Thread: MBTI INFJ, Socionics WTF?

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saberstorm, it does fit very well. I could see Se suggestive in me as this (also from Wikisocion):

"The IEIs' own world is one of indecision and hesitation when it comes to taking action and striking out on their own. What best removes this hesitation is when someone else really wants them to do something. The IEI then relies on the other person's strong desire to mobilize them to action, as if the force of their desire were their own."

When people tell me in no uncertain terms what they want me to do, I will do it if I agree with the goal. I am a bundle of indecision otherwise. Sometimes I need a swift kick in the ass to get going, and often rely on some drastic change in my environment to spur me on when no person is there to help.

The main problem with the IEI typing I'm running into is the Reinin dichotomies. I think I am more negativist than positivist, more judicious than decisive, and more democratic than aristocratic. Perhaps the dichotomies are a steaming load of horse crap when it comes to typing people, or perhaps I'm a weird SEI.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Scratch my typing, I think you are some sort of Extrovert. Maybe I will have the time and patience to watch all the video.

I don't understand why you keep saying that you want or like to be an IEI. Is this some sort of teasing?
    I say I want to be an IEI because people directly asked me what type I'd like to be, and that's the type that sounds like me the most.

hkkmr also thought I was EP temperament for a while, but mentioned that my image triad enneatype could be the cause. I am very much IP temperament; constant low energy, always have been this way. I cannot see myself as any extraverted type at all.

I will say that the difficulty in typing me is feeding my 4w5 desire to be a unique and special snowflake. I really do want to know my actual type, though.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The negativism is ennagram 4.

Perhaps you are an inverted aristocrat. You divide the world between forces of repression and forces of progress or haves and have nots and you may see people as existing inside a larger milieu of authority, but that you are an outsider to the aristocratic dynamic that is none-the-less real to you. Inside of this sphere-of-society are real social roles, but you see people as transcending the sterotype of "what team they play for," so to speak. Thus, people are distinct personalities within a civic sphere - that is still aristocratic. (Your photojournalism is aristocratic in this sense...)

Your "judicious" personality is an neurotic illusion caused by a lack of dualization! Find an Se ego as soon as possible! You need suggestive stimulation!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

PistolShrimp, would you please offer your response in this thread, I would appreciate it; it's for a little experiment. Thank you.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...830#post844830
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, notice my dialectial thinking... Pistol says "I am IEI" (thesis) "but I am not aristocratic" (antithesis) to my "you see people as distinct personalities within a civic sphere..." (synthesis)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Are facts a thing? I don't particularly care about those, either. I am mostly going by what I've read here so my understanding could be off.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ation_elements
    No, facts can be tied with any extraverted function. HOWEVER Te, because it seeks to define things trough logic, is very likely to stock up on facts, but so are Fe types, Se and Ne.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-01-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Ah, notice my dialectial thinking... Pistol says "I am IEI" (thesis) "but I am not aristocratic" (antithesis) to my "you see people as distinct personalities within a civic sphere..." (synthesis)
    I can see it. I think I did that too, though, same thesis and antithesis with a different synthesis: Reinin dichotomies are garbage, or I'm a weird SEI. I seem to notice contradictions pretty easily.

Perhaps you are an inverted aristocrat. You divide the world between forces of repression and forces of progress or haves and have nots and you may see people as existing inside a larger milieu of authority, but that you are an outsider to the aristocratic dynamic that is none-the-less real to you. Inside of this sphere-of-society are real social roles, but you see people as transcending the sterotype of "what team they play for," so to speak. Thus, people are distinct personalities within a civic sphere - that is still aristocratic. (Your photojournalism is aristocratic in this sense...)

Your "judicious" personality is an neurotic illusion caused by a lack of dualization! Find an Se ego as soon as possible! You need suggestive stimulation!
    Suggestive stimulation eh...? I'll have to ask my ILE boyfriend for some of that Se-role.

