Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Well, if I was condescending or shaming, I apologize. I did spend some time directly communicating with ReiLing before when s/he posted about a paper for this class, but there wasn't enough information on offer for me to be of any help.

A lot of my frustration on this topic is related to having worked in book publishing and education, two fields that both happen to be relevant to his posts about this class.

Not everyone has to be deeply into reading; some of the people I'm most fond of are not literary types (and some are extremely so). That said, I see learning to read well and write well as elements of learning to think well.

ReiLing seems, in posting about this class, to feel unconfident in it. That's unfortunate. A teacher ideally will give students the tools they need to feel confident in a given course. But if the teacher does not, it's up to the students to bootstrap. If students in general are disengaged, it probably results from lousy education practices, and from intelligence being defined too narrowly. But students, by the time they are old enough to be self-directed, are ultimately responsible for their learning. Hence my harshness.
Lol i never expected that many responses o.o, quite frankly it seems that I'm trying to find like the "perfect book" for my ISU. I need a book where i could talk about it at least for 10 minutes -plus PaSsioNately . My friends told me that I should avoid books that i hate...and since i don't read books often i can't discern what's "best" or maybe that's just myself doubting lol. Most books i read are "okay" with me but again I haven't read many books, so I forget about my preferences. Btw i say "yet again" because I don't feel too good about posting about "getting help" or whatever from forums, but it's always good since I get one more source of advice from them. I don't know if you can make a connection there but that's what i think when i come barging in for help.

But anyways I liked your post golden, it's a great reminder for me seeing that it's past mid-terms for me and the relaxing part is starting to kick in. When i read your post it really hit the spot lol, started thinking about a lot of things during lunch. Thank you for your post, i appreciate it