Thread: Absurd

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted LSE, but it was painful for me to vote that. I don't yet feel confident about my ability to type people online, and sometimes not in person either. So I like learning to do it on my own without help. So, I like to type people as though no one has ever typed them before, like I have nobody else's opinions, and nobody else's suggestions, to help me, and I try to see their type on my own by reading their writings.

I haven't yet learned how to recognize the Te-Si in your writing. I can read your writing, and I can read the definition of Te, and I can't match the two of them up.

I usually don't post an official opinion of anybody's type unless I'm having one of my 'attacks,' and usually when that happens, more often than not, I'll type them as something completely random and off-the-wall which I myself wouldn't even agree with during a non-manic moment. (Hint: Everyone's an SF.)

So, after that Wall Of Disclaimers, I'll just agree with everyone else saying LSE for now. The EIIs would recognize you best, and they like you.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Although both LSE and SLI seem plausible [1], SLI gets often confirmed. Sometimes details about you actually dismiss LSE entirely.

One thing is what you recently stated, that what's said between you and someone else should necessarily remain between the two. And we both know it was not merely a contextual wish. But in my experience, LSEs are very open, some boast that they have nothing to hide, and often "their mouth talks without themselves". Two people I know (one is ILI and the other is my girlfriend, SEI) complain that their LSE parents [2] are too indiscreet. SLIs IME are very secretive regarding their personal life, and consider that no one should say anything personal about them, although they themselves can't specify where this limit is.

IME, not disclosing information about someone is an opt-in to LSEs: one has to tell them explicitly what to keep secret when the case. They find absurd to accuse someone for disclosing some information they were not notified it's sensitive, communication by default has to flow. Besides, sometimes negligence brings a furtunate outcome that they (the LSEs) acknowledge, so the means become irrelevant to them - and I'm talking from my actual experience. [3] For SLIs instead, disclosing it is an opt-out, by default one should not say anything and they're at least "annoyed" by indiscreet people, they stick to the rule and even when something good happens, they feel threatened [4], the actual outcome is irrelevant to them.
    ---

[1] - especially since I don't know some helpful details about how are you IRL, for instance are you a time waster or a busy man?
    [2] - I have good reasons for which they're not Fe-Base or Extroverted Irrationals.
    [3] - these things one who understands the types should know a priori anyway, for the record. How productive would Stirlitz or Sherlock be if they entangled themselves into such details or relied on others to keep their secrecy .
    [4] - their principles of life are more important than usefulness.
    I actually agree with almost all of this and I think it is insightful and accurate. I've seen what you're talking about, in real life, and it also describes me somewhat. I also think an LSE can be more private sometimes, and that a SLI can be less secretive sometimes. I myself am often anti-secretive, and it is the direct result of the things that are happening to me, which have caused me to do things like write a big blog and then show the whole world where it is, and to give my coworker a link to my Twitter account which has a link to my blog, and then, when my other coworkers started quoting from my blog, I had to just sort of endure it. I didn't really want to do that in the beginning. And I did, actually, feel as though my principles were violated, and that it was done to 'get results' by showing the world all about the things happening to me. So yeah, this whole thing is pretty accurate almost word-for-word.

Off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What the fuck? Stick to topic.
    But the privateness in Absurd, I see as bitterness. Like being closed because untrustworthy people have hurt him badly, not because he really ever wanted to be private.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Sounds silly, but if you like so much to drink beer, I lean towards irrationality. Most beer drinkers are irrationals (Socionics wise). What is a beer drinker IMO? Someone who can tell apart different brands/types of beers.
    Besides, Si egos CAN tell apart between flavours and Se CLAIM they tell apart between flavours, although I strongly suspect that they do not.
    LSEs smile when critizizing someone, but you said that you barely smile, so...
    And you must be te ego since I don't remember you writing "lol", which is sth Te egos don't usually write IMO.
    ESIs are always worried about sth, and I haven't noticed you are.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One thing is what you recently stated, that what's said between you and someone else should necessarily remain between the two. And we both know it was not merely a contextual wish.
    I'm a one-on-one guy. I meant intimate as in personal between me and someone else, who, I actually consider a friend to begin with, that is I know I can count on her/him no matter what. This person can expect the same from me, for I don't toss my words on wind. I think you're thinking I am very friendly and tolerant but I'm not, I do not run around telling people I don't know nor have anything in common with how fantastic and irreplaceable I am. A guy that keeps his mouth shut is stand up guy.

