Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi PoLR

Is being paranoid that people are working against you (or that a group has some secret agenda against you, etc.) a Fi PoLR trait?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or some sort of intuitive polr...

I get paranoid like that, but more in matters of social hierarchy. I feel as though people more inclined to form groups around themselves are working to get me excluded from their groups. Mainly because it's happened a lot. Which is why I get annoyed with a lot of ExFx's. Bitches.

It may feel awesome when you are in their group though, don't be fooled. You think you're accepted, then you do one thing that goes agaisnt their idea of "cool" and you have a knife protruding from your back-side.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, a Fi type would be perceptive of this. A Fi PoLR type may think such is the case when it is not (that's the theory I'm asking about at least).
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err, I don't think only Fi PoLR people feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Clover

I get paranoid like that, but more in matters of social hierarchy. I feel as though people more inclined to form groups around themselves are working to get me excluded from their groups. Mainly because it's happened a lot. Which is why I get annoyed with a lot of ExFx's. Bitches.

It may feel awesome when you are in their group though, don't be fooled. You think you're accepted, then you do one thing that goes agaisnt their idea of "cool" and you have a knife protruding from your back-side.
    I've seen that happen a lot with ESFjs
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huijklljk
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    yes

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think what you described is greatly indicative of a PoLR and I say this because many ISTjs and ISFjs I know all have that paranoia about people talking behind their backs, making wrong assumptions about them.. etc. I'm not too sure why this is related to though, but it seems to be. Maybe it's because there are so many POSSIBILITIES for the reasons why people say/do things.. in connection with the strong need for that might screw them up if they don't recieve enough validation of others' emotions?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fi PoLR

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Is being paranoid that people are working against you (or that a group has some secret agenda against you, etc.) a Fi PoLR trait?
    Its much easier for conspiracies to exist in the mind than in reality. If people seem to be working against you or refusing cooperation then the most likely explanation is that they have the same individual response to you rather than conspiring. Someone with weak or PoLR can induce resentment due to simple lack of consideration. Often they will just simply step into a room and expect that others will adopt their agenda regardless of what they were up to just a minute ago (i've seen this mainly with ENTP & ENTJ).
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the question is more so about being sensitive to people disliking you... Would a Fi PoLR person be likely to be overly concerned in worrying that people don't like him/her? (and actually make people dislike him/her as a result? )
    SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer to Joy: ..YES ...and being unable to know the right psychological distance between you and your acquitances
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So an ExTp might be overly defensive in response to people that they worry dislike them?
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it can go either way.

My ENTp brother doesn't seem to be concerned about that at all. I never heard him say anything about people liking him or not. An ESFp girl who dated one of his friends - an ESTp - once told me that many people couldn't stand my brother, but he seemed oblivious to it. I really don't know what would be his reaction if someone told him, "you know, a lot of those people can't stand you". He's intellectually very self-confident, even arrogant, so I guess he'd just think that they're idiots.

A former ESTp work colleague seemed to take for granted that everyone had to love a guy with his personality, he always assumed that everyone liked him more than me. But if it was pointed out to him that some people deeply disliked him, especially due to something specific, he'd go very quiet.

As for being "overly concerned and therefore make others dislike him" - I could imagine that happening, FWIW.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess your brother is an ENTp logical subtype
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    So I guess your brother is an ENTp logical subtype
    Yes that's what I think.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am EXTREMELY concerned with people disliking me, ONLY if the reason does not make sense to me. Or is invalid.

Give me a valid reason and I'll come to terms with it. I give everyone a chance and I expect the same from everyone else...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes you wonder if PoLR is the biggest handicap of all possible functions that can occupy that spot. If you are ENTP then really you just expect that people will be decent. You adopt that assumption as a given and seek to have have fun with the rest assuming that others share your sense of adventure. You expect others will understand that and not to take things too personally. Trouble is people are far more complex than that, not everyone is interested in the sort of "wacky" style of the ENTP. When you combine that with the genral nature of many people to seek advantage by such means as masking their motives, manipulating emotions or simply by being serious/conservative and and expect everyone to play by the book you begin to see how awkward PoLR can be. Suddenly lack of perception of the true status of a realationship can be seen in a very negative light, even to the extent of being "evil" .... and yet in reality there are few types that would stand by a friend in real need as much as an ENTP (or an ESTP i am given to understand)
    ILE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Makes you wonder if PoLR is the biggest handicap of all possible functions that can occupy that spot. If you are ENTP then really you just expect that people will be decent. You adopt that assumption as a given and seek to have have fun with the rest assuming that others share your sense of adventure. You expect others will understand that and not to take things too personally. Trouble is people are far more complex than that, not everyone is interested in the sort of "wacky" style of the ENTP. When you combine that with the genral nature of many people to seek advantage by such means as masking their motives, manipulating emotions or simply by being serious/conservative and and expect everyone to play by the book you begin to see how awkward PoLR can be. Suddenly lack of perception of the true status of a realationship can be seen in a very negative light, even to the extent of being "evil" .... and yet in reality there are few types that would stand by a friend in real need as much as an ENTP (or an ESTP i am given to understand)
    Just hang out with people that don't care. There are a lot that don't care, and even more that even WELCOME that kind of stuff!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    When you combine that with the genral nature of many people to seek advantage by such means as masking their motives, manipulating emotions or simply by being serious/conservative and and expect everyone to play by the book you begin to see how awkward PoLR can be.
    i know an ENTp woman pursuing the same degree as i do. we've worked together in some courses and i often see a girl (whose type is unbeknownst to me) hanging around her, more like clinging to her actually (you'll know shortly). since i've also done group work together with this girl, i know that it's difficult to count on her to do her part or to be there when things go bad. others had to take on extra work because she would disappear when the deadline was near and when her input was urgently needed. if it weren't for the presence of others, i can see the ENTp ending up doing everything. and that was exactly what happened to her in other courses (where she continued teaming up with this girl). this woman had to run up and down taking care of everything and even got an assignment stolen by the girl once. i am aware of why this girl is always sticking to this ENTp woman, even enrolling in the same courses, but the woman isn't aware of it. the way i see it, she's continually being taken advantage of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Just hang out with people that don't care. There are a lot that don't care, and even more that even WELCOME that kind of stuff!
    Sure there are :-) ... with weak sometimes its easy to overlook them for an ENTP. We kinda have a free for all type mentality where "who" counts for little. Knowing socionics helps enormously ... so things are a little esier than they used to be
    ILE