"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    What if there is a wonderful relationship with a non-dual available that you miss?
    It also depends on how aware people are of their own reactions and how much experience they have of relationships so they can compare. I have a hard time dating non-duals nowadays because I painfully feel the incompatibility between us, it is uncomfortable and something is lacking. I mean just as a feeling, regardless of what socionics says. I can easily stop thinking about this socionics stuff when dating someone, but I cannot turn off my own awareness, at least not as easily. After all, socioincs predicts my own subjective reactions quite well. In that sense it is not socionics vs. just-follow-your-heart. Because they are often the same.

What if you end up with a dual with whom you have such different views on religion or politics that you just sit and argue all the time, albeit argue very well and effectively due to compatible communication styles?
    This is of course possible. And I know lots of ILEs whom I am not particularly fond of. Duality is just one factor, but an important one. It's not like I am going after each dual I meet. But socionics gives me a good hint of whom I should try to get to know better. And it gives me great hope.

And what if you've mistyped yourself, or the other person you're dating or not dating based on Socionics? It all seems very risky to me.
    Here again, it's not a matter of my feelings vs. socionics. They often go hand in hand. I meet an ILE, I type her ILE and I discover that I like being with her. Very often things go this way. If for some reason I dont' like being with her, then of course I wont date her. I would never date someone just because I think she is my dual, but often when I like to date someone she IS my dual. Socionics just confirms my own feelings again and again.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said to Slacker: I've been dating duals since I was 13. I'm socionically d000000med!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've been dating duals since I was 13. I'm socionically d000000med!
    Your life must be a burning hell of pain.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Seriously, all those duals? What could be worse?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Seriously, all those duals? What could be worse?
    It's like eating a bowl of Lucky Charms with only marshmallow pieces in it. [/americanculture]
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah seriously. Each breakup must be horribly painful...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well, it could have been horrible every single time, but not necessarily. Good and bad relationships can in a rather good way, this depends on how it ends. (I mean without too many quarrels.)
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a type that plays hard to get, it's ESI.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well I'm pretty sure FDG knows I wasn't saying you should avoid dating your dual.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, especially from April to October, it can get pretty hot and sweaty in Italy.

Eh, no, not really. With 2 of them we were really young and break-ups happen for futile reasons at that age (between 13 and 17). Another one was crazy, while one went to live abroad permanently short after we started dating, so in both cases there was some pain but definitely manageable. The last one I'm still dating since 4 yrs half.

If there is a type that plays hard to get, it's ESI.
    What. They're among the only types that directly respond yes or no if you directly ask them out. How can that be hard to get.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, especially from April to October, it can get pretty hot and sweaty in Italy.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Heat kills.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What. They're among the only types that directly respond yes or no if you directly ask them out. How can that be hard to get.
    Because "no!" might also mean: "try harder!"
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    It also depends on how aware people are of their own reactions and how much experience they have of relationships so they can compare. I have a hard time dating non-duals nowadays because I painfully feel the incompatibility between us, it is uncomfortable and something is lacking. I mean just as a feeling, regardless of what socionics says. I can easily stop thinking about this socionics stuff when dating someone, but I cannot turn off my own awareness, at least not as easily. After all, socioincs predicts my own subjective reactions quite well. In that sense it is not socionics vs. just-follow-your-heart. Because they are often the same.

This is of course possible. And I know lots of ILEs whom I am not particularly fond of. Duality is just one factor, but an important one. It's not like I am going after each dual I meet. But socionics gives me a good hint of whom I should try to get to know better. And it gives me great hope.

Here again, it's not a matter of my feelings vs. socionics. They often go hand in hand. I meet an ILE, I type her ILE and I discover that I like being with her. Very often things go this way. If for some reason I dont' like being with her, then of course I wont date her. I would never date someone just because I think she is my dual, but often when I like to date someone she IS my dual. Socionics just confirms my own feelings again and again.

I totally agree. And I have to confirm that from my own experience once you've had a significant positive experience with duality, it's hard to go for something else.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx