View Poll Results: Which do you see as being stronger in Joy?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ti

15 71.43%
  • Te

6 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ti vs Te

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can all come visit me. i live in the midwest.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I like you Joy, but I'm getting frustrated by you now. All these threads do is cause more confusion and complication than is necessary. There's a lot written here, but nothing that could clarify your type. It may not be, but it's almost as if your purposely deliberately to transforming yourself into an "XXXX". I could attempt to type you, but it would be a complete waste of time, since there is no information or behaviour patterns described.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I didn't want this thread to be about me, just the poll. I know my type. Thanks though. (:
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    yeah, I didn't want this thread to be about me, just the poll. I know my type. Thanks though. (:
    Okay, I understand. :wink:
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, at least I never claim to KNOW my type. This shit is just embarassing.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good grief, how many times do I have to say to automatically insert "IMO" into every one of my sentences?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was saying that I currently don't have any doubts as to what my type is.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I realize that. However, this is stupid, as you will, just like me, try to change your type at some point in the next month or so. You used to be SO sure that you were ENTp, then you were DOUBTLESSLY an ISFp, now you're CERTAIN of your ENTj-ness. Stop pretending to be certain. You're not fooling anyone.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    it would be cool to have a convention so we can all meet and talk shit about eachother on the forums with justification. I call using FDG's house as the rally point.
    yay italy! DD

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Yes, I realize that. However, this is stupid, as you will, just like me, try to change your type at some point in the next month or so. You used to be SO sure that you were ENTp, then you were DOUBTLESSLY an ISFp, now you're CERTAIN of your ENTj-ness. Stop pretending to be certain. You're not fooling anyone.
    *shrugs* my type doesn't change no matter what I or anyone else thinks it is
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Let's talk about how you can recognize the difference in these two functions when typing others. And while you're at it, feel free to vote.

There's a saying about missing the forrest for the trees or something like that, and I tend to see Te people as the ones who see the forrest and Ti people as the ones who see the trees. Te people are more about the main point of whatever is going on, while Ti people are interested in diving deeper into things, learning more of the specifics. If the subject is interesting, it doesn't matter that much whether they'll be able to apply the knowledge or not.

What do you think?
    Bullshit. In MBTT, it's the difference between intuitive and sensing. In socionics, what you've described is a Te bias that apparently, Te types are more adept at seeing "the whole picture" which is complete bullshit. What about EIE? ILE? LII? IEI?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

note that this topic is two years old.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    note that this topic is two years old.
    I forget to check.
    Ugh, and now I see that the vote is public when I was just planning on voting for not reason.

This sucks.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I forget to check.
    Ugh, and now I see that the vote is public when I was just planning on voting for not reason.

This sucks.
    yup.
    public poles suck.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy is a black box.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy's lover is a white tetris shape.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is a confederation of three miniature black boxes now, compacted together.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te concentrates on communicating with people and with working together on things. Ti asks what it means that X is working with Y to Z which wanted to work with X, but can't because X is already working with Y. This creates structure.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Te concentrates on communicating with people and with working together on things. Ti asks what it means that X is working with Y to Z which wanted to work with X, but can't because X is already working with Y. This creates structure.
    Maybe. This sounds a bit dynamic to just be Ti though.
    SEE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a saying about missing the forrest for the trees or something like that, and I tend to see Te people as the ones who see the forrest and Ti people as the ones who see the trees. Te people are more about the main point of whatever is going on, while Ti people are interested in diving deeper into things, learning more of the specifics. If the subject is interesting, it doesn't matter that much whether they'll be able to apply the knowledge or not.
    This inaccurate definition is probably why you think you're ENTj. Ti sees the forest; they want to build a complete system with as little emphasis on specific data as possible. Te sees the trees as separate but connected things, like links in a chain.

When you explain things, you always do it in a Ti way, trying to convey some overall principle concisely rather than just stating it as it is...there's a search for coherence with you.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only way in which Ti exhibits a preference for specificity is by splitting hairs. In an effort for precision, it will do this to make sure it has captured the most accurate answer. Nonetheless, it always acts out of a desire to tie everything together into an overall system.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both thinking fuctions seem to be lacking completely in Joy from my perspective.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Both thinking fuctions seem to be lacking completely in Joy from my perspective.
    which is why a good amount of people think she's ESFj
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

types that are absolutely out of the question:

ESFj, ISFp, anything beta, INTp, ISFj, ESTj, ISTp, ENFp, and INFj
    see, now, a more efficient way to list those would be
    "Types I can be: Alpha NT, Gamma extrovert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. This sounds a bit dynamic to just be Ti though.
    You're right: it's Ti working through Te's lense.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    This inaccurate definition is probably why you think you're ENTj.
    Remember, like I didn't, that this topic is over two years old. Granted, the definition is laughable, but Joy's knowledge of socionics has developed since then.

