TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    @silverchris

That's a good way to see it. But I challenge you to move it one more step: to never see people as enemies, but the ideas subduing them as being so. Then attack these ideas to the death, and you would have saved an allies' soul.

Feel free to replace 'ideas' with 'attitude', 'emotions', 'mindset', 'mentality'.
    Many ideas are held due to a distinct ethical perspective, which in some cases the individual literally cannot help but adhere to.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly? I think this will vary from person to person, even of the same sociotype. Even so, as an IEI I will answer these questions personally.

What does beta Ni want?
    I want multiple things. I want fulfilling relationships, especially long-lasting friendships in my life. I also want to influence the people I meet in a positive way, and be seen by others as a kind person.

How does beta Ni try to improve itself?
    I try to increase my understanding of others, even those who do not attempt to understand me. I also try to help those who wouldn't help me. To me, this is a part of being a better person. This might not have so much to do with sociotype, and more to do with personal convictions.

What are you trying to become that you can better fulfill your social duties?
    I try to be a mediator in the personal issues of others. I feel that my duty socially is to make people get along as well as possible.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silverchris

That's a good way to see it. But I challenge you to move it one more step: to never see people as enemies, but the ideas subduing them as being so. Then attack these ideas to the death, and you would have saved an allies' soul.

Feel free to replace 'ideas' with 'attitude', 'emotions', 'mindset', 'mentality'.
    Uh... this post kinda made me cringe.

I mean that's cute and all. But really. If you're going to live practically, (editorial) you have to treat some people as enemies. I mean I want everyone's soul to be saved, but I'm not always the one to do it. And people aren't under the control of some sort of incorrect idea---they're people, there's a hyper-complex series of reasons why they would behave in a way that's unpleasant or disagreeable or whatever.

In fact, many times, they're not any more right or wrong than you are---your interests just clash. And at that point in time, you have to try to ascertain what's best overall and do that, even if it continues to put you in conflict with perfectly nice people who aren't subscribing to some sort of evil idea or anything.

And just 'cause you treat someone like an enemy in one regard, doesn't mean you can't still be friends in other areas. Just like sports. On the field, that guy is your enemy, even if he's your best friend off the field.

So, summary, while I think that's a nice point, it's a touch too idealistic for me, or the wrong brand of idealism, or something. Also the whole "I challenge you to x" makes me think of a high school football coach. Just say what you mean...

(Sorry to like hate on your very short post like that. But, uh, you were curious about IEIs?)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I suppose taking action is as much a valid, and shaped, response to emotion as any. Maybe even the only real response. Actions can be variable or invariable with respect to a situation. When we assert that a person has variable response capacity, we call that choice. When the response is invariant, we call that a preference or trait, an expression of nature.

So, beta Ni is action then.
    Um, no. Not at all. You're way too external with it. Beta Ni is an introverted function. It's essence is more a mode of thought than a custom of external behavior, imo.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind my last post, turns out I am EII.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I suppose taking action is as much a valid, and shaped, response to emotion as any. Maybe even the only real response. Actions can be variable or invariable with respect to a situation. When we assert that a person has variable response capacity, we call that choice. When the response is invariant, we call that a preference or trait, an expression of nature.

So, beta Ni is action then.
    Um, no. Not at all. You're way too external with it. Beta Ni is an introverted function. It's essence is more a mode of thought than a custom of external behavior, imo.
    siuntal has an excellent diagram explaining this.

Ni is internalised intuition, as silverchris said it's a form of thinking and considering data, which may determine actions taken. But it does not directly lead to action. (see other side of dichotomy Se.) The Ni response to something is to consider it. Nothing more, nothing less.

What "Beta Ni" wants depends on the individual. How the individual processes that conclusion is Beta. Ni is a way of thinking, not a type of conclusion.

It may look like "Beta Ni" (Gamma Se, Delta Ne, etc.) wants a certain type of thing on this board because a lot of the members are from rich Western countries. Get a developing country's starving child IEI and the goals will be different. But their way of thinking, although alien due to the cultural gap, will still be Ni-based.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chris

What's wrong with sounding that way

Anyway, you might have misunderstood me. I do believe now that we're actually on the same page; the fact that you can see people as not being enemies all the time in all contexts means that you are generally able to separate the essence in the person who deserves fighting against (e.g. the fact that the quarterback is playing for another team, me having a different form of idealism etc) from the person himself. That is essentially all that I'm saying

And yes, I am interested in understanding IEIs.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    Hey, I did think that sounded more like than .
    Yep. In retrospect, it should have been pretty easy for me to figure out my sociotype. The only real reason I was confused was because I wasn't aware of the prominent disparity between Socionics and MBTI.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chris

What's wrong with sounding that way

Anyway, you might have misunderstood me. I do believe now that we're actually on the same page; the fact that you can see people as not being enemies all the time in all contexts means that you are generally able to separate the essence in the person who deserves fighting against (e.g. the fact that the quarterback is playing for another team, me having a different form of idealism etc) from the person himself. That is essentially all that I'm saying

And yes, I am interested in understanding IEIs.
    Oh, okay. Glad we're on the same page. I could feel you trying to "teach" me something, and I was resisting it. But as it turns out, you just brought out a more nuanced and considered version of my actual viewpoint.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chris

SO HAVE I SNAGGED YOU YET

Just kidding Do tell me more secrets of the IEI world... I must have more
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Ni is internalised intuition, as silverchris said it's a form of thinking and considering data, which may determine actions taken. But it does not directly lead to action. (see other side of dichotomy Se.) The Ni response to something is to consider it. Nothing more, nothing less.

What "Beta Ni" wants depends on the individual. How the individual processes that conclusion is Beta. Ni is a way of thinking, not a type of conclusion.
    Yeah Ni isn't any particular behavior. It is just a way of processing information. I've found some references to what sounds like N-S in literature describing workings of memory, so I am guessing it has something to do with internalizing and retrieving information about the past. What is then done with this information, what actions it engenders, depends on the individual and the context.

I do find that people of same type tend to promote similar kinds of philosophies (as creepy as this sounds). So it may be possible to combine all of Beta's prominent thinkers and philosophers together and distill whatever portion of their thinking that is Ni. But that would be an incredibly difficult task and I don't believe that the end result would really be meaningful.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In a word, what is it? What does beta Ni want? How does beta Ni try to improve itself? What are you trying to become that you can better fulfill your social duties?
    Also, social duties = ew. I feel duty to specific people, including myself. I'm avoidant of duty to entities. Whatever I am trying to become is for myself and some people I care about, that I can enhance their life and mine.

Getting advantages from a social structure such as a government implies responsabilities towards that structure, due to a custom of reciprocity and sometimes exploitation thereof. That's about it for the social side.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I do find that people of same type tend to promote similar kinds of philosophies (as creepy as this sounds). So it may be possible to combine all of Beta's prominent thinkers and philosophers together and distill whatever portion of their thinking that is Ni.But that would be an incredibly difficult task and I don't believe that the end result would really be meaningful.
    Off topic, but this is kind of like my idea of fun.

The problem with typing based on philosophy though, is that different types may be attracted to the same philosophy due to various reasons or through a differing interpretation/affinity with particular aspects of the philosophy. Adding enneagram into the picture, types at various degrees of integration/disintegration may also adopt a particular world view temporarily before dropping it as they grow more healthy/unhealthy.

The philosophy itself may be typed, but it's doubtful that its proponents may necessarily value the same information elements.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Off topic, but this is kind of like my idea of fun.

The problem with typing based on philosophy though, is that different types may be attracted to the same philosophy due to various reasons or through a differing interpretation/affinity with particular aspects of the philosophy. Adding enneagram into the picture, types at various degrees of integration/disintegration may also adopt a particular world view temporarily before dropping it as they grow more healthy/unhealthy.

The philosophy itself may be typed, but it's doubtful that its proponents may necessarily value the same information elements.
    If one was doing a PhD in socionics in Kiev somewhere with 4-5 years of paid research ahead that would be a fun dissertation topic. You could type individuals and then make them take a survey that say encompasses major philosophical ideas and see if there is any correlation. I wouldn't expect there to be a very strong correlation because as you say plenty of other factors would come into play, but it would be interesting to see if such correlation does exist and the magnitude of it.

on the other hand, may be it is better not to know ...

