View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • SLE

9 42.86%
  • SLI

12 57.14%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you think of me being Beta?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank WA

It's interesting how close those two types can be. My video does seem very SLI. Oh damn DRAMA. I still stick by everything I said when describing myself which makes no sense at all. Ladies and gentleman, I AM the 17th type.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Thank WA

It's interesting how close those two types can be. My video does seem very SLI. Oh damn DRAMA. I still stick by everything I said when describing myself which makes no sense at all. Ladies and gentleman, I AM the 17th type.
    I think it makes total sense for you to stick by your self-descriptions. Who you actually are trumps what socionics sez. "SLI" might be just one oversimplified way of looking at you (though that could still be the wrong type, of course).
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank WA

The 17th type is what we all are when we are not interacting socially. Do you by any chance have a video chat buddy (e.g. MSN, Skype or AIM)? You could make a video of yourself while interacting with someone else, it might give us some better clues. Anyway, you don't sound like a man at all. Definitively a female-ST voice, and I can assure you, these are in demand

BTW, I'd love to see your tattoo!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT: SEE.

I have spoken. (yeah, I know, I'm a fucking imbicil and a retard).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank WA

LOL @ 17th type. I mean, everyone is, first and foremost, an individual.

Nothing that u described about yourself necessarily ever negated SLI to me.. a lot of it seemed NTR or ST-related, or just mood- or situation-related. You're in a wacky situation working these horrid night shifts, not interacting with society the way one would during a normal schedule... that can wear on someone. I been there... maybe not for as long a period of time as you, but even doing that for 2 weeks was starting to make me a little insane.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't believe there is so many gammas on here. Korpsey you think it is h o n o u r a b l e?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video made me think SLI too.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT: SEE.

I have spoken. (yeah, I know, I'm a fucking imbicil and a retard).
    Are you joking or not?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You talk like my SLI friend who not from the Midwest and still for some reason talks like you...

I think you two VI very similar as well.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing I made a video!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always found you to be an interesting person Jessica. My perception of you has in many ways been shaped by your own back and forth from beta to delta, shamelessly suducing both sides like a really obvious cold war double agent er... or perhaps like Italy when the Germans start losing.

Anyway, you're hard to pin down.

I watched your video, you were very likeable, more than I expected. I like your voice!! You sound to me a bit like that lady from Third Rock From The Sun (who I think was meant to be a man in a womans body, so maybe not the best example, but she's hot anyway) or Kathleen Turner or Juliette Lewis, anyway you're husky, but in a good way...

initially I'm still none the wiser on your type... although I will try to give my analysis as best as I can.

I've gone though the video and tried to transcribe the video and make notes of your body language, tone of voice (easy this oen.. monotone), general themes etc and tried to focus as much as I can on the content and pull out salient points which may point towards your type.

Firstly your facial expressions, you start the video with a large if perhaps awkward smile from 0:01 which continues as you speak until it fades at 0:07. You appear to show a small smile again at around 0.23, however apart from quite subtle changes you show virtually no overt emotion.

You describe this yourself between 0:54 and 0:57 and follow up with an explanation that this is because you have no one to interact with. In socionic terms I would translate this directly as weak Fe, needing someone else to interact with to be able to convey emotion in your voice and in your facial expressions, I woulld perhaps suggest it also be an indicator of Fe DS , However it may help if you elaborate what you meant by this?

You look away from the camera a couple of times though you were reflecting on something that was slightly painful to you, the first of these that I thought I saw was at about 0:43 when you talk about doing what you hated in making a video where you talk about nothing, you do it again at 0:47 (is this linked to the 0:43 glance) when you talk about hating your voice. After you do this the first time, it appears to me your facial expressions and the look in your eyes seem considerably more than they did prior to this moment and this continues until you show a small smile at 1:01 just as you are speaking about not having herpes. Frankly I don't have a clue what this says about your type, but it seems to me that you reflect on difficult emotions whether or not you overtly express them.

Sorry that was a rubbish analysis, I really only did one bit and then made an observation...

Anyway, you seem happier in Beta than Delta so I don't really see what the problem is...

But I do have a couple of questions if you are just wondering between SLE or SLI, they're not conclusive of course but perhaps food for thought...

