View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • SLE

9 42.86%
  • SLI

12 57.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of me being Beta?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now, this is what I have been waiting for.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post

All 79 of your typings were identical to Ashton's. Shortly after I called you out on this, your typings in the spreadsheet mysteriously vanished.

A big thank-you from me to aestrivex/niffweed17 for saving the evidence:

http://www.socionics.ws/wiki/index.p...ex/spreadsheet
    You mean forum typings, where most of them are in consensus with the rest of the forum? Haha, that's not even anything. Ashton has more than 79 of those I'm pretty sure, and I know I didn't delete my list for your sake. But so what if my list is more accurate than yours for ahem certain reasons other than simply copying? Presumptuous doof (sometimes). If you don't agree with mine, that's another issue. I'm talking about the VALIDTY of your typings, and how you come up with them, that sometimes seems so rushed, vacuous, and context-dependent like you just throw them around in the spirit of conduct. It's not as worse as someone like Gilly or thePirate who couldn't see Fi if it was clouting them in the face, so take it as a compliment, but no I don't give your opinions much weight considering who you've typed what, just comes across like you don't know your stuff.

Don't take it personally like I don't respect and like you otherwise.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    You mean forum typings, where most of them are in consensus with the rest of the forum? Haha, that's not even anything. Ashton has more than 79 of those I'm pretty sure, and I know I didn't delete my list for your sake. But so what if my list is more accurate than yours for ahem certain reasons other than simply copying? Presumptuous doof (sometimes). If you don't agree with mine, that's another issue. I'm talking about the VALIDTY of your typings, and how you come up with them, that sometimes seems so rushed, vacuous, and context-dependent like you just throw them around in the spirit of conduct. It's not as worse as someone like Gilly or thePirate who couldn't see Fi if it was clouting them in the face, so take it as a compliment, but no I don't give your opinions much weight considering who you've typed what, just comes across like you don't know your stuff.

Don't take it personally like I don't respect and like you otherwise.
    baahahahahahahaha
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm.

Jessica: I think you are still Delta. SLI/ISTp. Your posts and behavior always came across as Ne dual seeking to me.

How were you like as a child? Think back to how you acted as a child before you did the 20something 'soul search thing' and analyzed everything and questioned everything and questioned the world. How did you act naturally?

Whatever the answer, there's your type.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Yeah I know.

It's funny how betas think I'm beta and deltas think im delta. I must be loved.
    Well I don't really know you, got not reason to love your or hate you lol, but just applying all the socionics theoretical voodoo that I've read from Russian articles to your posts on this forum it's pretty clear to me that in no way can you be SLI, that your type is static Se-ego one. The way you express yourself is similar to Allie actually, same kind of directness, and she is Se-creative type. I've typed you as Se-LSI but Ti-SLE is close enough.

From what I remember of you past typing thread, you were intuitively picking up on this yourself, that delta typing is a poor fit for you. If this sense is still persisting after all this time, then may be something is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    ... LSI just doesn't make sense to me though because you seem to be much more experimental and chaotic than an LSI would ever be.
    I'm inclined to think that Jessica is wing-7 on enneagram rather than wing-9. That fits with the experimental approach. The rigid, structured LSIs tend to be type 1s.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I'm inclined to think that Jessica is wing-7 on enneagram rather than wing-9. That fits with the experimental approach. The rigid, structured LSIs tend to be type 1s.
    Well I won't deny the possibility that Jessica may be a 7 wing on the enneagram, but being a 7 wing doesn't seem that common for an LSI, even though it's not entirely impossible. I think LSIs can be adventurous and outgoing, but not to the extent that Jessica is. This is why I'm pretty sure she is an irrational ST and most likely SLE with the possibility of being SLI. Her behavior seems to be reflective of these two types much more than LSI imo.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I havent been following this discussion but let me just say Im not sure what type you are Jessica - you seem like kind of a puzzle . Im more inclined to say you are EST rather than IST these days, though this is subject to change.

