Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Fi/Ne on the MBTI but Te/Ni on Socionics?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    After I introduce myself to the CEO by seeking his academic recommendation, I want to work as his strategic assistant, then dump the PhD crap, and then jump into another company. That is kind of ENTj like.
    That's not ENTj-like at all. Feigning interest in something you don't want to do so you can get a promotion and then jump ship? I don't think that's type related. (I think you're just very frustrated with your situation right now.) If you're read that ENTjs are career/money oriented, that still doesn't mean that your plan is ENTj-ish. My recommendation is that you go with the PhD plan only if it interests you, and be open-minded about where it leads. If you're unhappy where you are, spend some time outside of work looking for another job, or working on some idea that will make money.

Most jobs don't quite satisfy people's need for creativity and growth. You're not alone in your struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    However, I am also a fiction writer. I want to get a job that allows me the independence that I can (perhaps without my bosses permission) occasionally drift into a dream world. With an office, I should be able to write a few chapters and nobody will know I am doing fiction. That is kind of INFj like.
    That's not INFj-like. A lot of types may have an interest in being writers. INFp, INTp, and several other types could be like that. I understand the fantasy of being like Einstein working on relativity while he was supposed to be doing clerical work (typed ILE by a lot of Socionists). Most employers would catch that though, unless you were also smarter and more efficient than everyone else.

I date girls 13 years younger
    And liking ISFp-ish girls doesn't prove that you're Alpha. Most guys like good-looking girls anyhow. And a lot of the girls with the hot "girl nextdoor" look aren't necessarily even ISFp. You'll find also that in any VI list, all the people with movie star looks seem to end up in one or two types, which varies depending on which list you're looking at. That says more about the people who make the lists, I think.

I think I am an atypical ...Or maybe not. I could be an atypical ... It is hard to say.
    Socionics is confusing. Don't be concerned if you never find a specific type that totally fits. Maybe you can learn things about yourself and relationships with others without committing to a given type. If you're certain about the type of people you're in a relationship with, the intertype relationships may give some insights about type and the dynamics, but always take Socionics with many grains of salt (just my advice).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Jewry . Would you say that Alpha is a disease?
    Xenophobia + shiftyness + money hungry = Gamma if anything.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Jewry . Would you say that Alpha is a disease?
    Xenophobia + shiftyness + money hungry = Gamma if anything.
    how's that for stereotypology..
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    And liking ISFp-ish girls doesn't prove that you're Alpha.
    Thank you. Provided the girls in question are even typed correctly, there's still more to type than that.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12