Quote Originally Posted by Diaphanous View Post
Okay, this is semi-related.

I'm hearing a lot about Delta STs not liking to use pet names or say "I love you," or basically display affection in ways that aren't acts of service or quality time.
This is very hard for me! From what I can tell, LSE boyfriend hates the verbal stuff too. And he's usually not a cuddler, whereas I am huge on cuddling. But here's the thing: we're in a long-distance relationship, so everything depends on verbal stuff. He calls me every day, but when I don't get an "I love you" or "I miss you" or SOMETHING, it's kind of depressing.

Recommendations? Do I just need to get over it?
I totally understand you. You should talk to him and I'm sure he'll try to change but on the other hand you may feel he does it superficially then. The point is (theoretically and I'm much better in theory) to gain some self esteem I think. I have the same problem as you do, I feel great when we are together although I'm sometimes baffled because of his lack of expressivness (I think he's looking at me and thinking I'm ugly or sth). How long have you been together? When I'm with my boyfriend I'm constantly cuddling him or kissing and he doesn't mind. He just doesn't start it himself very often.