Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose taking action is as much a valid, and shaped, response to emotion as any. Maybe even the only real response. Actions can be variable or invariable with respect to a situation. When we assert that a person has variable response capacity, we call that choice. When the response is invariant, we call that a preference or trait, an expression of nature.

So, beta Ni is action then.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I suppose taking action is as much a valid, and shaped, response to emotion as any. Maybe even the only real response. Actions can be variable or invariable with respect to a situation. When we assert that a person has variable response capacity, we call that choice. When the response is invariant, we call that a preference or trait, an expression of nature.

Um, no. Not at all. You're way too external with it. Beta Ni is an introverted function. It's essence is more a mode of thought than a custom of external behavior, imo.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind my last post, turns out I am EII.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post

Um, no. Not at all. You're way too external with it. Beta Ni is an introverted function. It's essence is more a mode of thought than a custom of external behavior, imo.
    siuntal has an excellent diagram explaining this.

Ni is internalised intuition, as silverchris said it's a form of thinking and considering data, which may determine actions taken. But it does not directly lead to action. (see other side of dichotomy Se.) The Ni response to something is to consider it. Nothing more, nothing less.

What "Beta Ni" wants depends on the individual. How the individual processes that conclusion is Beta. Ni is a way of thinking, not a type of conclusion.

It may look like "Beta Ni" (Gamma Se, Delta Ne, etc.) wants a certain type of thing on this board because a lot of the members are from rich Western countries. Get a developing country's starving child IEI and the goals will be different. But their way of thinking, although alien due to the cultural gap, will still be Ni-based.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Ni is internalised intuition, as silverchris said it's a form of thinking and considering data, which may determine actions taken. But it does not directly lead to action. (see other side of dichotomy Se.) The Ni response to something is to consider it. Nothing more, nothing less.

What "Beta Ni" wants depends on the individual. How the individual processes that conclusion is Beta. Ni is a way of thinking, not a type of conclusion.
    Yeah Ni isn't any particular behavior. It is just a way of processing information. I've found some references to what sounds like N-S in literature describing workings of memory, so I am guessing it has something to do with internalizing and retrieving information about the past. What is then done with this information, what actions it engenders, depends on the individual and the context.

I do find that people of same type tend to promote similar kinds of philosophies (as creepy as this sounds). So it may be possible to combine all of Beta's prominent thinkers and philosophers together and distill whatever portion of their thinking that is Ni. But that would be an incredibly difficult task and I don't believe that the end result would really be meaningful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I do find that people of same type tend to promote similar kinds of philosophies (as creepy as this sounds). So it may be possible to combine all of Beta's prominent thinkers and philosophers together and distill whatever portion of their thinking that is Ni.But that would be an incredibly difficult task and I don't believe that the end result would really be meaningful.
    Off topic, but this is kind of like my idea of fun.

The problem with typing based on philosophy though, is that different types may be attracted to the same philosophy due to various reasons or through a differing interpretation/affinity with particular aspects of the philosophy. Adding enneagram into the picture, types at various degrees of integration/disintegration may also adopt a particular world view temporarily before dropping it as they grow more healthy/unhealthy.

The philosophy itself may be typed, but it's doubtful that its proponents may necessarily value the same information elements.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Off topic, but this is kind of like my idea of fun.

The problem with typing based on philosophy though, is that different types may be attracted to the same philosophy due to various reasons or through a differing interpretation/affinity with particular aspects of the philosophy. Adding enneagram into the picture, types at various degrees of integration/disintegration may also adopt a particular world view temporarily before dropping it as they grow more healthy/unhealthy.

The philosophy itself may be typed, but it's doubtful that its proponents may necessarily value the same information elements.
    If one was doing a PhD in socionics in Kiev somewhere with 4-5 years of paid research ahead that would be a fun dissertation topic. You could type individuals and then make them take a survey that say encompasses major philosophical ideas and see if there is any correlation. I wouldn't expect there to be a very strong correlation because as you say plenty of other factors would come into play, but it would be interesting to see if such correlation does exist and the magnitude of it.

on the other hand, may be it is better not to know ...

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of humor do you like..what makes you laugh? What in a person turns you on?