm not sure how you are Ni-valuing. Over time, your descriptions seem so naturally focused on everyday details in and of themselves, with no real desire to put an interpretive spin on them. (If that sounds pejorative, sorry--it's just something my own mentality requires.) And people can argue that SLEs do that, but first of all, ime, no, some SLEs do get rather trippily philosophical; and the ones that do not still come across to me as really wanting the Ni complement. Even an SLE who will argue strongly against any kind of Ni spin on reality will keep that argument going as long as freaking possible, seemingly just to hear the Ni perspective as much as s/he can. It's like some SLEs are begging to be broken down with a nonstop influx of Ni, even while they maintain an opposing stance.

I've noticed other SLE behaviors (the inappropriate-clown mode, the laid-back street-savant mode, the suave-and-sure mode) that I don't see in your forum posts. Maybe you do that stuff IRL, I don't know.

If I were to find you intimidating, it would probably be because I am not sure how to understand instinctively what is in your mind and heart. I am not sure how to get closer to those things when I pause to consider you as a person. I sort of envision some layers I worry I would not know how to get past. Although SLEs have at times made me despair, such as with their intractable negativity, which I lack the ability to turn around, I do seem able to understand them rapidly. So ... I would say you might be ISTp, but I am not sure of that. I do doubt SLE, at any rate. And I care about you, regardless.

Also, wtf is wrong with this monkey's butt:

Last edited by golden; 01-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    What do you type me? And interesting, btw
    I type you ESI. Your cognitive style is holographic and there are only two sensing types in socionics that fall under H-P: ESI and SLE. If jessica is SLE, she'd share this style with you and that may be what's causing these similarities.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is getting interesting.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i don't find the video engaging. too laid-back.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i don't find the video engaging. too laid-back.
    I'll make sure to juggle some knives for you next time.