LSEs are very open, some boast that they have nothing to hide, and often "their mouth talks without themselves".
    See above.

Two people I know (one is ILI and the other is my girlfriend, SEI) complain that their LSE parents [2] are too indiscreet. SLIs IME are very secretive regarding their personal life, and consider that no one should say anything personal about them, although they themselves can't specify where this limit is.
    I don't have a problem with people saying personal things about me, as long I know these people and know it is genuine. Not that I think some completely different other person won't be as genuine as, say, someone I knew for a really long time but sadly(?), priority is given to the former. Well, maybe it is wrong is some cases, but I have to make sure. I run a tight ship.

They find absurd to accuse someone for disclosing some information they were not notified it's sensitive, communication by default has to flow.
    I think you're talking about yourself now and that thread in which you posted some pic. I got a bit pissed, for it was a thread started by someone I do respect and like. I just didn't want it to get derailed. Sue me.

[1] - especially since I don't know some helpful details about how are you IRL, for instance are you a time waster or a busy man?
    Good thing you didn't ask if I'm a drinker but to answer you question I don't think I am a time waster, I mean, I have things to occupy myself with, so I don't lay in bed weekends staring at the ceiling and thinking what to do, I would go crazy.

[2] - I have good reasons for which they're not Fe-Base or Extroverted Irrationals.
    Haha, I didn't start this thread not knowing my type or something, but thanks anyway.

[3] - these things one who understands the types should know a priori anyway, for the record. How productive would Stirlitz or Sherlock be if they entangled themselves into such details or relied on others to keep their secrecy .
    I don't know Stirlitz nor Sherlock. I can't answer this.

[4] - their principles of life are more important than usefulness.
    I see(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I voted LSE, but it was painful for me to vote that.
    Looks like you like pain.

I usually don't post an official opinion of anybody's type unless I'm having one of my 'attacks,' and usually when that happens, more often than not, I'll type them as something completely random and off-the-wall which I myself wouldn't even agree with during a non-manic moment. (Hint: Everyone's an SF.)
    You're not alone in that.

But the privateness in Absurd, I see as bitterness. Like being closed because untrustworthy people have hurt him badly, not because he really ever wanted to be private.
    It's not bitterness, I just get tired of dealing with cuckoos and will bite back. I mean, I realise I was wrong and it is a bit hard for me to get over it, so yea makes sense what you wrote.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're talking about yourself now and that thread in which you posted some pic. I got a bit pissed, for it was a thread started by someone I do respect and like. I just didn't want it to get derailed. Sue me.
    I don't remember that thread, but this is not restricted to it anyway. It is a consequence of your late statement, former incidents just showed thay they're recurrent - in your personality. Obviously, if you expect someone not to disclose anything that was discussed between you and him/her, if he talks about it with someone else, you will consider him guilty of breaking this "common-sense secrecy" (or whatever you call it). That is what I was talking about, not about making public statements.
    Good thing you didn't ask if I'm a drinker but to answer you question I don't think I am a time waster, I mean, I have things to occupy myself with, so I don't lay in bed weekends staring at the ceiling and thinking what to do, I would go crazy.
    But you're a rather leisurely than a goal-oriented person, right? Rather someone who randomly experiments different things, who has no pronounced line to follow?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't remember that thread, but this is not restricted to it anyway. It is a consequence of your late statement, former incidents just showed thay they're recurrent - in your personality. Obviously, if you expect someone not to disclose anything that was discussed between you and him/her, if he talks about it with someone else, you will consider him guilty of breaking this "common-sense secrecy" (or whatever you call it). That is what I was talking about, not about making public statements.
    I don't remember saying it, hell maybe I did, must of been drunk or something. Anyway, I think there is somewhat of a barrier in English, between you and me. I don't force anyone to swear to secrecy concerning me under the threat of chopping their head off. Let's be real. One can talk all one wants about me as long one is out, and not in. One wants me to keep something to myself, no problem with that, as long it is genuine. I can smell bullshit from afar and when I do loyalty and friendship don't exist to me anymore. Tit for tat. Vide HunterX.

