Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rationality

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think what Ashton is trying to convey is that it doesn't make sense to over-generalize and say that rationalism = conscientious, up-tightness and irrationalism = laziness, flexibility. Doing that is the same thing labelling people like saying every ENTp is the same or every ENFp is goofy. I agree with him on this matter. Of course, rationals are more likely to be organized and irrationals are more likely to have low self control, however it doesn't necessarily indicate that is accurate for every rational and irrational.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I think what Ashton is trying to convey is that it doesn't make sense to over-generalize and say that rationalism = conscientious, up-tightness and irrationalism = laziness, flexibility. Doing that is the same thing labelling people like saying every ENTp is the same or every ENFp is goofy. I agree with him on this matter. Of course, rationals are more likely to be organized and irrationals are more likely to have low self control, however it doesn't necessarily indicate that is accurate for every rational and irrational.
    I would venture into saying that being rational/irrational can be manifested, in the same person, in different occurances. I could be classified as P in regard to my school work, but everybody would totally say J in regard to work and traning. Why is this? I have no clue. Probably because the latter are higher-intensity activities that make me more mentally and physically aroused, and therefore are able to make me experess my personality better.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rationals and irrationals come in different shades and strengths so there is sometimes confusion. Rational behavior is always connected to , , , . Those who lead with these functions will find themselves wanting to come to a conclusion based on the particular function they are leading with in many cases. When a case does not involve their primary function they may act irrationally. Or they may consciously withhold judgment (or at least acting on a judgment) in favor of more information. Irrational types come in different flavors too . The content of their perceptions is dictated by the primary function. The rational types force the irrationals into decisions. I am of the notion that the whole world is involved in a rational conspiracy. Wether you agree with them or not all sorts of laws and rules, time schedules, penalties, fees, deadlines have already been put in place by Rationals. Us poor irrationals have to dance to the tune we dont even like. Hence we try to break free. We find cracks, loopholes, sidelines, spaces, nooks, cranies anything that will free us from the tyranny of the ubiquitous J. Each according to his function. So spazes out spaces out drops out skips out.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I would venture into saying that being rational/irrational can be manifested, in the same person, in different occurances. I could be classified as P in regard to my school work, but everybody would totally say J in regard to work and traning. Why is this? I have no clue. Probably because the latter are higher-intensity activities that make me more mentally and physically aroused, and therefore are able to make me experess my personality better.
    Yes, basically the reality is that very extreme rationality or extreme irrationaly is linked to the demeanors of those stereotypes. However in the majority of individuals they are mostly mixed with a certain degree of rationality/irrationality. They have a preference over one of them that is randomized depending on the situation. Therefore, one cannot conclude that a rational or irrational individual would contain or display all of the characteristics that are attributed to their preference.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12