Quote Originally Posted by FDG
(By the way, I do exactly the same with the "fake politness" to strangers. I personally think that nobody can GENUINELY like somebody without knowing him/her)
Of course, everyone does the fake politeness to strangers. But I think Kraus meant something else:

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
It's sort of a pseudo-feeling; I can trick myself into believing that I care and feel the same thing that I'm expressing about whatever I'm doing the to, but that soon passes. This often times takes place when I'm trying to be polite, during social situations and such. I go home sort of empty at times, because of all that faking.
The key thing is the "trick myself into believing that I care and feel". That is precisely how Jung describes Extraverted Feeling. Types who have preference of over will be polite in their behavior, but never trick themselves that they are feeling something they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
There is is. I hope that this post can help people realize that having a poor DOES NOT make one socially inept. I'm not what one would consider socially retarded, and most other SLEs aren't either, despite the PoLR!
People who think that simply do not understand the functions. The PoLR is precisely how you described it.

Social ineptness is more related to PoLR or perhaps as FDG said, but INFjs have PoLR and are hardly socially inept.

Quote Originally Posted by pesto
Kraus' post made me think about this too, how phoniness is what's most annoying to me (in any type) and how this has had me wonder about the INFj-ESTj duality aswell. Maybe I need to meet more ESTjs, but I wouldn't trust any of those I know to any large extent.
ESTjs have as dual-seeking and as role function, just like ENTjs. So they also prefer to and it's the sincere from INFjs that they need. So if you think that ESTjs are particularly phony, I have to conclude that those "ESTjs" are really ISTjs or ESTps.