1. Do you like making people do what you want them to do?

2. Imagine you are healthy and happy, would you prefer to be leading a group or working alone

3. Imagie again that you are healthy and happy in your life, what would be an ideal occupation for you?

4. Why are you Beta?

5. Why aren't you Delta?

If you feel like answering any of these question in video form, I'm sure that would be even better.

that's it for now.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathleen turner? haha oh lord. Well i don't smoke so I don't know why I sound so harsh. It is what it is. I would answer via video tonight except I just got home from the gym and feel gross so no video tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post

You describe this yourself between 0:54 and 0:57 and follow up with an explanation that this is because you have no one to interact with. In socionic terms I would translate this directly as weak Fe, needing someone else to interact with to be able to convey emotion in your voice and in your facial expressions, I woulld perhaps suggest it also be an indicator of Fe DS , However it may help if you elaborate what you meant by this?
    I just cannot express any sort of enthusiasm if it's simply me and a camera...I don't have anyone to bounce ideas/emotions off of so I tend to come across as well...a boring rock. I'm not aiming for one type or another or trying to make it seem like i'm such and such more than a certain type, i'm just being honest but it's very hard for me to be enthusiastic if someone isn't being enthusiastic with me. I kinda feel like it's really easy for me to get excited around excited people. I think I'm obviously more 'lively' and outgoing with lively and outgoing people.

You look away from the camera a couple of times though you were reflecting on something that was slightly painful to you, the first of these that I thought I saw was at about 0:43 when you talk about doing what you hated in making a video where you talk about nothing, you do it again at 0:47 (is this linked to the 0:43 glance) when you talk about hating your voice. After you do this the first time, it appears to me your facial expressions and the look in your eyes seem considerably more than they did prior to this moment and this continues until you show a small smile at 1:01 just as you are speaking about not having herpes. Frankly I don't have a clue what this says about your type, but it seems to me that you reflect on difficult emotions whether or not you overtly express them.
    I wasn't even aware of that. If i do this, it's not something I'm even consciously aware of...at all.

Anyway, you seem happier in Beta than Delta so I don't really see what the problem is...
    Well I have this habit of always wanting to know exactly the whole truth about something and I feel like I can't feel ok with a type until all possibilities are examined but rationally i know nothing is really ever 100% accurate so I should just friggin stop but I can't stop questioning it...it's like a compulsion. I want to figure it out so badly because i feel like if i did, everything would make so much more sense but really, it's bullshit and I gotta stop soon.

1. Do you like making people do what you want them to do?
    Depends on what it is. Typically if I'm passionate about something, of course. But then again, doesn't everyone want compliance when you want things a certain way?

2. Imagine you are healthy and happy, would you prefer to be leading a group or working alone
    Working alone. People complicate things. I figure things out and deal better when it's just me I have to worry about.

3. Imagie again that you are healthy and happy in your life, what would be an ideal occupation for you?
    Being my own boss traveling the world taking care of animals while getting paid millions of dollars

4. Why are you Beta?
    I feel like I laid out all those reasons on page 2 or three when galen asked me the same question. Same goes for your next question about not being delta.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    You're awesome, jessica. "It is not herepes" lol
    Yeah i thought that was funny too!

when you were pointing that out, Jessica, i was about to say "probably a cold sore" and then u said "it's not herpes" lol.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i don't find the video engaging. too laid-back.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i don't smoke so I don't know why I sound so harsh.
    Maybe they put in your food male hormones pills.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica: SLI
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you joking or not?
    No, I'm not. I always used to think you were a private person, but then I didn't know much about you in the first place. Now I saw your video, and it gave me enough clues. At first I was looking at it trying to decide which type of ST you are. LSE can be ruled out from the very start. My gutt feeling tells me you are an irrational type. But you are so unlike any other SLE woman I have ever met, and you don't have the relaxedness I associate with SLIs. I kept feeling unsatisfied, until I realized that I was trying to determine your type based on your terms (the question of being SLI or SLE).

There are two things that point in another direction. First of all, you said you are unemotional because you are alone with the camera, and don't have anyone to interact with. I don't think SLIs would be all to worried about it. As a producer of video resumes, I KNOW that creative Fi types are concerned about it. But above all, I get the impression that you are a somewhat dysthymic, which could easily be confused for Si by people who don't take aspects that are not type related into account. To put it differently: you think you are an ugly duckling, but all you need to do is to discover that you are a beautiful swan. I have seen it in the first two seconds of your video, where we can observe smiling creative-Fi eyes. My mind is now at peace about my conclusions.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-13-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm not. I always used to think you were a private person, but then I didn't know much about you in the first place. Now I saw your video, and it gave me enough clues. At first I was looking at it trying to decide which type of ST you are. LSE can be ruled out from the very start. My gutt feeling tells me you are an irrational type. But you are so unlike any other SLE woman I have ever met, and you don't have the relaxedness I associate with SLIs. I kept feeling unsatisfied, until I realized that I was trying to determine your type based on your terms (the question of being SLI or SLE).

