Ah, me too. It actually sends me running to the hills when someone says it. Like I honestly and truly don't believe them. I have very bad self esteem. When I was married and he told me he loved me, I called bullshit on it all the time to the point i think that probably ruined things a lot....he had to keep telling me over and over and I forced him to show it and would get in fights all the time because I didn't believe him and I even told him to stop saying it but I now know you can't force someone to love you.

I have issues. I hate being the one to initiate physical touch like hand holding because I never know if that person is into me like that. If I know they are, I can easily be all over them but pet names? Hell no. I hate talking about feelings too because I just don't believe them usually.
I love you, jessie wessie

Just kidding, I'll decide if I like you when we finally go out Just wondering, are you interested in realistic Nerf battles, or just solo-shooting?

Hmm... Loud, public declarations would probably embarass me, and same with heavy PDA. I had a friend with whom I was somewhat intimate try to get cuddly in a bookstore once. I was like, "We're in a store; quit it." Looking back, he didn't seem to care about whether he could be spotted doing that sort of thing. I've always felt that I don't need grandiose-but-empty promises or sappy poems penned to me. I don't know how I would react to one; maybe I'd be flattered and embarassed. My expressions of love have typically been to the point. I did once tell someone I would always love him, a promise I later came to regret, but that's about as dramatic as I have gotten; and frankly, he was the closest friend I've ever had (speaking of kindred), and the feelings weren't romantic. But I digress.Edit: I did write him a poem once, but it had more to do with my spiritual and emotional journey + his effect on it than "I looove this person and would die without him".
Ryene, I don't know if you identify with me, but my ideal partner is someone who will be there for me in late nights, who believes in me even though no one else does, who tries to understand me before she tries to correct me, who loves me with presence, and actions, and soul...and not just words, who listens to advice, but thinks about it before applying, who is wiser than me, because women generally are, who loves her body more than I do (I do not respect women who do not intend to treat their bodies well), who trusts in my love for her even when I am not present, or when I do not speak, or when I am shrouded and lost in myself and in darkness and fear and love is all that can pull me out.

I don't mean to be dramatic, but I mean to express, to be understood, and maybe understand you, or anyone else who finds this resonant with their own desires and values.

I don't have cookies, but I have bread and egg and spice. I don't have sugary drinks but I have water, and fresh fruits.