Seriously though, my dad is total SLE and I've lived with him for 20+ years; if I'm IEI I should be drawing in duals like a black hole by now.

I'm still not really sure I divide people up much into groups, aside from basic friends/family/strangers. I believe we are all connected and all that hippie crap. Your idea is interesting and I could see it but I'm not sure it fits me. I think that particular dichotomy is too confusing and I won't hinge my self-typing on it, anyway.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an -creative type, I'd like to express my experience with this thread thus far through an interpretive dance:

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ! what is this funny animal ?
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    lol ! what is this funny animal ?
    I believe, yes, I believe it is called a horse.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, this can be seen the way it run, and it have the same way to jump over obstacle.
    Anyway did you notice its under water ?

I was not fully awake when questionning, thats an obvious shrimp (a world I didnt know in eng before this) as suggest the OP name... (edit : and the video name. Now Im awake)
    Last edited by noid; 02-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I just spontaneously signed up for beginner burlesque dancing classes because I thought it would be fun and hilarious to try, though I'm terrified because I'm a slow learner and not really the typical body type, being twiggy and flat and looking like jailbait and all.

I have moments now and then when I feel the need to completely break out of my comfort zone for a while by doing something I'd never think of trying normally, such as capoeira, or traveling to Iceland solo, or burlesque dancing. Not sure if this is type related, but I am pretty impulsive when it comes to these things and don't really think them through much; I just get a gut sense that I need to shake things up and go for it. I feel the need to experience something completely new, and feel a sense of accomplishment when I face my fear in doing so.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure an SEI 4w5 can exist. Type 4 seems much more in line with IEI, and 9 with SEI. I relate more to 4w5, though I tend to be very aware of melodramatic behavior and am quick to joke about it when I produce it myself or see it in others. I'm also pretty friendly and approachable, and adapt to others quite easily, which doesn't exactly fit the 4w5 descriptions I've read. However, I identify pretty strongly with the focus on the feeling that something or someone is missing, having had an undercurrent of wistful longing throughout my life. 4w5 makes the most sense to me.

I feel very close to settling on a type; I just need to see SiFe vs NiFe more clearly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent four days away with my boyfriend in New Hampshire. Nice and relaxing, but I came to realize that in extended doses of time spent with him, I get irritated by his behavior. I could feel the irritation building, and finally dissipated it with a pillow fight where I could whack him repeatedly without hurting him. He often talks/acts like a five-year-old and it's cute for a bit but it gets to me after a while, even though I love him...it's weird telling him to knock it off because I think it's a fundamental aspect of his personality. Maybe he's just immature, though; not sure if most ILEs are so childlike.

I also had a complete nervous breakdown (PMS induced!) and he felt incapable of comforting me, though he did help me to realize/admit that I feel like I've lost control over pretty much everything in my life and I'm probably depressed. It's hard for me to distinguish if my frustrations with our relationship are due to issues of my own, or due to the relationship itself.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first guess would be, you're an EII. Have you considered about intertypical relations? Or Reinin Dichotomies? For example, the dichotomy of statics/dynamics? Askers/declarers? Positivism/Negativism? A type functions as a whole.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just lost a long post, UGHHHHH.

Basically, I got into Socionics to see if it could offer some insight into the path my relationship with my boyfriend will take. I'm an enneatype 4, and I ultimately fear abandonment. Duality seems like it provides the best chance for a long-term, "everlasting love" type deal, and thus would be the least likely relationship to result in abandonment, therefore I want to be my boyfriend's dual. Now I realize that even duality is no safeguard against abandonment, and that being happy with myself first and my relationships second is what's important. I am probably IEI, and I should embrace that, not change myself in a misguided attempt to protect myself and my relationship. I can't really tell how things will play out in the long run, but I'm going to have fun in the meantime.

Going to see Andrew W.K. tonight; he is hilarious and fun and I can't wait to see him live. I think he's an ESxp type because his music is as fuck, all about partying and sex and just being awesome.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not sure if i like you or you annoy me.

I kinda could see iei, because of your eyes werent totally off. But somehow your writings are kinda annoying.

I think some kind of si valuer

You talk so much about places you have been or stuff you have done to be very uninteresting.

You are what i would imagine si-isfp to be like.

You came in good notice as i have been dreaming about duality as im dating infp-fe myself. As i see the doubts in you. But then again if you havent experienced other kind of relationships you nice school girl you, then you cant really know is your duality so special or unspecial for you
    Last edited by NewBorn STAR; 04-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Going to see Andrew W.K. tonight
    Blah5

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what my horrible typing skills are worth, ISFp seems like a good typing for you.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda could see iei, because of your eyes werent totally off. But somehow your writings are kinda annoying.

You talk so much about places you have been or stuff you have done to be very uninteresting.

You came in good notice as i have been dreaming about duality as im dating infp-fe myself. As i see the doubts in you. But then again if you havent experienced other kind of relationships you nice school girl you, then you cant really know is your duality so special or unspecial for you.

Also i have noted that many alphas love cosplay. As a teenager i had a short period where i was very interested in anime, but the idea of cosplay alsways annoyed or seemed dull and achieving nothing. Dunno if its type related though

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

You came in good notice as i have been dreaming about duality as im dating infp-fe myself. As i see the doubts in you. But then again if you havent experienced other kind of relationships you nice school girl you, then you cant really know is your duality so special or unspecial for you

You came in good notice as i have been dreaming about duality as im dating infp-fe myself. As i see the doubts in you. But then again if you havent experienced other kind of relationships you nice school girl you, then you cant really know is your duality so special or unspecial for you.

Also i have noted that many alphas love cosplay. As a teenager i had a short period where i was very interested in anime, but the idea of cosplay alsways annoyed or seemed dull and achieving nothing. Dunno if its type related though

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You check my edits too. You must be a fan !

Also pistol other thing your personal problems are not type related. Types are free of mental problems yours shall not shame them

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You check my edits too. You must be a fan !
    I just find you utterly hilarious sometimes.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behold: the musical equivalent of indigestion.

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    For what my horrible typing skills are worth, ISFp seems like a good typing for you.
    Thanks for the input, fenryrr! Any particular reason why, or just an impression?

Also pistol other thing your personal problems are not type related. Types are free of mental problems yours shall not shame them
    Heh well at least you're honest.

Did I say my issues are type-related somewhere? I know any neuroses I have are my own and not particular to some personality type.

I think that the problem with typing someone on a forum is that they can come across as pretty much any type if you pick and choose different aspects of them to focus on; that's why this thread is so friggin' long and inconclusive.

I'm currently working at a bakery to pay the bills and otherwise doing fuck-all with my life. If I were doing more interesting things now, I'd talk about more interesting things. What do INFps talk about?

Many Alphas do like cosplay, but it's not type-related because my Beta and Delta friends like it too. I've never been super into it but it is fun now and then.

I dated someone else for 2.5 years who I think was INFp-Ni and that started really well but eventually drove us both nuts, so I do have some experience with another type romantically. My current relationship is a much better fit, but not really like what people describe as duality. I don't really care since it's pretty good no matter what type of relationship it is.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, that's enough for me.

Oh and by the way, it is called "Better off Dead".

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, fenryrr! Any particular reason why, or just an impression?

Heh well at least you're honest.

Did I say my issues are type-related somewhere? I know any neuroses I have are my own and not particular to some personality type.

I think that the problem with typing someone on a forum is that they can come across as pretty much any type if you pick and choose different aspects of them to focus on; that's why this thread is so friggin' long and inconclusive.

I'm currently working at a bakery to pay the bills and otherwise doing fuck-all with my life. If I were doing more interesting things now, I'd talk about more interesting things. What do INFps talk about?

Many Alphas do like cosplay, but it's not type-related because my Beta and Delta friends like it too. I've never been super into it but it is fun now and then.

I dated someone else for 2.5 years who I think was INFp-Ni and that started really well but eventually drove us both nuts, so I do have some experience with another type romantically. My current relationship is a much better fit, but not really like what people describe as duality. I don't really care since it's pretty good no matter what type of relationship it is.
    Well you talked about potential problems in relationship and wondered if they were type related or more you related.

I just aswered that type related.

I relate to your description of how any type can be any type. Yep ti hidden agenda shining through. I would think infps more often talk about ideas or abstract thought patterns to show some theme rather than just things..

You seem pretty alpha to me. Or i dont see very much ni stuff in your writings or your photos

Just for contrast in my own typing thread i wrote a bit similiar to you, but i wrote alot about my ideas and thoughtpatterns and wanted people to type from them. Whereas you write about your behavior and stuff you have done

Expecially for ni-infp.
    Also its not that you expecially annoy me.you seem like a cute girl. Its you claiming to be a type you are not, which is expression of INEXPRESSION aka SLeep inside the sleep. Inhappy in happiness. annoying in death march. Aka waiting to be hit on the head
    Last edited by NewBorn STAR; 04-03-2012 at 12:03 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, that's enough for me.

Oh and by the way, it is called "Better off Dead".
    I'm not a huge fan of that particular type of metal mush. Andrew W.K. is just entertaining to me because of his partying nonsense, even if his music all sounds the same.

Well you talked about potential problems in relationship and wondered if they were type related or more you related.

I just aswered that type related.

I relate to your description of how any type can be any type. Yep ti hidden agenda shining through. I would think infps more often talk about ideas or abstract thought patterns to show some theme rather than just things..

You seem pretty alpha to me. Or i dont see very much ni stuff in your writings or your photos

Just for contrast in my own typing thread i wrote a bit similiar to you, but i wrote alot about my ideas and thoughtpatterns and wanted people to type from them. Whereas you write about your behavior and stuff you have done

Expecially for ni-infp.
    Also its not that you expecially annoy me.you seem like a cute girl. Its you claiming to be a type you are not, which is expression of INEXPRESSION aka SLeep inside the sleep. Inhappy in happiness. annoying in death march. Aka waiting to be hit on the head
    I do talk about fairly abstract ideas quite often in person when given the chance, and get bored by people telling stories about mundane details of their lives. For example, my boyfriend and I spent an hour the other night talking about the current state of the world, and my focus was on where things are heading with jobs and my feeling that there won't be much need for them in the future. The fun thing about Ni is that it is supposedly hard to express, so how can people see if I'm using it? What's the secret handshake?

It's also hard for me to focus on my imagination and abstract speculation when I have pressing life issues like moving out, getting a new job, paying loans etc. stealing my attention right now. I used to journal my speculations a lot when I was younger before life got in the way. My best classes in school were always the ones where I had to analyze underlying themes in literature and write about them.

No worries, you didn't offend me or anything. I can understand why it'd be annoying if I do come across as a completely different type from the one I claim to be. I still feel more Ni than Si-base, though, as my attention is generally on the long-term and hidden implications of things. I'm not sure how to get that across.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that SEI has Ni as the demonstrative function. SEIs are proficient at Ni.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that SEI has Ni as the demonstrative function. SEIs are proficient at Ni.
    OOPS: SEI have Ni role.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion View Post
    as a role (3rd) function (SEI and SLI) The individual is able to turn his attention to longer-term implications and personal imagination but only for brief periods; his natural preference is to concentrate on the immediate surroundings and sensations, or on the job at hand. If poorly developed, this function can lead him to extensively plan his future while failing to evaluate his reasons for doing so. .

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a huge fan of that particular type of metal mush. Andrew W.K. is just entertaining to me because of his partying nonsense, even if his music all sounds the same.

I do talk about fairly abstract ideas quite often in person when given the chance, and get bored by people telling stories about mundane details of their lives. For example, my boyfriend and I spent an hour the other night talking about the current state of the world, and my focus was on where things are heading with jobs and my feeling that there won't be much need for them in the future. The fun thing about Ni is that it is supposedly hard to express, so how can people see if I'm using it? What's the secret handshake?

It's also hard for me to focus on my imagination and abstract speculation when I have pressing life issues like moving out, getting a new job, paying loans etc. stealing my attention right now. I used to journal my speculations a lot when I was younger before life got in the way. My best classes in school were always the ones where I had to analyze underlying themes in literature and write about them.

No worries, you didn't offend me or anything. I can understand why it'd be annoying if I do come across as a completely different type from the one I claim to be. I still feel more Ni than Si-base, though, as my attention is generally on the long-term and hidden implications of things. I'm not sure how to get that across.
    uhh ahh. Its not really about caring if i offended you. i did find it more important to clarify my intentions for my sake.
    Talking about jobs or if there will be jobs dont seem very niSH.

Intelligent people can do abstract thinking. Anyway you dont seem to be very NI and i dont see why you would want to be other than hold up false images as images of something you are not happy with your life. AS a wish to get away. Those both will falter though. You sound very isfp and your jobs or whatnot being an excuse not to show more ni just seems like bad excuses. Also if you are doing so bad in life. How about concentrating on fixing the problems rather trying to solve a personality type that doesnt seem relevant at that point of your life.

Ni as superego function is something one uses well when everything is stable in life, as you have your dual functions defending your superego functions in away that you have your life covered. In someway though you have lacked in providing yourself what you need, and in so you are unable and so is your boyfriend to answer some pressing needs that you yourself need to answer not your boyfriend to take your life back to control and to what you want. As you dont have those answers you project an image of infp (that has the supposed allknowingness) so that you could answer the problems that you face, which you cant.

SI ISFP BITCH OR SHOE ME THE NI

^^ THIS HERE IS SOME BASIC DEMONSTRATION OF NI NOT AT VERY GOOD LEVEL. BUT STILL MORE OF GRADE A QUALITY NI YOU HAVE IN ANY YOUR CHEERFUL HAPPY ISFP KIND OF GAGAISH BULLSHIT YOU SPROUT HERE

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SUFFOCATE ON THE ALPHANESSS OF THIS SONG

Also the indecision part is about being ip temperament not DISTINCTLY iei
    Last edited by NewBorn STAR; 04-03-2012 at 02:22 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you but the thing is I still don't see Si-base, or Ne-seeking for that matter. Fe-creative and Ti-hidden agenda is solid, at least.

Intelligent people can do abstract thinking. Anyway you dont seem to be very NI and i dont see why you would want to be other than hold up false images as images of something you are not happy with your life. AS a wish to get away. Those both will falter though. You sound very isfp and your jobs or whatnot being an excuse not to show more ni just seems like bad excuses. Also if you are doing so bad in life. How about concentrating on fixing the problems rather trying to solve a personality type that doesnt seem relevant at that point of your life.

Ni as superego function is something one uses well when everything is stable in life, as you have your dual functions defending your superego functions in away that you have your life covered. In someway though you have lacked in providing yourself what you need, and in so you are unable and so is your boyfriend to answer some pressing needs that you yourself need to answer not your boyfriend to take your life back to control and to what you want. As you dont have those answers you project an image of infp (that has the supposed allknowingness) so that you could answer the problems that you face, which you cant.

