Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
My supervisor bypasses my judgement and focuses my attention on things that are real, that exist now, or pertain to the experiences they have had in the topics that I'm holding preconceived judgements on, making me feel that I need to watch what I say. That's it.

Ok, this requires an example...hum...

Yesterday, I was hanging out with my buddy SEE friend who was helping me bake bread; ok so we had the pressure cooker on the stove and with those things you have to be really careful and follow directions, otherwise you may cause injuries; she had a more confident and direct ability to deal with this intimidating cookwear, while I slowly "walked away from it" when it made the pressure sounds... I was frightened. She was more "go for it" type, periodically raising the pressure valve to release steam, where if it were me, I would have turned the heat off and probably would have cooked whatever needed to be cooked in there the conventional way, using 40 minutes or regular time to do so. I was saying, "turn it off and we'll do it the long way, before we blow ourselves up" and she was trying to encourage me that it would work fine and others have used it before us so we should be ok. Uggg.

I said something in the regards of applying for grad school, she was more confident to pull the trigger on and I was much more reluctant to deal with reality. She's much more willing to be interactive than I am much more willing to mobilize for action right away.
Great example. Brought this thought to mind...

The way our identicals handle things compared to the way we handle them is frustrating.
The way our mirrors handle things compared to the way we handle them is reassuring.
The way our kindred handle things compared to the way we handle them is fascinating.
The way our supervisors handle things compared to the way we handle them is frightening.