TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    is starting with a laid-back critique a good idea or intimidating Ya think

they need to understand composition better for sure and also how to create Your own ideas instead of ripping off tumblr shit and drawing famous icons over and over. they also lack exposure to what can be considered art, so i feel like make a powerpoint of things theY never thought could be 'drawings' would open them up to more experimentation.

but also the teacher wants me to help the few interested students learn to oil paint. he said he's rustY and a fresh mind would help him out.

its weird being in the south, without being exposed to art that expands beYond purelY what looks nice. i'm excited to open some eYes maYBe. idk seeing potential without the guidance to use it saddens me. i know i can help but i don't want to force them or whatever

i'll probablY just begin voluntarY demonstrations etc. in one end of the art studio. its massive and people can join in or not

still nervous about how to BEGIN
    I'm really curious about the first bolded part, Allie. How do you mean to go about teaching them how to come up with their own ideas? It kind of reminds me of teaching "critical thinking." How do you do that?

As for the second bolded part, yeah that's a rather limiting sentiment. I've gone about asking people in the arts what they consider to be artistic and what makes things artistic to them. Then one day I asked some random person the same sort of question, and he basically replied that anything that can be enjoyed for purely aesthetic reasons can be considered art. :\

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you oaint misery> Oe an elwphant?