Thread: Fi PoLR - Misunderstood

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps if you yourself do not know how your internal state relates to something said, you can’t realize it’s effect on others’ internal states?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    Perhaps if you yourself do not know how your internal state relates to something said, you can’t realize it’s effect on others’ internal states?
    I think that’s very close. It’s probably more like what’s said/done before it is executed (due to lower Ni or Si—less experience there as well).

I think not knowing how one’s internal state *relates* to what is said would be more like Fe polr (although, Fi polr and other logical types more likely wouldn’t be that great at it either). Ep types who are good at seeing external static relationships should be able to see how those things relate more easily if they are made conscious of them.

I think it has to do with lowered consciousness about one’s own, and others’ internal states (lower Ni, Si, Fi) in a more general sense. Not knowing how things relate is definitely one part of it, but a minor one IMO in the grand scheme of things. Basically we are more likely to be callous or unaware towards our own and others’ internal states, and if they are being manipulated or altered subconsciously by our environment we can’t control it as much, so we are more likely to just regurgitate bullshit without even thinking about it. I do think that Fi polr represents a person who has learned or decided, and/or was made to become callous towards themselves and by extension others, for various possible reasons. It doesn’t mean that we can’t, but we are extremely adverse to accessing that deeper part of ourselves for whatever reason, because it’s like a minefield at times full of AIDS-soaked shards of glass. Maybe I’ll post more later if I have more thoughts.

@Heretic 007 @mu4 Please inform if you have any feedback.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I think that’s very close. It’s probably more like what’s said/done before it is executed (due to lower Ni or Si—less experience there as well).

I think not knowing how one’s internal state *relates* to what is said would be more like Fe polr (although, Fi polr and other logical types more likely wouldn’t be that great at it either). Ep types who are good at seeing external static relationships should be able to see how those things relate more easily if they are made conscious of them.

I think it has to do with lowered consciousness about one’s own, and others’ internal states (lower Ni, Si, Fi) in a more general sense. Not knowing how things relate is definitely one part of it, but a minor one IMO in the grand scheme of things. Basically we are more likely to be callous or unaware towards our own and others’ internal states, and if they are being manipulated or altered subconsciously by our environment we can’t control it as much, so we are more likely to just regurgitate bullshit without even thinking about it. I do think that Fi polr represents a person who has learned or decided, and/or was made to become callous towards themselves and by extension others, for various possible reasons. It doesn’t mean that we can’t, but we are extremely adverse to accessing that deeper part of ourselves for whatever reason, because it’s like a minefield at times full of AIDS-soaked shards of glass. Maybe I’ll post more later if I have more thoughts.

@Heretic 007 @mu4 Please inform if you have any feedback.
    I think I'm more on the emotional monitoring spectrum, but I never really know what to do about it nor my own internal state. What I do is I test people by pushing their buttons and ignoring their boundaries, usually it's playful but if it's someone I see as untrustworthy or dangerous, it's more as a way to ramp up pressure and make them show their true colors and emotions. I'm pretty disconnected from my own feelings when I do this and it often leads me into relationship troubles. I do this a lot more at a close psychological distance than at a far one, I think the stakes are higher and I get triggered.