Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for INTjs about cheating

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe throughout all this mumble jumble no one wondered if there are children in the matter.

You guys are all selfish, delusional wankers.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy View Post
    You guys are all selfish, delusional wankers.
    How's your bathroom stalking trick working out? Good?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow82 View Post
    I agree with you that an ESE would take more time deliberating on the situation then an LII once given all of the facts. But in both cases, the LII and ESE can see that this is a situation that needs knowing the facts before answering the question. This isn't just something that an LII goes, "oh well, I don't know the person so who cares if I ruin their life by saying something that I don't even know is true." LII's seek TRUTH. That is what defines their personality. The truth is important to them.

If they don't know if it's true or not they generally say: "wait a minute while I go find out what the right answer is." That's why they make great professors, because what they know, they know, but what they don't know, they have the common sense to not just try and teach you whatever comes to their mind that day and so they say, "hey, let me look that up for you and come back with the right answer on that."

So if given the facts, an LII can go, oh yeah, I know that this is TRUE. So I can say this. But an ESE will stand there going, yeah, that may be true, but what if they take offense? And in the long-run we'll generally go for the less offensive route because "we don't want to hurt someone's feelings." [Although, we still tell the truth, we just generally water it down, lol.] That's the difference.

Again, this question needs more facts in order for it to be a question that you can answer without searing your conscience.
    Alright, the TRUTH is:

My ESE friend is asking about what she can tell her friend who is cheating on her husband. So, what should she say?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, the TRUTH is:

My ESE friend is asking about what she can tell her friend who is cheating on her husband. So, what should she say?

Honestly, your friend probably already has the best answer, she just doesn't realize it. I would simply ask her what she thinks that she should say and then encourage her to say it. Usually, that's what an ESE is looking for. Reassurance. And we're usually right. . . so yeah.

That's what I would do anyway.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, your friend probably already has the best answer, she just doesn't realize it. I would simply ask her what she thinks that she should say and then encourage her to say it. Usually, that's what an ESE is looking for. Reassurance. And we're usually right. . . so yeah.

That's basically what I was trying to say, too.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol classic maritsa thread.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And, the purpose of the LII is to bring this un-yet realized answer up to the conscious. Through some nifty technics, for instance analysis.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Robert Fripp - Ne-LII
    Bill Bruford - Ne-LII
    Adrian Belew - Ne-ILE
    Tony Levin - Ti-LSI

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I promised myself I wouldn't post here again, but I will. OK, I have 2 ESE friends - one from way back in school, the other a colleague. Actually they do like to ask me, an LII, this type of question. But because they know me well by now, they also know I will not give a straight answer precisely because of my Ne, which for some bizarre reason is precisely why they plague me with such things. If I didn't like them so much, it would be annoying. People treat INTjs like oracles. They expect the answer to solve their problems but are spectacularly poor at asking the right question correctly.

I agree this question is too open-ended, there are simply too many possible variants that could change the advice, generating very many possible answers and it is extremely difficult to rank them without more information. Yes, the Ne helps analysis considerably, but with variables opened up so broadly - clearly the questioner doesn't understand what it is like to be swamped by way, way, too many possible scenarios for a conscious mind to process. Aside from circumstances, it isn't even clear what is wanted - support, or a solution? Is there a subtext that emotional people often have in their questions but always forget to explicitly mention? and so on. The question as posed does not have nearly enough information, and the possible answer suggested assumes either the LII already knows some facts or social rules of thumb applicable for this case, or is giving a canned answer because she isn't really interested in giving serious assistance. Even so, if I were really not interested, it's quite hard to imagine myself even bothering to give a canned answer rather than no answer or a deflective reply. And, the canned answer varies by INTj. If I were forced to pick a set of assumptions to define the limits of the case and thus pick the likeliest best answer, I might not have chosen that line of reasoning. "First off, probably best for her to stop the cheating" might be my opener, before explaining how that is beneficial across many likely scenarios that might unfold.

If it was one of my 2 friends, I would invariably (because they're friends and so I consider it worthwhile to even entertain these quite pointless questions) help them feel out the question more by asking for more information. Either this helps them think through the problem and discover what they want to do all along, or discover what the situation needs (which is what an INTj is good at and what few other people would focus on even though obviously it is the most important part) as opposed to what the people want to hear, or at least I would get more information to narrow down the possible range of situations and therefore the possible range of helpful answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12