K Ill try reading through this thread and see what is said and whatnot.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    That's not what i was getting at. My point is that you being offended that someone would refuse a gift of food sort of seemed caregivery. I wonder if other beta STs can weigh in on whether that would bother them? I mean, it bothered you enough to comment on it.
    My LSI uncle doesnt like when you refuse his gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post

Not much of a help, I know. Did you try Yaaroslaws reinin calulator? It's better than expected and can lead to interesting result. (You have to open it with Microsoft excel and enable macros.)
    Ave socionika!

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not ESI lolz
    Why not?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do non-rigid LSI's really and truly exist?
    Yes, they do. (I don't know your type, though.)
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rigid rigid rigid, everyone has to be rigid.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica this thread reminds me of my SEE thread lol.. fuck hataz
    I love how typing people has now become a popularity contest of sorts.. or just based on whether you like the person or not. Oh yeah, that person's cool he/she can be my dual.. no I don't like her, I definitely supervise her *coughAshtoncough*

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you are SLE. You seem like an extrovert in terms of needing human interaction to feel energized. I can totally see how a depressive phase could make you feel like an introvert. I can also see Fi PoLR in that you are often surprised at how people perceive you around here (intimidating, aggressive). I think SLIs are actually aware that they might come across as stand-offish or even unfriendly. It seems as if you have a hard time gauging where you stand with people (perhaps that's why you were bothered by WA's comments - you are likely to take them more personally than they were intended to be). An IEE will not give you much verbal affirmation of affection, whereas an IEI will, and it seems to me as if that would bother you (?). And if I remember correctly, you like relationships to be exciting and intense (I might be wrong), which does not exactly describe IEE-SLI duality.

I might be way off-base, but I think you are SLE. You annoy me in the same way my SLE boyfriend annoys me (and I am sure I annoy you in the same way I annoy him ).
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how betas think I'm beta and deltas think im delta. I must be loved.
    You're hot. You do the math.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she assumed SLI because of appearing irrational and introverted (and almost certainly ST), and even though things like belonging to delta quadra didn't fit, she basically said "eh fuck socionics anyways" and just stuck with SLI, occasionally switching to LSI because it fit better based on quadra & functions but there are still obvious flaws, which makes her say "fu socionics" even more. SLE she probably didn't consider because they are extraverted and a lot of the stereotypes don't fit (the majority of those being about Se subtypes).
    Her only conflicts in this thread are with delta types, both IEE's with Fi subtype.

Edited: oooops I forgot to finish this before posting lol..

I agree with what Kim was saying. I think another thing to add to the confusion is that you seem to be weakest in ethics, but it's not very clear which one. You aren't similar to other Fi HA types, which seem to come in two varieties:
    1. Mrrr, go away, Clint Eastwood type. Kind of rough around the edges. They often say things that are very harsh, seem misunderstood I suppose, but there's an underlying feeling that they just want to be accepted.
    Examples:
    Clint Eastwood, k0rpsey, Parkster
    2. The traditional/moralistic variety. I'm not even sure what else to add, that basically sums it up.
    Examples:
    nanashi, Timmy, Slackers husband seems this one, ESC, MD.. The ones I can think of are the ones I know IRL so that doesn't help much.
    The point is, you don't fit either of these. Some may argue that you do fit the first but I don't see it. There are some aspects that are similar, like the "mrrr, rough around the edges" part but you give off an intimidating kind of vibe, not a leave me alone vibe.

If she is delta, why is it that almost everything she likes beta? Particularly IEI's? She does have a fondness for cute things, like weird animals, which could be sort of delta I guess? But that's a really weak case and could be her Fe HA.

I suppose I don't know her that well, but here are things I am pretty sure she likes a lot:
    cute animals, guy in her avatar, some rap artist that I believe everyone agreed was IEI (don't remember the name), cher, tattoos

I am pretty sure she does not like:
    Boring and stuffiness.. Damn I had like 3 things in my mind and I forgot them, heh

I also agree with pirate that the reason she seems "caregiving" is because of being sp first.

These are basically the reasons (there are more - possibly more telling - but I need to go to bed within like 10 min) I lean towards SLE. I had never thought about SLE as a possibility so I was stuck when deciding between LSI/SLI for her, and just didn't choose either, waiting for more of an indication. SLE fits well enough that I at least consider it more likely than the other two, even though it didn't seem she could be a type other than ISTx
    Last edited by Jenna; 01-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I don't know her that well, but here are things I am pretty sure she likes a lot:
    cute animals, guy in her avatar, some rap artist that I believe everyone agreed was IEI (don't remember the name), cher, tattoos
    Wait, these things aren't universally liked?

I'm really and truly trying to get to the bottom of how I come across intimidating. I wish I knew what exactly is giving that impression. It's not just because I shoot guns. Bluntness maybe?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you come across intimidating, maybe in comparison to other women here but even then I don't really get it. Tattoos and guns is probably the answer because I don't think you are the only one who is blunt on here.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    The way you express yourself is similar to Allie actually, same kind of directness, and she is Se-creative type. I've typed you as Se-LSI but Ti-SLE is close enough.
    What do you type me? And interesting, btw
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    I don't think you come across intimidating, maybe in comparison to other women here but even then I don't really get it. Tattoos and guns is probably the answer because I don't think you are the only one who is blunt on here.
    Well that's a really stupid reason. I hope people get out more often if they consider that intimidating.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I actually gave this some thought. I like you fine, Jessica, and if you want to try Beta, I've no particular issue with it, as in, I don't see any point in giving people grief over self-typings most of the time.

That said, I'm not sure I see you as Beta. I'm trying to pinpoint what things seem off to me, and one of them is that I'm not sure how you are Ni-valuing. Over time, your descriptions seem so naturally focused on everyday details in and of themselves, with no real desire to put an interpretive spin on them. (If that sounds pejorative, sorry--it's just something my own mentality requires.) And people can argue that SLEs do that, but first of all, ime, no, some SLEs do get rather trippily philosophical; and the ones that do not still come across to me as really wanting the Ni complement. Even an SLE who will argue strongly against any kind of Ni spin on reality will keep that argument going as long as freaking possible, seemingly just to hear the Ni perspective as much as s/he can. It's like some SLEs are begging to be broken down with a nonstop influx of Ni, even while they maintain an opposing stance.

I've noticed other SLE behaviors (the inappropriate-clown mode, the laid-back street-savant mode, the suave-and-sure mode) that I don't see in your forum posts. Maybe you do that stuff IRL, I don't know.

If I were to find you intimidating, it would probably be because I am not sure how to understand instinctively what is in your mind and heart. I am not sure how to get closer to those things when I pause to consider you as a person. I sort of envision some layers I worry I would not know how to get past. Although SLEs have at times made me despair, such as with their intractable negativity, which I lack the ability to turn around, I do seem able to understand them rapidly. So ... I would say you might be ISTp, but I am not sure of that. I do doubt SLE, at any rate. And I care about you, regardless.

Also, wtf is wrong with this monkey's butt:

Last edited by golden; 01-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    What do you type me? And interesting, btw
    I type you ESI. Your cognitive style is holographic and there are only two sensing types in socionics that fall under H-P: ESI and SLE. If jessica is SLE, she'd share this style with you and that may be what's causing these similarities.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is getting interesting.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    No. And I don't think 1 and 2 are mutually exclusive, either.

Here are my thoughts on each.

I don't run around with a desire to make sure people's needs are being met, especially not in critical situations. That is, unless these people are close family or people I care about, in which case I do make sure their basic needs are met, and assist them in having the rest of their needs met when I can. But this reduces to a very small circle of people, and is definitely not something I pay much attention to in critical situations. I do dislike when people are being mistreated, and fight against it if I percieve that certain limits have been exceeded. (This is somewhat similar to option #1.)

