Thread: I got my results back for the Genographic Project!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this anyone we know? http://www.simplysocionics.com/

genographic project atlas is pretty cool, too bad i dont want to give em money to analyse my dna
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

That's pretty awesome. I imagine it would be especially cool for African Americans, and really just Americans in general because it's such a mixed society.

My results would be unamusing though.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm this is kinda interesting. makes me want to get my finger pricked

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I got my results back for the Genographic Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus

It says that I'm part of Haplogroup K. That does make sense.

I'm so happy!
    You know what that map is saying? It is saying you are Turkish or Finnish, because the linguistic groups of Turks and Finns are all in the same family, as well as the people being in the same genetic family.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And apparently Oetzi the Iceman is your cousin, congratualtions, lol.

http://www.familytreedna.com/(33t00u55sh01lx45ovn2wmyp)/public/mtDNA_K/index.aspx

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah! I was thinking about getting myself DNA tested and just realized alot of this information is available for free on-line. I messed around on Google and found that a couple of realitives of mine [looks like distant cousins] already have been DNA tested and put into a Haplogroup.

http://www.ysearch.org/gedcom_show.a...=&startposn=26

I'm related to all of these guys ... actually, I might be on this webpage now.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....clan/mcnew.htm

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh yeah, I'd look at that link too ... you might have some realitives on there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNew family name is genetically related to McNutt ... lol

http://www.ysearch.org/lastname_last...n=&excludeuid=

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, that is hilarious
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am R1b from just typing in last names I know I am related too on the ysearch website, they all came out R1b. Though I don't know for sure since I have not really tested myself....

Kraus!!!! We are Genetic Neighbors!! Har Har!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I think I am R1b from just typing in last names I know I am related too on the ysearch website, they all came out R1b. Though I don't know for sure since I have not really tested myself....

Kraus!!!! We are Genetic Neighbors!! Har Har!
    HOW STRANGELY EROTIC

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow!!! I even have my own caveman cousin, the Cro-Magnon!

In your face Oetze! Haha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M343

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet another place to search out genetic types of last names.

http://www.ybase.org/demo.asp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm likely R1b as well, just due to the fact that most of my family is from northern spain.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm likely R1b as well, just due to the fact that most of my family is from northern spain.
    Yeah, Spain has the highest concentration of that supposedly. Most Europeans in general tend towards R1b, especially those of Celtic decent in France and the Britain isles apparently. The Celts origionated from around spain actually.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you check you DNA?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto
    How do you check you DNA?
    You order a cheek swab kit and then send it to a lab.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had this done in a molecular biology class in high school from a different lab. I got R2.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    We had this done in a molecular biology class in high school from a different lab. I got R2.
    That is interesting, because I read somewhere that R1 and R2 are related forms, except that R1 is based primarily in people with Western European decent and R2 is primarily based in People From Eastern Indian decent.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still it made me want to get my finger pricked.

i think its because this thread reminded me of the physicality of our bodies being.. physical

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even need to get a cheek swab done. They actually just had us chew on gum for the sample, lol.

That is interesting, because I read somewhere that R1 and R2 are related forms, except that R1 is based primarily in people with Western European decent and R2 is primarily based in People From Eastern Indian decent.
    Yeah, its an unusual strain. On the info that they sent back to us in that class is said the highest concentration of R2 people was in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, and in the West among a few scattered gypsy tribes. Interesting that the R1 and R2 strains are related though. I wonder how that worked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finnish Invasion

You know what that map is saying? It is saying you are Turkish or Finnish, because the linguistic groups of Turks and Finns are all in the same family, as well as the people being in the same genetic family.
    Incorrect.
    Finnish and Turkish are not linguistically related, and even Hungarian is no closer to Finnish than Hindi is to English. Finnish paternal lineages (Y-chromosome haplogroups) are largely shared with other Uralic people, though not with the Hungarians, as well as the Baltic peoples, whereas the maternal lineages (mtDNA) are generally shared with most non-related European peoples. Finally, I just wanted to butt in and post this cool map:

"Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Finnish Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Incorrect.
    Finnish and Turkish are not linguistically related, and even Hungarian is no closer to Finnish than Hindi is to English. Finnish paternal lineages (Y-chromosome haplogroups) are largely shared with other Uralic people, though not with the Hungarians, as well as the Baltic peoples, whereas the maternal lineages (mtDNA) are generally shared with most non-related European peoples. Finally, I just wanted to butt in and post this cool map:

Well, I disagree with you. And it is alright 'cause it does not totally matter anyways, but just in case I will post this.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/l...finnougric.htm

Finland, Hungary, Estonia and a few other European countries speak a language unrelated to those of their neighbors. Most Europeans speak an Indo-European language, many the descendants of Latin (the Romance languages), but not these. Their language comes from the Finno-Ugric group, which is believed to have started in the region of the Volga River and Ural Mountains.
    The two main divisions of the Finno-Ugric group of languages are, not surprisingly, Finnish and Ugric. The Finnish speakers live between Norway and the White Sea, Finland, Estonia, and parts of Russia. The Ugric languages are Hungarian, Khanty (or Ostyak), and Mansi (or Vogul), to the east of the Urals.
    There are other Finno-Ugric languages spoken within Russia.

Some believe the Finno-Ugric languages share a common ancestry with Turkish and Japanese.
    Read above .... Then go back and look at the map that Kraus posted and see where all the stops are at.

Nevermind, I emphasized it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I disagree with you. And it is alright 'cause it does not totally matter anyways, but just in case I will post this.

Finland, Hungary, Estonia and a few other European countries speak a language unrelated to those of their neighbors. Most Europeans speak an Indo-European language, many the descendants of Latin (the Romance languages), but not these. Their language comes from the Finno-Ugric group, which is believed to have started in the region of the Volga River and Ural Mountains.
    The two main divisions of the Finno-Ugric group of languages are, not surprisingly, Finnish and Ugric. The Finnish speakers live between Norway and the White Sea, Finland, Estonia, and parts of Russia. The Ugric languages are Hungarian, Khanty (or Ostyak), and Mansi (or Vogul), to the east of the Urals.

Some believe the Finno-Ugric languages share a common ancestry with Turkish and Japanese.

Read above .... Then go back and look at the map that Kraus posted and see where all the stops are at
    Those maps have a somewhat different time depth. The Finno-Ugric languages can be traced back to proto-Uralic about six thousand years ago by most estimates, whereas the genetic lineages are much much older, something like twenty to forty thousand years. It is likely that people have changed their languages a number of times during that time. To speculate that far back in time is basically just wild ass guessing.

The hypothesis that Finnic languages are related to Turkish languages has been debated for well over hundred years now. There are some structural similarities in the grammar but these are probably just conincidental since there are only a number of ways languages can be constructed and similar patterns can be found in the languages of New Guinea, for example. I could try to dig some links for you if you are interested. Linguistics is endlessly fascinating, though more popular topic on this side of the Ocean.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul

Read above .... Then go back and look at the map that Kraus posted and see where all the stops are at
    Those maps have a somewhat different time depth. The Finno-Ugric languages can be traced back to proto-Uralic about six thousand years ago by most estimates, whereas the genetic lineages are much much older, something like twenty to forty thousand years. It is likely that people have changed their languages a number of times during that time. To speculate that far back in time is basically just wild ass guessing.

The hypothesis that Finnic languages are related to Turkish languages has been debated for well over hundred years now. There are some structural similarities in the grammar but these are probably just conincidental since there are only a number of ways languages can be constructed and similar patterns can be found in the languages of New Guinea, for example. I could try to dig some links for you if you are interested. Linguistics is endlessly fascinating, though more popular topic on this side of the Ocean.
    It is all wild ass guessing, unless you want to believe in an event happening with something resembling the "tower of babel" story, which actually can be a valid debate among lingualist regardless of a persons stance on the existance of God or validity of the bible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haplogroup HV*. ^_^

mtdna is totally neat.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei