Thread: I no longer believe in socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I approve. Big time. Socionics works half the time for me, but overall it is far from perfect. And even if it WAS perfect, who would want to live THAT kind of world? I'm out forever, peace.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by gooey View Post
    Socionics works half the time for me
    Lol. The theory of socionics didn't work for you? If calculus only works for you half the time, do you stop believing in calculus? If college doesn't work for you, do you stop believing in college? Have you thought that maybe your propensity to work, study, learn, and master, is the deciding variable between things 'working out for you', and you MAKING them work out for you?

Leaving socionics because it 'didn't work out for you', after being here for 3 months? That's ridiculous. Good luck drifting from distraction to distraction in life, until you find your true passion.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Lol. The theory of socionics didn't work for you? If calculus only works for you half the time, do you stop believing in calculus? If college doesn't work for you, do you stop believing in college? Have you thought that maybe your propensity to work, study, learn, and master, is the deciding variable between things 'working out for you', and you MAKING them work out for you?

Leaving socionics because it 'didn't work out for you', after being here for 3 months? That's ridiculous. Good luck drifting from distraction to distraction in life, until you find your true passion.

context is king
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Much easier to dismiss socionics than to accept responsibility for your relationships.
    Dismissing socionics is accepting responsibility for your relationships. With socionics relationships are defined by the implied mechanistic certitude, without socionics you rely on your natural wits. The same natural wits our forefathers have been using to get laid for generations with great success.

Imho, socionics was never intended to be the be-all end-all predictor of the outcome of human relationships.
    What it was "intended to be" and how people react to it are two different things.

The theory of socionics didn't work for you? If calculus only works for you half the time, do you stop believing in calculus? If college doesn't work for you, do you stop believing in college? Have you thought that maybe your propensity to work, study, learn, and master, is the deciding variable between things 'working out for you', and you MAKING them work out for you?
    Calculus and college are have been tried and tested for bringing someone to a specific objective goal; you get an equation correct or you get a degree.

Calculus and college has worked for millions, it can work for you.

Socionics on the other hand has not had the chance to stand the test of time and it officially doesn't have a specific objective goal; socionics is only a few decades old and typing methods differ between socionists.

You don't know how well socionics has worked for others, it might not work for you.

In terms of credibility and risk putting your faith in socionics is very different from putting your faith in college or calculus.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duals make for better business partners than partners in marriage.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is because you can't type.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I no longer believe in socionics
    Sounds like gamma to me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    It is because you can't type.
    LOL this comment cracked me up. So brief and to the point.

Going through a cycle of paralysis by analysis of personality theories wont find anyone a successful relationship.

Socionics is real. I see the intertype relations playing out every day. Many other factors however contribute to a successful romantic relationship. Timing, geography, opportunity, culture, religion, values, social status etc

Reuben: i can't tell if english isn't your first language or you're an ignorant little fucker.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think socionics is real, but onlY as real as far as abstract theories go. i've seen it in work, but i wouldn't give the intertYpe relations as theY are written out now in descriptions too much credit based on mY irl interactions. when i was in highschool and on vYvanse all the time i was heavilY into socionics, but when i started tripping acid & such i realized it's just a sillY little sYstem in the grand scheme of things. You can try and applY it to Your life but it aint nothing to stress over, which most people seem to be doing here.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah man other people's opinions are a big part of it, too. Not much you can do to change a world that isn't willing to do the work to change itself.