Thread: Fi PoLR - Misunderstood

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think that it would have something to do with either subtypes, or learned behavior.

I see ENFps regularly use EITHER Se role or Te (6th) whatever it's called.

In order for an enfp to use Se role, they have to inhibit/suppress their base function. This is akin to forcing something aside in order to use something else.

An enfp can also use Ti. To do so, the enfp would suppress their Fi and learn to use the Ti. This feels weird though, as if one is trying to paddle up a creek without a paddle.

In order for an enfp to use Te whatever (6th), there is no suppression occuring, they just learn how to utilize their Te to complement their Fi.

In essence, I think each type has certain options the individuals may or may not prefer.
    1. inhibit F1 to use F3
    2. inhibit F2 to use F4
    3. complement F1 w/ F5
    4. complement F2 with F6

I believe that personal experiences helps a type determine which methods they'll choose.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I once was talking to a woman with kids from 4 different fathers about my romantic plans when I said, "... but I don't want to be one of those women who has kids from a bunch of dudes." Lol.
    That's probably my worst example, but it's not the only one. I get the broader point about accidental insensitivity in general, but I'm allegedly ESI, so if u mess up you're not alone ~

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I once was talking to a woman with kids from 4 different fathers about my romantic plans when I said, "... but I don't want to be one of those women who has kids from a bunch of dudes." Lol.
    That's probably my worst example, but it's not the only one. I get the broader point about accidental insensitivity in general, but I'm allegedly ESI, so if u mess up you're not alone ~
    LOL

Yeah I understand that other people can mess up too. I think there’s a lot that’s misunderstood about PoLR in general. It’s supposed to be a point of sensitivity for the individual. In reality though everyone messes up sometimes. I’m supposed to be Se but I’ve been a fat, weak victim before. Being sensitive and insecure can also lead people to work hard to make up for it (what usually happens with the HA) and it can lead them to end up becoming gifted in the area they used to feel weak in.