Ti sees the forest; they want to build a complete system with as little emphasis on specific data as possible. Te sees the trees as separate but connected things, like links in a chain.
    I don't think this is entirely true, but that could just be because I'm not sure this concept is even related to Ti or Te.

When you explain things, you always do it in a Ti way, trying to convey some overall principle concisely rather than just stating it as it is...
    This makes absolutely no sense. "As it is" and "conveying some overall principle concisely" go hand in hand with one another. I see what you're trying to do here; separate Ti (which you've explained quite well) and Te (which is a shitty effort on your behalf; Te is not about stating things "as they are". If anything, stating things "as they are" is a trait related to Ti blocked with Se. SLEs are extremely good at seeing what is). And, don't quote me on this, but I suspect you're basing your interpretation of Te on Ashton, who is evidently not an LIE.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Explain. I'm interested to know why you think that, and to hear your argument for it.

which is why a good amount of people think she's ESFj
    What, you and Ashton? Oh, and that piece of shit... what is it called again? Krae?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    This makes absolutely no sense. "As it is" and "conveying some overall principle concisely" go hand in hand with one another. I see what you're trying to do here; separate Ti (which you've explained quite well) and Te (which is a shitty effort on your behalf; Te is not about stating things "as they are". If anything, stating things "as they are" is a trait related to Ti blocked with Se. SLEs are extremely good at seeing what is). And, don't quote me on this, but I suspect you're basing your interpretation of Te on Ashton, who is evidently not an LIE.
    what I meant by "as it is" is that Te doesn't try to make something out of all the facts like Ti; they just observe them, albeit as connected, but not in some subjective system.

If Joy was ENTj, she would be my supervisor. Joy is not my supervisor (if anything, I am hers). Therefore, Joy is not ENTj.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Joy was ENTj, she would be my supervisor. Joy is not my supervisor (if anything, I am hers).
    As your "would-be" supervisor, what is Joy not doing that she "should" be doing? And as her supposed supervisor, what are you doing (to her, or in relation to her, etc) that you "should" be doing?

In other words, how are you deciding whether someone "qualifies" as someone else's supervisor?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I meant by "as it is" is that Te doesn't try to make something out of all the facts like Ti; they just observe them, albeit as connected, but not in some subjective system.
    Right, okay. But I thought this was an SLE thing. I might be mistaken; I could be conflating the ESTP of MBTT (who I assume might be good at this) and the SLE.

If Joy was ENTj, she would be my supervisor. Joy is not my supervisor (if anything, I am hers). Therefore, Joy is not ENTj.
    Bad reasoning. It's logically consistent, but your basis can easily be proven false. What if someone came up with a completely flawless argument for your being a type different to IEI? Would that mean Joy could be LIE? And what about your reasoning vs. hers in terms of who has their type correct?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    As your "would-be" supervisor, what is Joy not doing that she "should" be doing? And as her supposed supervisor, what are you doing (to her, or in relation to her, etc) that you "should" be doing?

In other words, how are you deciding whether someone "qualifies" as someone else's supervisor?
    Let's start here: I can say with 100% certainty that ashton is not my dual. Now, that leaves two options: ENTj and ENFj. I have spoken with him on the phone; he is very uncomfortable in an Fe atmosphere (which was clear because Steve and I had an Fe dynamic going on that he didn't participate in). I have read about the supervisor relationship; this is exactly how I feel when I speak with him. On an abstract level, it is almost like getting approval. In reality, I just see him "keeping me in check." With Joy, I feel the opposite - like I'm supervising her. It became more apparent recently when I corrected a few of her posts and observed how she responded. More so, she does not resemble you - and you are, beyond all doubt, Te-leading - in any way in the context of her posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Bad reasoning. It's logically consistent, but your basis can easily be proven false. What if someone came up with a completely flawless argument for your being a type different to IEI? Would that mean Joy could be LIE? And what about your reasoning vs. hers in terms of who has their type correct?
    I was being somewhat flippant, making a simple logical statement because I'm tired of the bullshit. There is no argument for me being anything other than IEI, so that road is a dead-end. Look, she has provided shitty arguments for her type (without arguing)...by saying what she thought Si polr meant, by the inaccurate definitions of Te and Ti.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's start here: I can say with 100% certainty that ashton is not my dual. Now, that leaves two options: ENTj and ENFj.
    Wait, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Wait, what?
    what...? the three types people have voted this dude are ESTp, ENFj and ENTj. 3-1=2

and Diana, who are you?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I'm Diana. I've been around here for a couple years or so.
    lol, let's not piss on the bush. why did you make that joke?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    It struck me as funny. I wasn't trying to offend you or anything.
    o lol, ok
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is an accurate description, by me of course, of Te and Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    Te = external dynamics of objects, which can manifest as a focus on the objective activity of external events. The focus is more on concrete logic, comparing things through a prism of externally measurable logic.

Ti = external statics of fields, which can manifest as a focus on the internal logical structure. Instead of noticing activity of events, the focus is on creating a framework through which to view, and correlate, such events.
    just so we have a foundation...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12