Thread: Magic of Duality

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

Then I stumbled on Socionics, and discovered Duality for the first time, and was shocked, absolutely shocked to see that I was following the "playbook" for establishing Dual relations and that having found "my Dual" was a really reasonable explanation of or the unreasonable thing that happened to me.
    How did things play out with your dual initially? i.e. How did you meet, how did the first conversation go, how did he reciprocate, etc? And how did you end up crossing the line from friendship to romantic relations (if that has happened yet?)?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm noticing a trend that certain IEEs read into and overanalyze...everything.

don't get your hopes up prematurely people. let things just happen.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Everyone has some similarities and there is a sense of familiarity in one's parent figures then someone that is totally unknown.

It might just be a measure of familiarity and dealing with known quantities that make it easy for us to accept someone that is like our parents and no deeply rooted desire.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Can you explain this more? I didn't study Freud much, not a favorite. But my mother [ISFJ] was the difficult parent, and controlling, and I married a man[ESFj] even more difficult and controlling than her, and recognized early on that I had "married my mother" rather than my father, who was easier, and kinder. [like my current ISTp]...

I am wondering especially because of my teen son. His Dad is difficult, controlling, manipulative, has a temper - to which my son is exposed, but their visit-based relationship exposes my son to a more postive side. And my son is not an object of wrath like I was. But I worry about the character influence on him.. So wondering what yo mean by "All male interactions are tag by presets of interacts with the father."

My son and I have a good relationship, sometimes difficult when I lay down rules no one else does, particularly moral ones, particularly now that he has a girlfriend. Which is interesting, because no one has noticed how extremely much she is is like me. Not saying anything though! She doesn't like me so much though. I have lost the popularity contest but so what, I was never in it - I am a parent. She much prefers his charming Dad though. I think because he is all complimentary and anything-goes, vs. me who gives them the eye when they lay about in immodest positions, as I seem to be the only adult in their lives who remembers what its like to be a teen...
    Freud is probably one of the most misunderstood psychologists to ever walk the earth. Most of Freud's work revolved about linking the unconscious, the subconscious, and the conscious aspects of the psyche. The complexes Oedipus and Electras were used to denote how the mind repressions it's defining ego structures into the unconscious mind. Often Freudian terms such as "Penis Envy" (which Karen Horney later also defined Womb/Vaginal Envy which really if you want to be technical about was Freud's small penis syndrome on a more repressed level) are extremely misconstrued because it is often taken has women wanting to attach a big giant cock to themselves. This is typically inaccurate unless the unconscious desires get perpetuated to an extremely conscious level. What penis envy really means is women's inability to release, and the jealousy that women have of men's ability to release(via penetration though, that's still much too conscious of an explanation). Females are the penetratee so to speak in sexuality, they are the receptors. They take in, they don't push out. They try to absorb the power of masculinity and feel a sense of spontaneity or decentralized power Women want Men to confide in them, to implant their desire and masculine power and aggression into them... as this gives them a sense of motion as if they are completely powerful. This is why female sexuality often revolves around cuddling and things that raise up the female and make the female feel powerful, loved, and in control. Masculine sexuality is basically reversed(vaginal envy or whatever you want to call it). Men are the penetrator. Men penetrate the female in hopes of finding some secret source of stability. Everytime the male penetrates the female, the male has the need to find some perfect moment of stability... they want to experience the secret, find the perfect experience. That basically sums up womb envy, the desire to lack motion and remain in bliss.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, okay. Wow.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love how I feel in duality; I love everything I do in it, all of my purpose (my Socionics social role) is served efficiently and well; I give so much of my self in it.

I am instrumental in LSE's work; I improve their work in so many ways, by listening to the extraverted chatter/brain storming of ideas and bringing thoughts together in my own mind and making a consistent model of them and picking up on pieces they've missed and emphasizing on the ones that would be more instrumental in the big picture; allowing LSE to bounce ideas off of me; by providing a ton of moral support, where I let them know their work is valuable; I provide a comfortable, non judgmental, and stable place to do their work; everything that a creative person needs to do their work and do it well.

I'm the kind of person who feels better by doing good things for others. So social purpose served.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, and to think I scratched magical out of my TIM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123