Thread: Is there a correlation between the Big Five and Socionic type?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding of the Neuroticism scale is that it deals with our attention to potential consequences. People on the high end to to get paralysis by analysis, so freaked out by what could go wrong that they never act; whereas those on the extreme low end do what they please with no thought to the consequences. I wish I could remember the name of the book I read that in. I really liked it.

Anyway, I'm an base who consistently scores high on the N scale and lower on the A scale. I think the latter happens because I can be very self-centered and opportunistic, as opposed to my being blatantly rude/mean to people.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My results:

Factor I : Extraversion (AKA Surgency)

This trait reflects preference for, and behavior in, social situations. People high in extraversion are energetic and seek out the company of others. Low scorers (introverts) tend to be more quiet and reserved. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (42) is relatively high.

Factor II : Agreeableness (AKA Friendliness)

This trait reflects how we tend to interact with others. People high in agreeableness tend to be trusting, friendly and cooperative. Low scorers tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (15) is relatively low.

Factor III : Conscientiousness (AKA Will or Dependability)

This trait reflects how organized and persistent we are in pursuing our goals. High scorers are methodical, well organized and dutiful. Low scorers are less careful, less focussed and more likely to be distracted from tasks. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (42) is relatively high.

Factor IV : Neuroticism

This trait reflects the tendency to experience negative thoughts and feelings. High scorers are prone to insecurity and emotional distress. Low scorers tend to be more relaxed, less emotional and less prone to distress. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (8) is relatively low.

Factor V : Openness (AKA Culture or Intellect)

This trait reflects 'open-mindedness' and interest in culture. High scorers tend to be imaginative, creative, and to seek out cultural and educational experiences. Low scorers are more down-to-earth, less interested in art and more practical in nature. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (13) is relatively low.

Click to take it.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Low E and N, average everything else for me.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low conscientiousness/will/dependability
    High neuroticism
    Avg everything else
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This trait reflects preference for, and behavior in, social situations. People high in extraversion are energetic and seek out the company of others. Low scorers (introverts) tend to be more quiet and reserved. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (24) is relatively low.

This trait reflects how we tend to interact with others. People high in agreeableness tend to be trusting, friendly and cooperative. Low scorers tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (30) is relatively high.

This trait reflects how organized and persistent we are in pursuing our goals. High scorers are methodical, well organized and dutiful. Low scorers are less careful, less focussed and more likely to be distracted from tasks. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (39) is relatively high.

This trait reflects the tendency to experience negative thoughts and feelings. High scorers are prone to insecurity and emotional distress. Low scorers tend to be more relaxed, less emotional and less prone to distress. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (17) is relatively low.

This trait reflects 'open-mindedness' and interest in culture. High scorers tend to be imaginative, creative, and to seek out cultural and educational experiences. Low scorers are more down-to-earth, less interested in art and more practical in nature. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (34) is relatively high.
    My results fit the general correlation (NOT RULE) that I've seen suggested most:
    Extraversion for I/E
    Agreeableness for F/T
    Conscientiousness for J/P
    Openness for N/S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low on everything except E (avg) and openness (high). I guess I'm really smart and don't worry or something, but I'm not a nice guy

Anyway, we should use this topic to gather data . Then, after enough people respond, we can look at the data, and either declare inconclusiveness or see a possible correlation. Before then, it's fine to speculate, but post your scores!

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This trait reflects preference for, and behavior in, social situations. People high in extraversion are energetic and seek out the company of others. Low scorers (introverts) tend to be more quiet and reserved. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (10) is relatively low.

This trait reflects how we tend to interact with others. People high in agreeableness tend to be trusting, friendly and cooperative. Low scorers tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (26) is about average.

This trait reflects how organized and persistent we are in pursuing our goals. High scorers are methodical, well organized and dutiful. Low scorers are less careful, less focussed and more likely to be distracted from tasks. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (19) is relatively low.

This trait reflects the tendency to experience negative thoughts and feelings. High scorers are prone to insecurity and emotional distress. Low scorers tend to be more relaxed, less emotional and less prone to distress. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (20) is about average.

This trait reflects 'open-mindedness' and interest in culture. High scorers tend to be imaginative, creative, and to seek out cultural and educational experiences. Low scorers are more down-to-earth, less interested in art and more practical in nature. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (27) is about average.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    My results fit the general correlation (NOT RULE) that I've seen suggested most:
    Extraversion for I/E
    Agreeableness for F/T
    Conscientiousness for J/P
    Openness for N/S
    I am INSTFJP.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database