Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
That's fair. I guess "highlights" wouldn't be my choice of word; our perception sets the stage for our decisions and our progress, which, ironically, requires dynamic maintenance, as has been proven; a kind of self-correction mechanism exists, clearly, but the real question IMO is which state properly facilitate its progress. I think "faith" has proven itself an unworthy successor to unconscious obedience, and yet a more speculative-concrete approach of the brute honesty of our limits its clearly unsustainable and not properly communicated in the resulting vector, as certain things are always taken for granted in the transition.
well, the maintenance is only dynamic from a static pov, which imo amplifies self-correction and misses the point. thus it isn't about which state facilitates the progress of a mechanism which logically has existed 'for all time.' in between the sponge of religion and metal soundboard of materialistic speculation, lies a synthesis, just as between the collective mind's and individual's evolution.

Lol. Any triumph is simply a failure to recognize higher goals; hence the stage's necessary dissolution.
that's the point lol, it wasn't called that by some new-age psycho-healer. but I don't think it has much to do with goals.

This is why I'm still convinced that people need to have a bad trip at least once in order to properly pilot their own minds and be functional members of society
but of course