I do have certain convictions about how people should behave and treat each other, and these are likely to come out in critical situations, because they are related to basic ethical principles to which I am sensitive, and bugs me when they are broken. (I relate this to Fi mostly.)
    Yeah, they aren't mutually exclusive; it seems one should be much more apparent over the other, however. If you think you fit SLI better than other types, I imagine having convictions isn't something you feel comfortable with, but something you do if you feel forced into it, seeing no other choice, and will not want to indulge or play games with it at that point. Ti types seem to use it to supplement, originate, or even precede their thinking. Does this sound right at all to you?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by givemeaname View Post
    Yeah, they aren't mutually exclusive; it seems one should be much more apparent over the other, however. If you think you fit SLI better than other types, I imagine having convictions isn't something you feel comfortable with, but something you do if you feel forced into it, seeing no other choice, and will not want to indulge or play games with it at that point. Ti types seem to use it to supplement, originate, or even precede their thinking. Does this sound right at all to you?
    The way you explain it sounds vague. As I said, I do have convictions. (Though maybe it depends on how you define conviction.) Like, for instance, I feel pretty strongly about this being the wrong way to handle a personal situation.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to post a video HOLD ON

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video has absolutely nothing of substance but maybe it points to something???

DON'T QUOTE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've heard your voice before. You seem very down-to-earth.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I don't think I've heard your voice before. You seem very down-to-earth.
    I sound like a 12 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty but it's all good. I am very down to earth

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sound like a 12 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty but it's all good. I am very down to earth
    Yeah you seem so, i'm still thinking , I like what you did there at 1:12 lol.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said this in the shoutbox, and I was previously undecided, but now I can kind of see Te-ISTp.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

At the beginning of the vid I thought you were SLE, but by the end of the vid I was thinking SLI. So I'm actually indecisive about your type now. Either way ST irrational seems very clear to me.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that I guess. It's super hard for me to maintain any sort of energy talking to a camera.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ vid Jessica, yeah I think ur SLI. Te-SLI.

u talk JUST like an SLI girl i recently met. omg. u say the same things, and the same way too. same expressions. You have bigger eyes though. But you do look a bit like another delta ST girl i knew in the past.

btw i love ur voice, why u hating on your voice!!

EDIT: i just rewatched it and i'm not sure again, i guess Ti-SLE could fit too...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that I guess. It's super hard for me to maintain any sort of energy talking to a camera.
    though this makes me lean SLI

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the video i wanna say sli
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    LOL @ vid Jessica, yeah I think ur SLI. Te-SLI.

u talk JUST like an SLI girl i recently met. omg. u say the same things, and the same way too. same expressions. You have bigger eyes though. But you do look a bit like another delta ST girl i knew in the past.

btw i love ur voice, why u hating on your voice!!

EDIT: i just rewatched it and i'm not sure again, i guess Ti-SLE could fit too...
    Haha thanks. I dunno I guess I sound a hell of a lot like Jodie Foster and it's that teenage boy sort of thing that I just cringe whenever I hear it. I wish I sounded more like you know...a woman...but then again I don't think that sort of voice would fit my personality.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the thread were not preloaded for me to consider SLE, it's not a type that would likely spring to mind from watching the video. I thought Te introvert. You seem intense, also, like you could have an sx/sp stacking.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    If the thread were not preloaded for me to consider SLE, it's not a type that would likely spring to mind from watching the video. I thought Te introvert. You seem intense, also, like you could have an sx/sp stacking.
    ok cool... then I will be more confident about my Te-SLI typing too... of Jessica and the two delta ST girls i know, and my ballet teacher who i was going between Ti-SLE and delta ST, but her teaching really works for me so i guess she's delta.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha thanks. I dunno I guess I sound a hell of a lot like Jodie Foster and it's that teenage boy sort of thing that I just cringe whenever I hear it. I wish I sounded more like you know...a woman...but then again I don't think that sort of voice would fit my personality.
    I like Jodie Foster! and her voice! I think u sound plenty like a woman. high pitched squeaky voices are sooo annoying. Yours is velvety and sexy...but nothing like a man's. If i were to close my eyes and listen, i dont think anyone could mistake u for a man .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast