View Poll Results: what is his socionics type?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 100.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Alan Watts

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE was my tentative impression based on the samples of his talks I've heard in psytrance and the lecture he gave on technology -- the way he explored abstractions was a little more concrete than what I'd expect from, say, an Ni-ego -- but at this point I'm not certain he's not just a more grounded LIE. VI is a little ambiguous.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ILE was my tentative impression based on the samples of his talks I've heard in psytrance and the lecture he gave on technology -- the way he explored abstractions was a little more concrete than what I'd expect from, say, an Ni-ego -- but at this point I'm not certain he's not just a more grounded LIE. VI is a little ambiguous.
    I think I agree with you. Alpha seems almost certain. But he was far more on the intellectual side than the emotional-experiential side of it. Like when he's talking about how to meditate he goes off on a tangent about what the word "think" means lol. Here is a great interview with his daughter that gives more insight on his strengths and weaknesses:

Describes him as "fun, playful, creative"
    Wrote a lot, starting at 15
    She says he loved the philosophy but didn't practice it (Buddhism or anything else).
    Instead he "loved to bring knowledge in and put it out there" This is characteristically ILE. He also had lots of friends and contacts from many different cultures, he was very in touch with the world.