SI ISFP BITCH OR SHOE ME THE NI

^^ THIS HERE IS SOME BASIC DEMONSTRATION OF NI NOT AT VERY GOOD LEVEL.
    So what is Ni in your mind? Random abstract babblings and certainties pulled from some Jungian hammerspace? Thanks for the psychoanalysis Dr. Freud, but I have no underlying desire to be an IEI to solve my issues. The hell would I wanna be such a space cadet when I need to actually get out and do stuff? SEI sounds much nicer in these anxious times, being able to relax in a comfortable environment and enjoy the moment to its fullest, but that's not really me; I'm already ten steps ahead and planning my next move while taking my bubble bath. My mind is a perpetual tempest, and I rarely get a chance to rest in the eye. Ni won't solve my problems with its endless forecasting; it's Se that will drag me out of the storm.

I am concentrating on the things I need to do with my life; this forum is a simple diversion in the off hours. I am who I am, and knowing my type won't really change that. It'd just be cool to know because the theory is interesting, and I can't apply it if I don't even know my own type.

As far as Ni, I really need some definition of what you believe to be Ni in order to show you if I have it or not(Ti-HA go go go!).

BUT STILL MORE OF GRADE A QUALITY NI YOU HAVE IN ANY YOUR CHEERFUL HAPPY ISFP KIND OF GAGAISH BULLSHIT YOU SPROUT HERE
    Are we talking about the same thread? I'm enneatype 4; I don't exactly shoot butterflies and rainbows out of my ass. I have an edge and I call people out on their bullshit when I quickly zero in on it; that's what most of my friends like about me, and you're doing the same thing to me here as I do to them. I haven't really shown it here because no one has poked me hard enough to spill the Se-Brand™ vitriol out. Not sure if SEIs bite quite as hard as I do when provoked.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not a huge fan of that particular type of metal mush.
    I know. Just wanted to check whether or not a ghost of Christmas past holds any water as people claim it does

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you but the thing is I still don't see Si-base, or Ne-seeking for that matter. Fe-creative and Ti-hidden agenda is solid, at least.

So what is Ni in your mind? Random abstract babblings and certainties pulled from some Jungian hammerspace? Thanks for the psychoanalysis Dr. Freud, but I have no underlying desire to be an IEI to solve my issues. The hell would I wanna be such a space cadet when I need to actually get out and do stuff? SEI sounds much nicer in these anxious times, being able to relax in a comfortable environment and enjoy the moment to its fullest, but that's not really me; I'm already ten steps ahead and planning my next move while taking my bubble bath. My mind is a perpetual tempest, and I rarely get a chance to rest in the eye. Ni won't solve my problems with its endless forecasting; it's Se that will drag me out of the storm.

I am concentrating on the things I need to do with my life; this forum is a simple diversion in the off hours. I am who I am, and knowing my type won't really change that. It'd just be cool to know because the theory is interesting, and I can't apply it if I don't even know my own type.

As far as Ni, I really need some definition of what you believe to be Ni in order to show you if I have it or not(Ti-HA go go go!).

Are we talking about the same thread? I'm enneatype 4; I don't exactly shoot butterflies and rainbows out of my ass. I have an edge and I call people out on their bullshit when I quickly zero in on it; that's what most of my friends like about me, and you're doing the same thing to me here as I do to them. I haven't really shown it here because no one has poked me hard enough to spill the Se-Brand™ vitriol out. Not sure if SEIs bite quite as hard as I do when provoked.
    BOLD 1 : THANK YOU I NEEDED THAT. NEWBORN STAR AKA DR FREUD.

BOLD 2:ACTUALLY I THINK NI KEEPS ONE HAPPY AS NI CAN ALWAYS SEE HOW THINGS COULD BE GOOD SO THEY ALWAYS CONCETRATE ON THE GOOD THUS BE HAPP ALL TIMES ESTP REALLY NEED THAT AS THEY TEND TO SEE ALL THE THINGS THEY DONT HAVE AND WE TELL THEM ALL THE THIGNS THEY DO HAVE
    ALSO ISFP TEND TO GET DEPRESSED AS THEY SEE ONLY HOW WHAT BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN THEYR ENVIROMENT AND THEY GET ANXIOUS OF IT

UU A SEXY BITE IN YOUR MESSAGE. ACTUALLY I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR GORGEOUS EYE AND THUS I THINK YOU CAN BE IEI OR ANY TYPE YOU WISH. DEFINITE.

