Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
Personally I'm of the belief that every dimension of existence/experience is "reaching" into the next. Physical life forms as we think of them have 3-dimensional coherency/consistency and attempt to "reach" into the 4th dimension, which is the one we perceive ourselves most accutely as navigating. A fractal is kind of like a ray's equivalent of a human perceiving time; it's the dimension that their very existence suggests the necessity of (a ray exists in one dimension, but it travels in two), and it is through interaction with some being or entity or form of existence that is beyond itself that it comes to be projected into, rather than exist in as itself, the dimension above itself. Humanity's "fractal" is our sense of our evolution as a species, which, IMO, is the next step in the "evolution" or, more precisely, the progressive organization of matter. However, given that the brain is already in itself a quantum computer, we could very well accomplish this individually; hence the extant struggle between individuation and the collective will. Our collective unconscious is acutely aware of this divide, that a choice must be made to attempt progress in either one direction or the other (collective or individual) and I think it is the mission of our current psycho-social stage to decipher where our best bet lies. But perhaps this is the answer in itself? Or perhaps our extant failure should speak. I could go on.
I don't see how the transition from 3d perception of fractals to their dynamic expression highlights, rather than synthesizes, the individual-collective problem. it's founded in the third dimension, because energy is divided and condensed; however, solids coalescing into larger, more complex fractals is but an intuitive expression of the self-same nature of these poles. the cycle we've carried out on this density frequency has been defined by a social impasse that leaves little margin for genuine mutual benefit; and it's only through transcending past the level of perception that says, "this gained energy, this lost," that we begin to see intercommunication on a more balanced scale. hence why the end of this age, 2012 spanning from several thousand years BC (sub-cycle, really) is called both the triumph of materialism and the dissolution of matter. for now, we can perceive the 4th dimension in the sense of compiled moments whose essence always seems elusive; being within this frame of reference, instead of 'in front of it' (like a stained glass window you can only see certain patterns and shades of light in at certain angles), transforms a succession of moments into a moment's procession (the gradual expansion of light instead of it's localized fluctuations).