Thread: Childlike types are weird

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supportable? As in, they are able to accept the help of others maybe? Not needing it per se, but able to be appreciative of and comfortable with those kinds of contributions?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be interested if there were sample quotes of something an infantile would say to their partner.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I would be interested if there were sample quotes of something an infantile would say to their partner.
    You'd better get examples from all four infantile types and average them or something. Otherwise your data will be seriously skewed.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    You'd better get examples from all four infantile types and average them or something. Otherwise your data will be seriously skewed.
    That's probably some good advice.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    This is quite an old post, but I'm interested in other responses.

Personally it depends on the context of the situation for me. I switch between serious and playful responses as the situation requires. EP infantiles probably lean more toward more consistent lightheartedness.

An example of a serious response I give when I'm interested in someone is to sit and talk with them about their life and their problems. I'm pretty good at that and enjoy it. There aren't really certain things I say, and that's my approach to life -- being responsive rather than proactive, I mean. I prefer to focus my energy on specific problems, (ideally ones that are given to me by other people and the implementation of which I don't feel pressured to deal with myself) rather than to just constantly throw ideas/energy out into the void like IxEs do to see what they can turn up.

When I'm more playful I tend to become much more self-aggrandizing and teasing; the joking image I try to act is one as special and thus worthy to be valued highly -- but it's still a joke, intended to make the other person laugh. For instance, I'll dance exaggeratedly to whatever ambient music might be playing (in a store, for instance); the joke being that I'm a sensual and fun person, but since I'm so bad at it, it provokes laughter. I'll also make jokes encouraging caretaking behavior; for instance if someone says "I wonder what I should do..." I might say something like "You should feed me more of your pancakes." (most of the jokes I make are contextual and it's difficult to just come up with one like this; they're usually funnier!) The idea I think is that the joking does two things: it really is a sincere attempt to make the other person happy/amused, but it really is equally meant as an invitation to take the joke seriously. "You can feed me pancakes, you know. You can believe I'm special and unique and worthy of love..."

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    This is quite an old post, but I'm interested in other responses.

Personally it depends on the context of the situation for me. I switch between serious and playful responses as the situation requires. EP infantiles probably lean more toward more consistent lightheartedness.

An example of a serious response I give when I'm interested in someone is to sit and talk with them about their life and their problems. I'm pretty good at that and enjoy it. There aren't really certain things I say, and that's my approach to life -- being responsive rather than proactive, I mean. I prefer to focus my energy on specific problems, (ideally ones that are given to me by other people and the implementation of which I don't feel pressured to deal with myself) rather than to just constantly throw ideas/energy out into the void like IxEs do to see what they can turn up.

When I'm more playful I tend to become much more self-aggrandizing and teasing; the joking image I try to act is one as special and thus worthy to be valued highly -- but it's still a joke, intended to make the other person laugh. For instance, I'll dance exaggeratedly to whatever ambient music might be playing (in a store, for instance); the joke being that I'm a sensual and fun person, but since I'm so bad at it, it provokes laughter. I'll also make jokes encouraging caretaking behavior; for instance if someone says "I wonder what I should do..." I might say something like "You should feed me more of your pancakes." (most of the jokes I make are contextual and it's difficult to just come up with one like this; they're usually funnier!) The idea I think is that the joking does two things: it really is a sincere attempt to make the other person happy/amused, but it really is equally meant as an invitation to take the joke seriously. "You can feed me pancakes, you know. You can believe I'm special and unique and worthy of love..."
    The description of how you act with your mommy GF's reminds me a lot of my EII bestfriend. Meanwhile i'm more like any Ne lead, I become more clingy and "needy", not in a toxic way, but I do, and Delta ST women seem to want to give me a lot of attention when I do, which is awesome, because I can't control myself, I want it, I need it. I seem to become vulnerable too, which i hate with any other types.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    That's also how I perceive Ne creatives. They 'create' Ne and inject into the environment and it seems kinda acted.

He has put roboTics into Ne
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org