Thread: Philosophy of Types (Gulenko)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Gilly, if Gulenko were actually saying that Sensors are driven by sensory information, I'd agree with you. But no, we have fantastic descriptions like "SEIs are about fun" and "ESEs are driven by their feelings", right next to "LIIs build systems to describe the universe".
    Are there any socionic descriptions that don't describe things in this same way?

FWIW I don't see how it necessarily undermines any types intelligence.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just look at the descriptions though. LIIs and ILEs are described as brilliant systemizers of everything forever.

SEIs are described as being driven by "fun". LIEs I can only hope are victims of bad machine translation.

It reeks of bias.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about? LIEs have the coolest one! They're practically Captain Planet.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- The Entrepreneur (LIE): the creator of everything is living nature. This sociotype animates nature, itself becoming a dualist i.e. recognizing in equal measures the material and the idealistic beginnings that unite in the natural realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    SEIs are described as being driven by "fun". LIEs I can only hope are victims of bad machine translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    What are you talking about? LIEs have the coolest one! They're practically Captain Planet.
    Actually, what I got from the LIE description is that they view things in terms of the world just being what it is. It is what it is and it'll go the way it goes. Nature in the sense of the natural world just functions the way it will. 'Animating nature' is just another way of saying they make the most of what naturally occurs, and so they just make the best of a situation.

I actually think it's a really good depiction of typical LIE mentality assuming I interpreted it correctly.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Actually, what I got from the LIE description is that they view things in terms of the world just being what it is. It is what it is and it'll go the way it goes. Nature in the sense of the natural world just functions the way it will. 'Animating nature' is just another way of saying they make the most of what naturally occurs, and so they just make the best of a situation.

I actually think it's a really good depiction of typical LIE mentality assuming I interpreted it correctly.
    Cogs in the machine...literally. There are some cool LIEs but I have to say, the mentality is creepy and vile.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a lot of descriptions LIEs are painted as having a romantic and imaginative side too that becomes vitalized with action and innovation, similar to EIEs just more practical and logical-process-oriented (much less so ILEish principle-seeking), which is why they can be wild risk takers, far-fetched planners, and not as 'down to earth' as ESTxs. But more than not they easily manifest an out-of-the-box style of thinking when trying for the most effective solutions, that should be more workable to them in the moment than to others or that a general knowledge is, like inventing a technique on the spot that others may not have thought of and eventually copy. So they are in this sense connecting process knowledge to a larger picture that is not always so traceable in reality, but just as much in their ideals and fantasy (and so even though it doesn't always work out for them, they remain thinking in the same ideal direction.) However I can't exactly interpret Gulenko's meaning here; it's not contradictory and could match up well in essence, but also a bit vague.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah LIEs can be ballers...when they aren't living with their parents.

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...