TYPE COMFIRMED

i was only a bit provocative because thats the way this forum works i need to follow the protocl but i can never hold it too long ffs

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pistolshrimp, ever since you joined this forum there's been a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that you reminded me of someone and now i can finally put this vibe into place.

you sound like all of the characters in this movie:

the same kind of smarmy smart-assery.
    as for what that says about you, alpha alpha alpha as hell.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know. Just wanted to check whether or not a ghost of Christmas past holds any water as people claim it does
    You confuse me but you're funny. Are you my conflictor or my supervisor?

BOLD 1 : THANK YOU I NEEDED THAT. NEWBORN STAR AKA DR FREUD.

BOLD 2:ACTUALLY I THINK NI KEEPS ONE HAPPY AS NI CAN ALWAYS SEE HOW THINGS COULD BE GOOD SO THEY ALWAYS CONCETRATE ON THE GOOD THUS BE HAPP ALL TIMES ESTP REALLY NEED THAT AS THEY TEND TO SEE ALL THE THINGS THEY DONT HAVE AND WE TELL THEM ALL THE THIGNS THEY DO HAVE
    ALSO ISFP TEND TO GET DEPRESSED AS THEY SEE ONLY HOW WHAT BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN THEYR ENVIROMENT AND THEY GET ANXIOUS OF IT

UU A SEXY BITE IN YOUR MESSAGE. ACTUALLY I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR GORGEOUS EYE AND THUS I THINK YOU CAN BE IEI OR ANY TYPE YOU WISH. DEFINITE.

TYPE COMFIRMED

i was only a bit provocative because thats the way this forum works i need to follow the protocl but i can never hold it too long ffs
    IEIs can get depressed and anxious too, though they're likely to see the silver lining in the depression or anxiety. I can always see both the good and the bad in things. The only way to stay sane with some of the shit I've dealt with is to shift my perspective to a more positive one, otherwise I can be paralyzed by doubt.

Your Maritsa impression is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    pistolshrimp, ever since you joined this forum there's been a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that you reminded me of someone and now i can finally put this vibe into place.

you sound like all of the characters in this movie:

the same kind of smarmy smart-assery.
    as for what that says about you, alpha alpha alpha as hell.
    Well hkkmr DID say I look like Ellen Page...I think the smart-assery might be more due to spending time with ILE bf and being type 4, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enneagram Institute
    The creativity of Fours can also be employed in sarcastic, withering remarks directed at those who have wounded their "sensitivities."
    I'll keep it in mind, though, as the Alpha tallies seem to be racking up. Thanks.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You confuse me but you're funny.
    Didn't want to confuse but seeing people on here type music, chairs, dogs, cats and so on, I thought I'm going to post an old time classic that was typed such and such.

Are you my conflictor or my supervisor?
    It says LSE but I'm sure you're going to find some people who disagree.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well hkkmr DID say I look like Ellen Page...I think the smart-assery might be more due to spending time with ILE bf and being type 4, though.

I'll keep it in mind, though, as the Alpha tallies seem to be racking up. Thanks.
    Ellen Page is ILE, methinks.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't want to confuse but seeing people on here type music, chairs, dogs, cats and so on, I thought I'm going to post an old time classic that was typed such and such.
    OK. Maybe next thread I'll have people type my car.

It says LSE but I'm sure you're going to find some people who disagree.
    Well I got that question bass-ackward.

Ellen Page is ILE, methinks.
    Could be. I know I'm not ILE, but I could be Alpha I guess. It just seems off in some way.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK. Maybe next thread I'll have people type my car.
    After you type another music vid, that is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After you type another music vid, that is.
    Only if Newborn STAR tries to choke me with Alpha Gaga songs again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast