Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Boredom Test

But yeah, we can test this. Just throw me and Hkkmr into the chatroom alone together, and watch us bore each other to death. I swear it will happen that way. There will be no suggestive-triggering whatsoever. The boredom will be mutual. Nothing but a Se and a Si alone in a chatroom together with nothing whatsoever to talk about!

Wanna try it? We could keep a record of the chat and post it here! Schedule us a time!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    When I've talked with hkkmr in the chatbox, he's triggered my ignore function. I felt bored because he started listing names of specific places.

Sorry, ranting.
    But yeah, we can test this. Just throw me and Hkkmr into the chatroom alone together, and watch us bore each other to death.
    You had a beer or two as well ?

Anyway, hkkmr is ILE as far I am concerned.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    When I've talked with hkkmr in the chatbox, he's triggered my ignore function. I felt bored because he started listing names of specific places.

Sorry, ranting.
    But yeah, we can test this. Just throw me and Hkkmr into the chatroom alone together, and watch us bore each other to death.

Nah, didn't have a beer. I'm perfectly capable of doing silly, ridiculous, embarrassing things that I regret later, without alcohol.

But seriously, why doesn't anyone ever do this? Why is this taboo? Don't we believe that the intertype relations really exist? If they do exist then we should use the 'throw them in the chatbox together' test ALL THE TIME. As in, it should be the first resort and not the last resort (it's actually not even the last resort right now - it's a nonexistent resort that has never been used before). Get a couple of people whose types are well known and agreed upon, and use those people to interact with the person whose type is unknown. Why aren't we doing this?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Get a couple of people whose types are well known and agreed upon, and use those people to interact with the person whose type is unknown. Why aren't we doing this?
    Get Ashton and FDG talk with you in chatbox, I'll watch

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a couple of people whose types are well known and agreed upon, and use those people to interact with the person whose type is unknown. Why aren't we doing this?
    Get Ashton and FDG talk with you in chatbox, I'll watch
    I seem to run into Ashton pretty frequently in there by accident. It fits with the theory in that we usually focus on Te-related subjects. I've never seen FDG in there.

Hkkmr, you could be ILE. I make mistakes all the time. That's why I'm thinking in terms of testing things, now.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, didn't have a beer. I'm perfectly capable of doing silly, ridiculous, embarrassing things that I regret later, without alcohol.

But seriously, why doesn't anyone ever do this? Why is this taboo? Don't we believe that the intertype relations really exist? If they do exist then we should use the 'throw them in the chatbox together' test ALL THE TIME. As in, it should be the first resort and not the last resort (it's actually not even the last resort right now - it's a nonexistent resort that has never been used before). Get a couple of people whose types are well known and agreed upon, and use those people to interact with the person whose type is unknown. Why aren't we doing this?
    1) interactions are perfectly visible on the forum
    2) no one agrees on "established types"
    3) people already hang out all the time on stickam/irc/chatbox

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an ESTp wouldn't "bore an ISTp to tears". they'd stimulate them the same way as an ENTp would, but in a way that irritates, annoys, rubs-the-wrong-way them rather than gratifies. the stimulus is given rise to by EP temperament just the same.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    wow you are istj now?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course hkkmr is ILE, or at the very least an intuitive-thinking type. What are we arguing about, really? Maybe it could be discussed if he is LII or ILI, but he seems extraverted enough. His analytical side is obviously process, and there is only one process-extraverted-intuitive type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit