Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    It can be answered; an incorrect premise can be followed to a logical conclusion. However, why would we explore a system we already know is false?
    Wow, I didn't realize it, until just now, that I just ignored a system for "work". So I am Te seeking, DS is ignoring implementing or implemented system to do work (Te)? I just essentially ignored your Ti; it went right over my head for Fi.

"Why would you explore a system we already know is false?"

Because I have hopes that the system is not false. I don't have any doubts that it's not true. As soon as you said that something can be done, I was ready to do it so essentially Te determines if something can be done or not and devises the workflow method.

With you, I am looking forward to you telling me that it can be done and how it can be done, but you seem to be reluctant to say how because you have Ti. Ti doesn't answer to HOW it can be done; Ti only determines it can or not be done. It takes really hard effort for Ti types to show how something can be done, but why?

Te also determines what to do at a given time. What task to do. I don't know what to do at any given time because I get into hobbies that take me and my mind up or am required to do certain things on schedule, but other then that I'm always at a complete loss about what to do next and (as painful it is now to admit) I can't get myself up to do the next thing quickly (essentially, if my dual cousin was around, the next thing would be laid out already and she would direct/or demand for me to do that next thing -therefore being very naturally herself); So Ti does not direct/or demand in all situations just in a formal work environment. They get a lot more down time then Te types.

Ti types don't say what one should do, they kinda follow the same things that I do, some things are done like work and regular routine things and the rest of the time, they spend it on as many frevelous activities as I can.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-13-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi dual seeking, all i have to do is think of my LSE mom and it becomes obvious. ok so behaviorally, here's what she does:
    • she pays attention to things like thank you notes
    • she keeps track of whether or not people reciprocate
    • she makes it very important for you to do certain tasks for her, simple tasks, that she could do herself, but it's like she needs you to do them so she knows what the status of the relationship is
    • yet she is very child like about relations. she will keep in touch with ex boyfriends for years. she will keep in touch with friends in general for years, friendships that the other person normally would have let go due to outside circumstances such as movng
    • she sends letters and emails to everyone, giving thought to your last conversation and offering more suggestions and advice
    there are probably more, but i can't think of any. my mother's dual seeking is a big part of her, esp when you see her in action socially. it's real. i'm not sure how my father (EII) helps her since often times he's off in an intuitive cloud, but i think these actions are signs of Fi dual seeking.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Blaze

My LSE cousin doesn't do those things at all. She has a dirty mouth and will say things she doesn't mean expecting me to poke her to tell her to quit it and expecting me to love her no matter what she says or does...no problem. I love her and she can't do anything to piss me off, aside from killing me, which she is not capable of doing.

Write letters and send notes hah...email email email.

She gets extremely emotional when she throws a party and people don't show up just to get back at her, she'll get on the phone with them and cry it out, looking to me to go over hug and kiss her...ahhh what a softy.

I figured it out, she'll do everything for me in exchange for my emotional warmth, forgiveness, stability and security...Fi Dual seeking.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Blaze

My LSE cousin doesn't do those things at all. She has a dirty mouth and will say things she doesn't mean expecting me to poke her to tell her to quit it and expecting me to love her no matter what she says or does...no problem. I love her and she can't do anything to piss me off, aside from killing me, which she is not capable of doing.

She gets extremely emotional when she throws a party and people don't show up just to get back at her, she'll get on the phone with them and cry it out, looking to me to go over hug and kiss her...ahhh what a softy.

I figured it out, she'll do everything for me in exchange for my emotional warmth, forgiveness, stability and security...Fi Dual seeking.

Maritsa:

i bet your LSE cousin is quite a bit younger than my 70 year old mother, who's had a chance to learn some Fi behaviors over time. just because my mother does these things doesn't mean every LSE will do exactly the same thing. on the one hand, socionics allows for flexibility in its interpretations of behaviors and what drives them. on the other hand, it's kind of like astrology....you can make a case for almost anything.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-cinq

Blaze

For the most part, this reminds me of SLE behavior.
    Last edited by cinq; 06-13-2010 at 08:28 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    For the most part, this reminds me of like SLE behavior.
    My cousin is less demanding of politeness and is not into observing confrontational behavior or statics of objects/people; she concentrates on how things are going, work, where it's moving. She mostly keeps an eye out to protect people and to make sure people don't get hurt and such.

She's very good at organizing relaxing activities as opposed to spontaneous road/wild trips, she's very methodical, and yes both are or can be organzied but she's such a demanding stickler for time...time time..hurry up..lol. Everything is planed and she can't really do things at the drop of a dime without thinking about what's going on.

Unlike most SLE, she loves to give things to people to make them feel good, not petty gifts of flowers and such, but really important and nice things, Si focused, good food...really with good attention to Si stuff..

as a creative (2nd) function (ESE and LSE)
    The individual is naturally good at organizing relaxing activities and recreation and making sure people are calm and enjoying themselves, but displays this behavior and skill when he sees a specific need for it rather than doing it automatically, all the time. The individual does not place emphasis on being calm and balanced all the time, as opposed to those with as a leading function.

The individual is attuned to people's tastes and personal preferences and likes to do things for or give things to friends and family members that will cause them to enjoy themselves and gain pleasure. For example, creating a comfortable, clean, and spacious setting in the home, taking them out to do something they enjoy, or finding opportunities and people with whom they can pursue their hobbies.
    -

Creepy-cinq

My cousin is less demanding of politeness and is not into observing confrontational behavior or statics of objects/people; she concentrates on how things are going, work, where it's moving. She mostly keeps an eye out to protect people and to make sure people don't get hurt and such.

She's very good at organizing relaxing activities as opposed to spontaneous road/wild trips, she's very methodical, and yes both are or can be organzied but she's such a demanding stickler for time...time time..hurry up..lol. Everything is planed and she can't really do things at the drop of a dime without thinking about what's going on.
    The issue I have is in your description of your cousin being emotional. Well, in fact, the whole post suggests she can be fairly animated/expressive. My understanding is that LSE's are more subdued. I've lived with an SLE for 17 years. Your cousin reminds me of my husband's behaviour to a higher degree than any LSE's I know.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The issue I have is in your description of your cousin being emotional. Well, in fact, the whole post suggests she can be fairly animated/expressive. My understanding is that LSE's are more subdued. I've lived with an SLE for 17 years. Your cousin reminds me of my husband's behaviour to a higher degree than any LSE's I know.
    People have emotions period; Fe and Fi has nothing to do with emotions it has to do with values, traditions, understandings and morals.
    -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Fi dual seeking, all i have to do is think of my LSE mom and it becomes obvious. ok so behaviorally, here's what she does:
    • she pays attention to things like thank you notes
    • she keeps track of whether or not people reciprocate
    • she makes it very important for you to do certain tasks for her, simple tasks, that she could do herself, but it's like she needs you to do them so she knows what the status of the relationship is
    • yet she is very child like about relations. she will keep in touch with ex boyfriends for years. she will keep in touch with friends in general for years, friendships that the other person normally would have let go due to outside circumstances such as movng
    • she sends letters and emails to everyone, giving thought to your last conversation and offering more suggestions and advice
    there are probably more, but i can't think of any. my mother's dual seeking is a big part of her, esp when you see her in action socially. it's real. i'm not sure how my father (EII) helps her since often times he's off in an intuitive cloud, but i think these actions are signs of Fi dual seeking.
    George H. W. Bush has been typed as an LSE on this forum and, based on a PBS documentary about him, exhibits similar behavior.