Thread: Fi PoLR - Misunderstood

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I post in here already? Fi PoLR. Oh you mean that thing where ppl bully you and can't see what's wrong with that? AND expect you to still like them, And get mad when you show favorable treatment to other people over them, because of Fe HA or whatever the hell is going on. "Hey I said that thing about your dead mother, don't be a pussy bro, I was just fking around, we're still bros right?" Oh yea, fuck that shit.

And Fi PoLR can act all day like they are immune to getting offended, until you say the thing that offends them, then oh my god you're being mean to the mean person. And you are supposed to care because...?Because you're an ethical type and are not normally mean, so this isn't everyday behavior for you, they can be like that but you shouldn't be. It's normal when they're an asshole but weird when you are. gtfoh with that nonsense!

I'm fighting the urge to apologize and leave disclaimers for all the exceptions but you know the drill.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 01-10-2020 at 07:55 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Did I post in here already? Fi PoLR. Oh you mean that thing where ppl bully you and can't see what's wrong with that? AND expect you to still like them, And get mad when you show favorable treatment to other people over them, because of Fe HA or whatever the hell is going on. "Hey I said that thing about your dead mother, don't be a pussy bro, I was just fking around, we're still bros right?" Oh yea, fuck that shit.

And Fi PoLR can act all day like they are immune to getting offended, until you say the thing that offends them, then oh my god you're being mean to the mean person. And you are supposed to care because...because you're an ethical type and are not normally mean, so this isn't everyday behavior for you, they can be like that but you shouldn't be. It's normal when they're an asshole but weird when you are. gtfoh.

I'm fighting the urge to apologize and leave disclaimers for all the exceptions but you know the drill.
    That just sounds like a stupid asshole more than Fi Polr. But I guess Fi polr in an extreme can look like that.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    All ExTx types can be the way you describe...
    I haven't experienced this with all EXTXs. EXTjs have a different flavor which is much less trolly than what I described. Te is a blunt force, Ti is internal bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Actually it even sounds like you're describing a EXFX in this. Fi polr don't really apologize.

The reality is XLE's are very protective of people, the whole fucking description of XLE is that they go out of their way to protect people they care about.

Also the second part describes victim mentality, which is a totally different dynamic than the straight forward way Fi polrs operate.

It's also much more comfortable for EXFX to act this way because they feel confidant in their ability to manage relations vs Fi polrs. Fi polr types tend have serious problems letting loose, and they are much more reserved unless they're trying to accomplish something.
    You're right, they don't apologize, as for the rest I'm sorry but no, I'm talking about Fi PoLR.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    That just sounds like a stupid asshole more than Fi Polr. But I guess Fi polr in an extreme can look like that.
    Fi PoLR 7w8 does sound like a stupid asshole doesn't it? Can't blame them really, it's the way they are, just if you value Fi get far tf away from them.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 01-10-2020 at 08:00 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi PoLR 7w8 does sound like a stupid asshole doesn't it? Can't blame them really, it's the way they are, just if you value Fi get far tf away from them.
    I guess if left unhealthy. I think a healthy person of any type would be rather pleasant to deal with or be around. Or at least one that takes time to try and be healthy.

You can blame someone that acts like that. Just because they have Fi Polr doesn't excuse them to treat people like shit and with double standards. A healthy individual with Fi polr will try to work on these faults.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I guess if left unhealthy. I think a healthy person of any type would be rather pleasant to deal with or be around. Or at least one that takes time to try and be healthy.

You can blame someone that acts like that. Just because they have Fi Polr doesn't excuse them to treat people like shit and with double standards. A healthy individual with Fi polr will try to work on these faults.
    Healthy for different people with different ways of thinking looks and is different. Fi PoLR 7w8 likes to play very rough, it's not unhealthy for them to do so, it's just not everybody is like that, calibration is required to know how rough you can play with someone, but when left to their natural state they find it refreshing when they meet someone they can play rough with, so I don't think it's unhealthy. The double standard thing is not conscious, they play rough but they consider it still playing so they don't expect ppl to take it seriously and actually stop liking them. It's not always the Fi PoLR person that has the double standard either, it could be anybody that see's you behaving different that you normally do, "The nice person is being mean? what?". Either way, since the PoLR is a blindspot it can't be expected that the person will actively work on the "fault". It's not doomed of course, it's just gonna take alot of you banging your head against a wall until you realize it's even there.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healthy for different people with different ways of thinking looks and is different. Fi PoLR 7w8 likes to play very rough, it's not unhealthy for them to do so, it's just not everybody is like that, calibration is required to know how rough you can play with someone, but when left to their natural state they find it refreshing when they meet someone they can play rough with, so I don't think it's unhealthy. The double standard thing is not conscious, they play rough but they consider it still playing so they don't expect ppl to take it seriously and actually stop liking them. It's not always the Fi PoLR person that has the double standard either, it could be anybody that see's you behaving different that you normally do, "The nice person is being mean? what?". Either way, since the PoLR is a blindspot it can't be expected that the person will actively work on the "fault". It's not doomed of course, it's just gonna take alot of you banging your head against a wall until you realize it's even there.
    I think if they are gonna talk about your dead mother and say “don’t be a pussy bro, we’re still bros right” and be really confident about it, and 7w8-like like that, then it’s far more likely that they’re ExFx as @mu4 said. That would imply a person who is confident about emotions and relationships, and Fi polr is not.

Maybe I could see some people like @Number 9 large (no offense lol), or 10 year olds, acting like that at first, but if you really got hurt and you guys were bros then he’d be really embarrassed and apologize, or if you weren’t that close he’d just give up over you being offended and leave, embarrassed and weirded out I bet. But the key point here is that even really “bro” Fi polrs actually aren’t confident relationally, and if you criticize them or give them reasons to doubt themselves in this area then 9 times out of 10 they will buckle. That’s the point of PoLR.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Fi PoLR can act all day like they are immune to getting offended, until you say the thing that offends them, then oh my god you're being mean to the mean person. And you are supposed to care because...because you're an ethical type and are not normally mean, so this isn't everyday behavior for you, they can be like that but you shouldn't be. It's normal when they're an asshole but weird when you are. gtfoh.

All ExTx types can be the way you describe...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Actually it even sounds like you're describing a EXFX in this. Fi polr don't really apologize.

The reality is XLE's are very protective of people, the whole fucking description of XLE is that they go out of their way to protect people they care about.

Also the second part describes victim mentality, which is a totally different dynamic than the straight forward way Fi polrs operate.

It's also much more comfortable for EXFX to act this way because they feel confidant in their ability to manage relations vs Fi polrs. Fi polr types tend have serious problems letting loose, and they are much more reserved unless they're trying to accomplish something.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Lord Pixel; 01-10-2020 at 08:06 AM.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Fi PoLR can act all day like they are immune to getting offended, until you say the thing that offends them, then oh my god you're being mean to the mean person. And you are supposed to care because...?Because you're an ethical type and are not normally mean, so this isn't everyday behavior for you, they can be like that but you shouldn't be. It's normal when they're an asshole but weird when you are. gtfoh with that nonsense!

This is harsh but I can understand where you’re coming from. Sles can definitely bully people without even realising it. I had a teacher recently who would consistently make jokes about me and about an sle student in class. He was relentless with it. Anytime we would do or say something he would have a remark to make about it. We responded well to it so it wasn’t a problem but other students could have taken offense to it and it would have been a whole other story. The thing is that it didn’t come from a bad place at all. It was very obvious that we were his favorite students actually.

Of course Sles are capable of being mean spirited but most of the time they are just being rude. By that I mean that their behaviour isn’t necessarily coming from a bad place, they just suck at delivering their thoughts with consideration for the emotional well-being of others.

Also I think that not being comfortable with expressing their own emotions can make them more agressive. Kind of like how toxic masculinity works. Anger seems to be only emotion that doesn’t cause shame in people who think of themselves as unemotional so a lot of their statements (and sometimes actions) end up being tinted with agressivity.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    if Jerry told you that he likes you,
    if Jerry told you he likes Abbie less than you,
    if Jerry spends more time with Abbie than with you, (and it's accepted that he spends more time with people he likes)
    then Jerry might actually like Abbie more than you.

You would then have a "rationale" to feel the feeling "jealousy"("wtf he even lied to me!"), and call out Jerry on his behaviour.

These mental processes are mostly absent in Fi-Polrs(and Fi-inf too sometimes).
    Well this representation already forms easy classification scheme. This information bounces back from my ear canals if it ever tries to enter in it and if it does it usually gets sorted to trash bin alongside with commercials and similar stuff. The problem here is merely reception, decoding and motivation.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Fe is then about hurling insults at each other just to get some kind of "high" instead of being emotionally receptive and try to create a positive atmosphere.
    The best way I can explain this is that with their Fe they like to create emotional explosions. Press all the buttons and see the sparks fly. My guess is for Fe valuers these explosions are exciting, like fireworks, they can experience such a wide range of emotions. While for Fi valuers, or at least Fi leading these explosions are infact explosions, inside, creating a mess, you experience deep emotions you have no control over and it's uncomfortable, and they like to make the mess and watch you deal with it. So it's very unhealthy to be around for leading Fi, because to one person it's a game and to the other it's not.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The best way I can explain this is that with their Fe they like to create emotional explosions. Press all the buttons and see the sparks fly. My guess is for Fe valuers these explosions are exciting, like fireworks, they can experience such a wide range of emotions. While for Fi valuers, or at least Fi leading these explosions are infact explosions, inside, creating a mess, you experience deep emotions you have no control over and it's uncomfortable, and they like to make the mess and watch you deal with it. So it's very unhealthy to be around for leading Fi, because to one person it's a game and to the other it's not.
    Lol this is the reason I can not see you as EII. They expect those explosions from their duals because they can not get play it out easily. It is like EII's orchestrate LSE's do the Fe role for them - being regulators for highs and lows.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Lol this is the reason I can not see you as EII. They expect those explosions from their duals because they can not get play it out easily. It is like EII's orchestrate LSE's do the Fe role for them - being regulators for highs and lows.
    LSE doesn't say things to get over the top Fe reactions and press people's buttons, they are not hungry after emotional reactions and getting pleasure from causing them. LSE uses Fe as a social lubricant, being polite, fake smiles and all that because you have to.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 01-30-2020 at 03:00 AM.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE doesn't say things to get over the top Fe reactions and press people's buttons, they are not hungry after emotional reactions and get pleasure from causing them. LSE uses Fe as a social lubricant, being polite, fake smiles and all that because you have to.
    Exactly. Fi valuers see feelings as subjective and personal--they are not public property and casually bandied about. Therefore, we don’t like to have our deeply held sentiments explicitly poked and prodded. That’s not a part of our cognitive expectations, which is why we might react rather negatively when Fe valuers try to stir and move us in that area. The only judgments we preferably and casually/routinely “extrovert” involve our thinking [Te]. It is not customary for Fi valuers to directly speak in/communicate feelings, e.g, “I feel sad “ or say something to make someone feel sad. We often speak in objective facts [Te] and use Fi to read between the lines, so to speak.

An Fi valuer could be telling me about how sick their elderly parent is and the difficult things they are doing to care for them but if I feel sad, it’s because I’ve put myself in their shoes and imagined how I would feel under those circumstances OR perhaps I did go through that so Fi muscle memory kicks in. We don’t try to manifest and rouse shared communal feeling [Fe], we allow each other to subjectively/authentically react to the objective information. And when Fi valuers do directly speak to our feelings (rather than express/embody them via Ne or Se), it’s usually done in some sort of “safe space” or when we’ve been pushed to the brink and they erupt.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE doesn't say things to get over the top Fe reactions and press people's buttons, they are not hungry after emotional reactions and get pleasure from causing them. LSE uses Fe as a social lubricant, being polite, fake smiles and all that because you have to.
    Yes, they are programmable robots controlled by EII...

BTW Fe PoLR: ILI gets depressed by emotional pressure (but they accept Trumpish trolly Fe not assigned particular cases) and SLI can not trust relationship with people who have real expressions (but they do accept IEE chirpy fakeness).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type