Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
right off the bat without getting too in-depth yet, i will say that you should hold off assigning socionic types to people in your life until you figure your own socionic type out. To figure your socionic type you should start getting familiar with the socionic information elements and how they manifest. Right now you are "speaking" MBTI lingo and offering up details about yourself that arent necessarily type related (being cerebral, searching for hidden meanings--can be Ni or Fi or Ne depending on which "meanings" you are talking about, being R or L brained, etc). Your topics of interest and how you listed them all there sort of suggest Ne/Si valuing to me actually in that you have all these eclectic, varied interests (Ne) and some of them deal with Si-related material (alternative medicine/health, nutrition, for example). But of course i dont know enough about you to really make the call as of yet. The point of my comments here is that you are already crossing out quadras and stating you relate to alpha/beta values and not gamma/delta values, before you really understand what the values are.

Socionics is a complex thing to get a handle on, and it's difficult to explain. So try to keep your mind open at least until you have a good foundation in the concepts. I would recommend an open mind after that too
Sorry, Google won't let me translate MBTIese to Socionish. You're totally right, though! I get carried away when I first start learning something interesting and can jump to conclusions too quickly. So the information I offered wasn't particularly helpful in determining my type? What should I be focusing on instead?

I'll be sure to keep an open mind, though; I know I'm completely in the dark about this theory so far!