But you're a rather leisurely than a goal-oriented person, right? Rather someone who randomly experiments different things, who has no pronounced line to follow?
    I'm a pragmatist, that is a realist, always have been. I'm sure as hell, I'm not random. I devote my time to things I know are mine, whether I have originated them, which is unlikely, or have accepted somebody else's ideals, makes no difference. They are mine as long I accept them.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Si-LSE fits Absurd, I know a few Si-LSE that resemble him quite well.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think you are Te-LSE since you emphasize your Ne hidden agenda strongly, which indicates accepting subtype rather than producing one.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Si-LSE fits Absurd, I know a few Si-LSE that resemble him quite well.
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I think you are Te-LSE since you emphasize your Ne hidden agenda strongly, which indicates accepting subtype rather than producing one.
    Looks like it.

Is that you in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Sounds silly, but if you like so much to drink beer, I lean towards irrationality.
    Not that I like to drink beer, it's alcohol to be precise. I drink it to get pissed drunk, don't take things in moderation. Took me awhile to realise that.

What is a beer drinker IMO? Someone who can tell apart different brands/types of beers.
    I can tell apart Heineken because it is really shitty. Beer I drink is 10-11%. 4-5 of those and you don't know what's your name and where you are, and do mix it with vodka.

As to various brands of beer, didn't have much variety, although I can tell the volume of each I drank.

LSEs smile when critizizing someone, but you said that you barely smile, so...
    I do smile when around friends or some people whose intelligence is in question. I guess you can see or not see me smiling from here. Anyway, enough research will tend to support whatever theory.

And you must be te ego since I don't remember you writing "lol", which is sth Te egos don't usually write IMO.
    Ah I see. I'm surrounded by Te polr's I guess.

ESIs are always worried about sth, and I haven't noticed you are.
    Makes sense.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-02-2011 at 03:31 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember saying it, hell maybe I did, must of been drunk or something. Anyway, I think there is somewhat of a barrier in English, between you and me. I don't force anyone to swear to secrecy concerning me under the threat of chopping their head off. Let's be real. One can talk all one wants about me as long one is out, and not in. One wants me to keep something to myself, no problem with that, as long it is genuine. I can smell bullshit from afar and when I do loyalty and friendship don't exist to me anymore. Tit for tat. Vide HunterX.
    There is no bareer of English, but perhaps of reasoning. When I am misrepresented, I have to answer back: I haven't said you ask people to swear, neither that you accuse them in public, nor that you punish them. These things are not even representative for an SLI. All the idea stands in the fact that what you discuss remaining between you and him/her has importance for you, otherwise you would not have stated it for nothing.

Besides, you showed yourself indignated towards me for two times, regarding the disclosure of "sensitive" information about you, in one case I was actually suprised by your overreaction since I was not even aware that what I said is applicable to you, it was merely a joke. Precisely like I would joke that you are a child rapist for posting whatever youtube video, if you actually are one, it has nothing to do with me. I'm not a psychic.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've never bought the ESTj typing very much. base Te is supposed to be the pinnacle of straightforward expression and articulate rationality. Absurd is more of an undirected projectile with no clear goals or commitments most of the time. doesn't come close to matching the stereotype of an ExTj, which while not being a reason to dismiss a typing is a reason to be suspicious. i'd much sooner call him an ISTp.

ps. i don't recall anyone ever calling him an ESTj when he still typed himself as ISTj. since he typed himself as such he clearly doesn't view himself unambiguous where I/E is concerned.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i've never bought the ESTj typing very much. base Te is supposed to be the pinnacle of straightforward expression and articulate rationality. Absurd is more of an undirected projectile with no clear goals or commitments most of the time. doesn't come close to matching the stereotype of an ExTj, which while not being a reason to dismiss a typing is a reason to be suspicious. i'd much sooner call him an ISTp.

ps. i don't recall anyone ever calling him an ESTj when he still typed himself as ISTj. since he typed himself as such he clearly doesn't view himself unambiguous where I/E is concerned.
    Yes, I agree that Absurd doesn't fit the ESTj description at all. I would type him ISTp since he says he's Delta but ISTj makes more sense IMO. FWIW, he had once stated that he would never type himself ISTj because he stated people considered ISTj to be something of a slur where he is.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All the idea stands in the fact that what you discuss remaining between you and him/her has importance for you, otherwise you would not have stated it for nothing.
    Of course it has importance to me, it's not like I'm deaf and dumb.

Besides, you showed yourself indignated towards me for two times, regarding the disclosure of "sensitive" information about you, in one case I was actually suprised by your overreaction since I was not even aware that what I said is applicable to you, it was merely a joke.[/quote]

Oh, now you remember. Total Recall. I said do in private or make a thread of its own. Well, I'm really sorry, actually no, I'm not.

Precisely like I would joke that you are a child rapist for posting whatever youtube video, if you actually are one, it has nothing to do with me. I'm not a psychic.
    This requires me posting child porn in the first place, as you and all on here have already witnessed me doing. I'm sure you would joke I am Husky.

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i've never bought the ESTj typing very much. base Te is supposed to be the pinnacle of straightforward expression and articulate rationality. Absurd is more of an undirected projectile with no clear goals or commitments most of the time.
    What kind of goals or commitments should I have on a socionics forum, besides writing bollocks, labbie? There are all kinds of projectiles by the way. Anti-aircraft projectiles, chemical projectiles, high capacity projectiles to name a few. I guess you're using dummy projectiles.

i'd much sooner call him an ISTp.
    Sounds alright.

I've heard that before coming from this freakazoid Anglas, who claims I typed myself LSE before. Truth is, I never typed myself LSI, I was typed LSI and had it carved in my forehead for a couple months. If my memory serves me right, it was Gilly, Ezra and someone else, whose name I forgot, who claimed I am LSI. Not to mention Jarno who spoke I am the only LSI on here before, later to change his mind to cover up his "theory" that type doesn't change. I think he meant his own.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of something. If he is an LSE, then Ti would be his ignore function. He really *wouldn't* have much of a desire to sit here and argue about the categories and systems of socionics. I don't see Abbie talking about socionics a whole lot either. They would be more interested in doing something practical that uses the information. (This is all assuming he is LSE.) However, the Ti-ignore would apply to the LIEs, too, but maybe because they have Ni creative they would still talk about ideas without applying them directly to reality.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Absurd is cool, even if he's my conflictor. He's a really good comedian. (He's the funniest individual on this forum.) Yet he's also quite sincere, unique, and genuine (as opposed to fake). I'm inclined to agree with LSE-Si (Creative subtype?) [maybe ESTj-ENTp].

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of something. If he is an LSE, then Ti would be his ignore function. He really *wouldn't* have much of a desire to sit here and argue about the categories and systems of socionics. I don't see Abbie talking about socionics a whole lot either. They would be more interested in doing something practical that uses the information. (This is all assuming he is LSE.) However, the Ti-ignore would apply to the LIEs, too, but maybe because they have Ni creative they would still talk about ideas without applying them directly to reality.
    False. Would you call me an ILE then simply because I discuss socionics? Or some other Ti valuing type? This isn't at all related to type.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh... What? Absurd never talks about socionics lol
    Sure, he's, on the forum but even when he does talk about it, it seems like he's joking.