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of humor do you like..what makes you laugh? What in a person turns you on?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not gona find some tool or probe that's gona make INFps horny. Or a one liner that's gona swoon them to their knees. You just gota connect with them in teh same way you try and connect with everybody you meet, except it should work out more easily and be better. So if it isn't, then the theory sucks. But it's a decent theory.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.........Got damnit just answer the question >.<'

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isnt a fuckin answer cuz I cant come up with one. It's different for people. Ok here's an idea. Go up to the INFp and grab their ass. Seriously. Do that. Make a noise while you do it too like a cat having sex. INFps are pervs, those horny bitches will like it.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=_=' Asshole, tryna get me smacked.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done it before, they'll smack you in parts that turn you on.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    =_=' Asshole, tryna get me smacked.
    Actually it will probably work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of humor do you like..what makes you laugh? What in a person turns you on?
    I like sarcasm, sick non PC humour and laughing at funny situations. I also like dominant, intelligent guys who can bend me to their will.

Example of comedy I despise = Mr Bean and what i call 'banter humour' i.e. when two people slag each other off with crap comments. Each person fake laughs at the other persons put down and they call this 'having a laugh'.

I don't think sense of humour is type related though.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like dominant, intelligent guys who can bend me to their will.
    How much do you earn a month?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

.............. are you Reuben's second account or something??

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal
    something silly
    Wow how did you find out? Of course he's my second account, aren't you agee <3
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post
    I like sarcasm, sick non PC humour and laughing at funny situations. I also like dominant, intelligent guys who can bend me to their will.

Example of comedy I despise = Mr Bean and what i call 'banter humour' i.e. when two people slag each other off with crap comments. Each person fake laughs at the other persons put down and they call this 'having a laugh'.

I don't think sense of humor is type related though.
    Aw you don't like Mr.Bean? Well the character was funny in his first movie, it was a good movie too, as for the show I saw some clips and it was corny as shit...especially with the fake audience laughter. Banter humor, I guess it depends on the situation sometimes both sides are just having fun but yeah I know what you're talking about, it gets to a point where I wouldn't even call it humor, just awkward.

"Non PC"?

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal
    something silly
    Wow how did you find out? Of course he's my second account, aren't you agee <3
    Uhh no...im your fifth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like dominant, intelligent guys who can bend me to their will.
    How much do you earn a month?
    Why do you ask? How much do you think I earn?

a) Up to $20,000 a year
    b) Up to $40,000 a year
    c) Up to $60,000 a year
    d) Up to $80,000 a year
    e) Up to $100,000 a year

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think sense of humor is type related though.
    Aw you don't like Mr.Bean? Well the character was funny in his first movie, it was a good movie too, as for the show I saw some clips and it was corny as shit...especially with the fake audience laughter. Banter humor, I guess it depends on the situation sometimes both sides are just having fun but yeah I know what you're talking about, it gets to a point where I wouldn't even call it humor, just awkward.

"Non PC"?
    Yup non pc = non politically correct humour.
    Last edited by IEI; 09-15-2011 at 11:01 PM.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah right.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate you Mr Bean.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what...fuck it im horny and I feel like being an asshole and fucking shit up. Random..but I don't give a fuck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what...fuck it im horny and I feel like being an asshole and fucking shit up. Random..but I don't give a fuck.
    Do It, Do It, Do It. Sounds like a good idea

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, that was incredibly corny. I thought he'd atleast accidently push her off the stairs. Part of the actor's appeal and what makes him funny is the fact that his face is nasty looking.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Part of the actor's appeal and what makes him funny is the fact that his face is nasty looking.
    He's Jewish.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lool...that's life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lool...that's life.
    Life is life, unless you want to trade it for 16types.info.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..................meh

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEI
    Why do you ask? How much do you think I earn?

a) Up to $20,000 a year
    b) Up to $40,000 a year
    c) Up to $60,000 a year
    d) Up to $80,000 a year
    e) Up to $100,000 a year
    If you earn enough there might be reason why I should bend you to my will.

Quote Originally Posted by agee
    fuck it im horny and I feel like being an asshole and fucking shit up
    That's what dogs say to themselves before proceeding to hump my leg. They never get the chicks this way.

Quote Originally Posted by horny IEI
    Do It, Do It, Do It.
    Mmhmm. Sure baby, but hand over the dough first.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast