Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Also, I wish I were SEI, but I don't think I'm my ILE boyfriend's dual. We communicate clearly and understand each other, but sometimes there are long lulls in conversation where neither of us has anything to talk about so we just goof off and make random noises at each other. I do feel strained sometimes around him, like I'm not acting like myself or like I'm doing something wrong. However, most of the time I can relax around him and talk to him about absolutely anything, He has helped me to rediscover my sense of humor, and built my confidence.

I feel like I can feed his need for reasonably well, too. I know when he needs neckrubs, and he always is amazed that I find just the right spot to focus on. I make sure he eats so he doesn't get woozy because he forgets sometimes, and offer to cook for him though I rarely have the chance. I organize plans for us to do things. I smooth things over to keep the peace when he says something that offends others. I bring an extra pair of earmuffs in case he forgets his hat. I just don't know if this is my strength. I feel like too much of a Negative Nancy sometimes, or that I am overly-critical.

Added some pics to the 1st post for now.
    Maybe he's not ILE.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Why hasn't anyone linked you to socionics.us yet? Still one of the best resources. A lot of the stuff I see on wikisocion is over-simplified and way too stereotypical, though it is of course far more comprehensive. Also, if you have trouble understanding or are irked by the elements as defined by socionics, try reading a few descriptions as defined by Jung here (a bit of a long read, but quite insightful concerning at least the strongest and weakest functions).

As for your info, I will read it a bit later and perhaps even offer my own perspective. Yay.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God, you are pure nerd. Alpha all the way, baby. The question is which one? You are not as dialectical (read that as possessed...) as a SEI.

I therefore conclude that you are an LII.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 12-22-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Maybe he's not ILE.
    He is inventive, scatterbrained, blunt, hilarious, prone to starting a bunch of projects but only finishing a few, or having a great idea but not following through (he was going to make me a heart out of LED lights for Christmas). He loves novelty, debate, and loves when I show different perspectives on a topic. The descriptions fit him so well that I'm not sure what other type he could be, but I'll keep my mind open. It's hard enough determining my own type haha.

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    Why hasn't anyone linked you to socionics.us yet? Still one of the best resources. A lot of the stuff I see on wikisocion is over-simplified and way too stereotypical, though it is of course far more comprehensive. Also, if you have trouble understanding or are irked by the elements as defined by socionics, try reading a few descriptions as defined by Jung here (a bit of a long read, but quite insightful concerning at least the strongest and weakest functions).

As for your info, I will read it a bit later and perhaps even offer my own perspective. Yay.
    Awesome, thanks! I've poked around on Socionics.us, and find it informative, though incomplete. I read a lot of the Jung while studying MBTI, but it wouldn't hurt to give it another run-through. And any opinion you have to offer on my type would be appreciated, as I'm still pretty clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Oh God, you are pure nerd. Alpha all the way, baby. The question is which one? You are not as dialectical (read that as possessed...) as a SEI.

I therefore conclude that you are an LII.
    LOLWUT, there's a nerd quadra? I don't feel like an LII; some things definitely fit about it, but I smile/emote too much and am generally a warm and approachable person. LII seem more cold and serious from descriptions. Also, the way I walk and carry myself when I'm happy and healthy is almost comical; my friends say I'm "floaty" or "dancing," which I'm not sure could describe an LII.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is inventive, scatterbrained, blunt, hilarious, prone to starting a bunch of projects but only finishing a few, or having a great idea but not following through (he was going to make me a heart out of LED lights for Christmas). He loves novelty, debate, and loves when I show different perspectives on a topic. The descriptions fit him so well that I'm not sure what other type he could be, but I'll keep my mind open. It's hard enough determining my own type haha.

Awesome, thanks! I've poked around on Socionics.us, and find it informative, though incomplete. I read a lot of the Jung while studying MBTI, but it wouldn't hurt to give it another run-through. And any opinion you have to offer on my type would be appreciated, as I'm still pretty clueless!

LOLWUT, there's a nerd quadra? I don't feel like an LII; some things definitely fit about it, but I smile/emote too much and am generally a warm and approachable person. LII seem more cold and serious from descriptions. Also, the way I walk and carry myself when I'm happy and healthy is almost comical; my friends say I'm "floaty" or "dancing," which I'm not sure could describe an LII.
    R u kidding? LIIs are Fe-dual seekers... they can have obnoxious emotionality per my understanding. Re: gait, I read somewhere that people were making an observation that LIIs can sometimes walk a little bit like a frog (which actually did ring true for an LII ex-coworker of mine), so maybe the "floaty, dancing" walk is consistent with LII.

And yes your bf does in fact sound alpha NT from what you described. I think either ILE or LII can start lots of projects and not finish them. EDIT: just looked at his pic above, and he does actually VI alpha NT too. ur right.

Your type isn't quite jumping out at me though yet, even with the extra pics. I could see you as LII possibly. So that would make you and your bf mirrors, which is why you dont feel it's duality. Same quadra though, so it's def a good relation anyway.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't seem nearly as natural at it as F-egos are.