There are two things that point in another direction. First of all, you said you are unemotional because you are alone with the camera, and don't have anyone to interact with. I don't think SLIs would be all to worried about it. As a producer of video resumes, I KNOW that creative Fi types are concerned about it. But above all, I get the impression that you are a somewhat dysthymic, which could easily be confused for Si by people who don't take aspects that are not type related into account. To put it differently: you think you are an ugly duckling, but all you need to do is to discover that you are a beautiful swan. I have seen it in the first two seconds of your video, where we can observe smiling creative-Fi eyes. My mind is now at peace about my conclusions.
    Well I think it's safe to rule out any Rational type and any Intuitive type so there you go. If someone else has another opinion outside of SLE/SLI, well then yes, vote for that type. I wasn't really thinking ahead when I made the poll. Nothing is set in stone, I'm simply saying those are the only two types I feel like I could be but that shouldn't prevent someone from completely dismissing the others. Hell, anything is possible.

To be honest, I think when I'm with other people, I'm a lot more like how I am in the first couple seconds of the video. I'm hardly ever how I am towards the end unless I'm bored and irritated with whoever I'm in the company of which I think people would know if you ever hung out with me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i don't find the video engaging. too laid-back.
    I'll make sure to juggle some knives for you next time.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video you seem like a serious type, Te thought process.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww I missed the video. Poopy

Edit:

Oops lol. Went on my old phone and it's still there, not sure why my new one doesn't show it...

Anyways, I am still inconclusive, but now it's more a matter of XSTp, LSI Seems a lot less likely based on that.
    Last edited by Jenna; 01-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its on the previous page what are you talking about
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think it's safe to rule out any Rational type and any Intuitive type so there you go. If someone else has another opinion outside of SLE/SLI, well then yes, vote for that type. I wasn't really thinking ahead when I made the poll. Nothing is set in stone, I'm simply saying those are the only two types I feel like I could be but that shouldn't prevent someone from completely dismissing the others. Hell, anything is possible.

To be honest, I think when I'm with other people, I'm a lot more like how I am in the first couple seconds of the video. I'm hardly ever how I am towards the end unless I'm bored and irritated with whoever I'm in the company of which I think people would know if you ever hung out with me.
    Could you perhaps create a video in which you talk about a topic of interest, a hobby, a fun anecdote or something else you get excited about? That might overcome the lack of interaction normally required in front of the camera. Just improvise and don't think too much about it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could you perhaps create a video in which you talk about a topic of interest, a hobby, a fun anecdote or something else you get excited about? That might overcome the lack of interaction normally required in front of the camera. Just improvise and don't think too much about it.
    Brilliant idea. Start talking about stabbing consentingadult to death so we can type you beta once and for all. Off with his head.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Today 05:10 AM]jessica129 : why does poli's name remind me of beef jerky
    [Today 05:10 AM] jessica129 : that sounds so good right now
    "Swanson family beef jerky: This recipe has been in my family for a number of years. The number will not be shared. Nor will the recipe. The end." - Ron Swanson
    Tammy is coniving and ruthless, taking advantage of Ron to get Lot 48 and doing anything to see him miserable. She is also very sexual, and Leslie claims for her to be a masterful seducer, due to the fact that in "Ron and Tammy: Part Two", Tammy flashed a whale tail thong, and then began slapping a stick of beef jerky against her face and chest, something that would normally ensnare Ron.
    Since the miraculous birth of the Yaaroslav, the world has known that convergence equals science. Given this genius-ass gift bestowed upon humanity by our spastic Prometheus, and the light it sheds on the evidence provided by yourself and the universe at large, you are incontrovertibly SLI.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am drunk and cannot really comprehend what you just said but it sounded smart so i liked your post

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am drunk and cannot really comprehend what you just said but it sounded smart so i liked your post
    Thanks, that's precisely the illusion I strive to create.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234