And aside from that, an interest in socionics isn't type related.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agape View Post
    I think Absurd is cool, even if he's my conflictor. He's a really good comedian. (He's the funniest individual on this forum.)
    Stand up comedy isn't bad at all, never tried it though.

Yet he's also quite sincere, unique, and genuine (as opposed to fake). I'm inclined to agree with LSE-Si (Creative subtype?) [maybe ESTj-ENTp].
    Don't want to come off as somebody completely different as to who I am in reality, never played a role and I'm never going to play one just to please someone, so seeing me as I really am is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    False. Would you call me an ILE then simply because I discuss socionics? Or some other Ti valuing type? This isn't at all related to type.
    You can expand on it further and ask Nicole if she considers Ashton and FDG (and Reuben, ahem) Te dominants spending day and night on a socionics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Uhhh... What? Absurd never talks about socionics lol
    I don't talk about in real life as well, nor think about it.

Sure, he's, on the forum but even when he does talk about it, it seems like he's joking.
    I know my way around damn well. If I don't talk about something it doesn't mean, I don't know anything about it. Thanks anyway.

And aside from that, an interest in socionics isn't type related.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's one of us. SLI

He's skeptical, concerned, reflective, and a smartass.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cyrano;816377]He's one of us. SLI

He's skeptical, concerned, reflective, and a smartass.
    I am skeptical of nutters. I mean it is damn funny seeing one being a nutter. Don't know about reflective, although I'm going to be reflective tomorrow after I blackout tonight, trying to remember what happened. Very smart, though.

Bottoms up, Cyrano.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

because I said so.

That explains why you're awesome.

-Se/+Si is your base function.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE

because I said so.

That explains why you're awesome.

-Se/+Si is your base function.
    Thank you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    LSE.. Absurds a real world kinda guy & black triangle humour is obvious.
    Ye, working day and night earning cash and drinking it away.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    LSE.. Absurds a real world kinda guy & black triangle humour is obvious.
    Ehh, it's just a theory I'm testing for now. I'm going to watch and see if the perception of him fits that way and if all the intertype relation system works properly. It feels right to me. I hope I can keep it this way, because it makes so many other things work out the way they should.

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to delete my poll vote? I think I was a little quick on the trigger. I'll sympathize with Nico1e on how hard it can be to type from posts
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meals View Post
    Is there a way to delete my poll vote? I think I was a little quick on the trigger.
    I'm glad voted LIE. Drop me a line someday.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've often wanted to un-vote myself on polls too.

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad voted LIE.
    Gah!

Drop me a line someday.
    And other things LIEs can say to freak me out... Ha ha ha

This reminds me, maybe I should start an "LIEs, what annoys you about SLIs" thread. Well, one way to determine your type is to see which type ticks you off the most... is it SLIs? (On second thought, don't answer that..)

Anyway, it was a sense I was getting but I'll read a little more before posting next time.
    Last edited by meals; 10-17-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've often wanted to un-vote myself on polls too.
    Vote is cast. Just post and I'll make my best to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by meals View Post
    And other things LIEs can say to freak me out... Ha ha ha
    No need to fear, Absurd is here.

This reminds me, maybe I should start an "LIEs, what annoys you about SLIs" thread. Well, one way to determine your type is to see which type ticks you off the most... is it SLIs? (On second thought, don't answer that..)
    That depends on person(s). I mean it varies from person to person, so it is nothing set in stone as much I would like it, yet. I don't go on hating like all SLIs, IEIs, ILEs, EIEs, and so on. I find some IEIs on here alright and some I want to hang, for instance. Same with other people self-typing some type or another.

Anyway, it was a sense I was getting but I'll read a little more before posting next time.
    Alright.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You flatter oneself considering your type is logical.
    According to your dominating behavior and talking of hysterical clown rejecting reasonable thinking and passion to irrelevant demagogy your type is ethical. With adding other traits of behavior it's Fe type, most probably extraverted. The leading version for you is ENFJ.
    You may check it with intertype relations, maybe my list will be usefull for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12