Even when you "chuckle" in your video, it's kind of awkward and deadpan.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think your easy going sense of humor would merit a Merry type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think your easy going sense of humor would merit a Merry type.
    If I'm sure of anything type related, it's my "Merriness"; I've said that from the start, but some people seemed to see in me (probably is demonstrative). Now whether I'm a Positivist or Negativist, Democratic or Aristocratic, Evolutionary or Involutionary...that's a bigger challenge to figure out.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics INTp (ILI), in your case.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that too, but it is not very clear. I do not see you having any obvious agenda, what is your big dream?

ILIs are like LIIs who think dynamically, are stubborn and secretive. They do not like strangers to know their aspirations (weak Fe) and consider it a waste of time of time to discuss their ideas with people who do not count for anything. They are secretive about what is most important to them, and thus they can fall into funks (periods of deep inertia) because they lack the sense of social engagement to get things going.

So, the question is, what big aspiration do you have that you are letting slip between your fingers because you are being an inert lump?

In order to drawn in the deepest wisdom, you must hold back from acting, for action could be premature and inhibit something important. Yet the ILI wants to take action (suggestive Se) and is thus trapped in a paradox. Their imagination suggests action should be taken, yet action introduces instability and exposes the ILI to imperfection. They toil thusly ... distrusting others as “the others” cannot be expected to know with the same depth what the ILI knows – “the others” are all FOOLS!!! Withdrawn, they sit quietly watching with their all seeing Ni, watching and waiting in a funk.

Thus, what actions do you value? Do you have any goal - a major goal - that you do not trust others to understand? Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI. What are you hiding?
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 01-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, look at Te. A ILI is a creative Te. This means something different than the Te of an ESTj or ENTj. ILIs are guarded and highly secretive about their creative function. They could easily waste their lives using their creative Te to win at role playing games instead of real life.

They have great insecurity about their creative function - they are likely to be the most insecure about their Te of all socionic types. Even worse than Te PoLR types.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm

They have great insecurity about their creative function - they are likely to be the most insecure about their creativity of all socionic types. (It is harder to get a ILI to show his creative Te than it is to get a girl to show her pussy...) No offense to the ladies.
    I dont think thats true. Ive known a couple ILIs, my dad being one, my cousin being another and they aerent afraid to demonstrate their practicality in the real world.

People who waste all their time playing roleplaying games and such aerent necessarily ILIs as this isnt type related.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saberstorm, I think you inaccurately describe the ILI when you make this assumption it correlates with a certain one big "goal", "purpose", "aspiration". I don't think this is applicable for this type, also, in my experience, ILIs are scattered and open to many ends. Quite a few I know radically changed career & stuff.

I also grew convinced you are a Ti/Fe Rational Extrovert, which leaves us with ESE and EIE. I feel you're Alpha for your naive sincerity and genuineness. In fact I was surprised to read your above statement about secrecy, considering how many concrete personal things you revealed on the forum for no technical reason: where you work (a certain museum, IIRC), who is your boss, who and how much you admire, what your aims are, that you are a Jew and how things are going inside your community, the values and actions of people you know, etc. I observe that you have an imperative desire to reveal facts about yourself and although you seem to understand how that is rather unapplicable to ILIs, who are generally people content staying in the background, I don't understand how you can't see how it is so hugely applicable to you. Yes, I know Te-Creative are discreet people, but that is IMO your opposite...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI.
    Since when are you ILI? I'm not saying it's wrong but if I remember correctly, you had ENFj noted as a type before and there is a large gap between those two types. Or am I mistaken?

EDIT: I didn't saw the post above when I wrote this.
    Well, that doesn't make sense. You're ILI OR EIE. If you're indeed ILI, you know it. And don't "also think of yourself as EIE".
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you guys seeing ILI? I relate much more to than . I don't give a rat's ass about any sort of efficiency. Also, I know a self-typed ILI whose typing seems accurate to me, and he strikes me as incredibly critical and negative towards people. We do not see people the same way...I feel more IEI than ILI.

I can see that too, but it is not very clear. I do not see you having any obvious agenda, what is your big dream?

So, the question is, what big aspiration do you have that you are letting slip between your fingers because you are being an inert lump?

Thus, what actions do you value? Do you have any goal - a major goal - that you do not trust others to understand? Everybody is a FOOL to an ILI. What are you hiding?
    My agenda right now is to get a good job as a grant writer, helping non-profits to get money for projects benefiting under-served populations, preferably involving nutrition and local food. I'd like to buy a new car as mine is falling apart, get my own apartment, meet new people, get more involved in my community, check out more museums and live music, travel more...my goals are fairly simple, and I think most people could understand them and agree with them if I told them. I don't have much to hide.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Efficiency isnt a thing or else why would LSIs value it?
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additionally, I don't think I'm SEI anymore (unless I'm understanding duality wrong) because when times get tough, my ILE guy struggles to figure out how to help me. I've been very down on myself about my job hunt lately, and he keeps telling me I should apply to jobs online, start my own business, or run an event related to my area of interest. I keep seeing his suggestions as mostly off-base or things I've already considered and can't help but reject them after some consideration, which frustrates the both of us. He asked me how to help, and I told him that putting pressure on me by asking me what I've done for my job hunt lately on a regular basis would probably work the best. So what am I seeking while I am struggling? Is it ? I feel like I need someone to push me in some way.