Thread: Interview with the vampire (movie)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interview with the vampire (movie)

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)

I've read the book(s) too, but this is primarily about the movie.

Louis ENFj
    Lestat ESFp
    Claudia ISTj
    Daniel ESTp
    Armand INTp

Note the prevalence of Se-Ni valuers, for the whole "drinking blood" theme, and stuff.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

((I was stupid in 2009))
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 06-27-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: i am stupid

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved this movie.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vampire Lestat

Vampire Lestat (Tom Cruise) from the movie "Interview with the Vampire." I think EIE is a good fit.

Have any of you seen this movie? (there have to be at least a few)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I hated that movie. Stupid and boring as hell.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen of the Damned was WAAYYY better.

Now that's my kind of Vampire Lestat.

Do you think both actors portray him as the same type? If not, what are the differences? I was far more attracted to the Queen of the Damned version. What are others' preferences here?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Queen of the Damned was WAAYYY better.

Now that's my kind of Vampire Lestat.

Do you think both actors portray him as the same type? If not, what are the differences? I was far more attracted to the Queen of the Damned version. What are others' preferences here?
    Well, I forgot a lot about Queen of the Damned, actually plan on watching it again soon. Lestat in the two movies were different, that I can tell. The Townsend one was more musically inclined, and looked younger imo, cooler. I thought Tom Cruise did a good job in IWTV, and added humor to the role, something I don't remember Stuart T. doing. I heard that Queen of the Damned was not faithful to the book however.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The director (Neil Jordan) is my latest obsession.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the weirdest obsession with Interview with The Vampire as a preteen. I read the book multiple times and thought it the greatest work of literature ever crafted, so you can imagine my awe when on browsing through DVDs at Walmart, I found this one without prior knowledge that it was adapted into a movie. Oh God the sheer number of times I watched this movie, to this day I could practically quote the script and play out each scene without refreshing my memory at all lol.

I think Lestat was EIE and Louis perhaps IEI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne Rice mentioned in earlier interviews, that Louis is basically her in novel alterego. I'm pretty sure she is an IEI, and I think that's a good fit for Louis.

She referred to Lestat as someone she aspired to be, someone she wished she could be. This could point at Lestat being an SLE, but I think this simply points at more Se.

Lestat is an EIE, the whole dude is a philosopher clown-prince, completely immersed in the beauty around him, seeking God/meaning. He is charismatic and charming, often impulsive, going where his passion takes him, enjoying the show he puts on as an actor or a rockstar, and all the attention he can get. The danger of his actions is completely thrown out of the window - whether he fights a pack of wolves as a human, decides to change bodies with someone, or becomes a rockstar, and anger thousand years old vampires. He is authentic, and seeks to express himself, even if it costs a lot. He enjoys making a scene, shaking things up, and his physical well-being is never really taken in consideration.

To me this not only translates to a very strong Se preference, but I feel this guy has an Sx placement (Sx/So most probably), and seeks a lot of intensity.

I'm not sure about the rest, as I've read the novels a long time ago, but Claudia definitely seems rational, and LSI could work, I guess.

I remember seeing Armand somewhere as ILI (maybe it was this thread, oops) but I remember his character even less, so for now, this is what I can offer.
    Last edited by Creatrix; 06-28-2021 at 12:02 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this thread as I'm watching this movie.

I was thinking Louis was IEI, he is languid and navel-gazing in an IP way.

I do agree that EIE works for Lestat better than SLE.

I think Claudia may be the SLE in the group. But it's been a while since I've seen it and I haven't gotten to that part yet.

So well see in the edit.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".