Hybrid View

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The tests are a huge problem.

Not only is it that "E", "N", "T", and "P", as well as their counterparts, are looked at as entirely self-contained units, but the tests themselves roughly equate "F" and "S" with "retard" (in ascending order as far as potency is concerned), slaughter "P" and "J" by conflating them with all sorts of unrelated things, and use "E" and "I" as a metric for how big of a people person someone happens to be at the specific point in time of taking the test. From there, a jumble of internals is created...

I've consistently tested as ENTJ in MBTI. I am probably not an LIE.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always test the same type in MBTI and relate to their descriptions the most. That's one good thing about it. Maybe people who always type differently are confused about themselves?

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too commercial.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a sentence, MBTI can be evil the way socionics can be evil the way a belief system and a worldview can be evil.

To the extent that we allow a system to take control and replace our own conscious decision making processes, it is evil. To the extent that we allow it to color our views of the objective world, it is evil. What more one we to allow to form our expectations of who we are, dictate our actions, and even our relationships with people?

Therefore I deem socionics the greater evil by far.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider
    In a sentence, MBTI can be evil the way socionics can be evil the way a belief system and a worldview can be evil.

To the extent that we allow a system to take control and replace our own conscious decision making processes, it is evil. To the extent that we allow it to color our views of the objective world, it is evil. What more one we to allow to form our expectations of who we are, dictate our actions, and even our relationships with people?

Therefore I deem socionics the greater evil by far.
    i see in socionics the possibility for liberation from a system of stereotypes and prejudices that is evil in much the same way as you describe, held by many people who have not been in contact with alternate models. the alternative to socionics is not necessarily a "clean slate".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i see in socionics the possibility for liberation from a system of stereotypes and prejudices that is evil in much the same way as you describe, held by many people who have not been in contact with alternate models. the alternative to socionics is not necessarily a "clean slate".
    The way I see it, it represents the replacement of a simple system to a more elaborate and convoluted one. Both with its own sets of pitfalls, except that the dangers inherent in the latter are hazier and harder to catch hold of, due to our unfamiliarity with the alluring traps of complexity. It is liberating at the beginning. But as we extend deeper, getting fascinated by and hungering for the elusive holy grail of answers, liberation turns into a prison of the mind of a different form creeping up on us unawares. So immersed are we in the seeking of liberation that this very desire leads us to an imprisonment like no other. Like the ancient kings of yore, who in their love of life delve into an avid search for immortality only to die without properly living.

The alternatives may not necessarily be a clean slate, yes. But at least a cleaner slate than this, and one less strangling.

I've had an overdose of caffeine (my idea of high) and I'm not sure if I'm writing sense.
    Last edited by InkStrider; 09-30-2011 at 07:29 AM.