Hybrid View

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but one last thing -- either he's not an LSI or I'm SEE. That's it. I refuse to acknowledge his existence. Seriously, you should delete or rename this thread.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I'm sorry but one last thing -- either he's not an LSI or I'm SEE. That's it. I refuse to acknowledge his existence. Seriously, you should delete or rename this thread.
    That seems like an ignorant response. Your duals aren't always going to be friendly to you.... and you are acknowledging his existence just by posting that comment. just sayin.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

top level traits are what really determines compatibility. socionics type is just about stylistic details and a minor sense of awkwardness in the case of conflict.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    top level traits are what really determines compatibility. socionics type is just about stylistic details and a minor sense of awkwardness in the case of conflict.
    what are top-level traits?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Google ain't telling.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    That seems like an ignorant response. Your duals aren't always going to be friendly to you.... and you are acknowledging his existence just by posting that comment. just sayin.
    i'm being facetious really.

i think it's merely a matter of him just not being a nice person. being nice and having empathy/sympathy -- that's a top level trait imo

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's merely a matter of him just not being a nice person. being nice and having empathy/sympathy -- that's a top level trait imo
    Ah... ok I see. Its whatever really. Not a big deal.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently in "enemy" status with a dual. I think we both recognized the duality, but just did things to hurt each other from a distance without really any way to reconcile things. Despite that I always think fondly of him, and I do love him--I wish we could be friends at this point, and i've mentioned this in an email to him, but i guess he didn't feel the same way because he never responded. Maybe he needs in person communication, but we live in different cities now so that's not practically feasible. Or maybe he hasn't forgiven me yet. The minute he shows me he wants to be friends again, I'm there.

Interrelating with the conflictors i know of hasn't been a BAD BAD interaction per se, but more like you're communicating in foreign languages to each other and bringing up topics the other is uncomfortable with, and just not being able to bring the psychological distance closer than acquaintance, really.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had many bad relations with my duals. Simply put ESE tend to be sheepish and I do not have good PR (public relations) so I can easily be public enemy # 1 in their eyes. Frankly there is alot of people who I'm not on great terms with and that includes ESE. In all honesty, duality does not seem to matter much in the public domain. In private life I have very little connections with ESE and recently I contacted my ex ESE with the intent of getting back together. Its turned out for the worse. She was not genuinely interested. That is fairly standard.

Maybe its just me but ESE typically do not come to my rescue in the ethical domain. On the contrary they will smite and condemn me as much or even more than anyone or they simply have no effect, we are indifferent. I have a hard time understanding their communication style and vice versa. I've convinced myself so much that there will be one ESE who turn my world upside down and really be there for me when I need them.

I'm pleasantly surprised to have met alot of great SEE. I'm a bit skeptical of their real feelings towards me but generally I can get along with them even better than duals. I'm even attracted to some SEE and the attraction seems mutual.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I've had many bad relations with my duals. Simply put ESE tend to be sheepish and I do not have good PR (public relations) so I can easily be public enemy # 1 in their eyes. Frankly there is alot of people who I'm not on great terms with and that includes ESE. In all honesty, duality does not seem to matter much in the public domain. In private life I have very little connections with ESE and recently I contacted my ex ESE with the intent of getting back together. Its turned out for the worse. She was not genuinely interested. That is fairly standard.

Maybe its just me but ESE typically do not come to my rescue in the ethical domain. On the contrary they will smite and condemn me as much or even more than anyone or they simply have no effect, we are indifferent. I have a hard time understanding their communication style and vice versa. I've convinced myself so much that there will be one ESE who turn my world upside down and really be there for me when I need them.

I'm pleasantly surprised to have met alot of great SEE. I'm a bit skeptical of their real feelings towards me but generally I can get along with them even better than duals. I'm even attracted to some SEE and the attraction seems mutual.
    Tbh the way you describe it, seems like ESEs are your conflictors. Maybe you are ILI, not LII?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jonathan: the OP makes the assumption that Discojoe is a Beta, but have you typed him before? He was never a LSI, read his posts then read the descriptions, it makes absolutely no sense.

He's dramatic, provocative, everything he says, he says on a whim, just to begin with. (first hint: Ethical Extrovert) He gets angry everytime someone attempts to demonstrate the logical impossibility or inconsistency of what he says, like here. (second hint: Ti-PoLR) He knows only one thing: he wants things his way, regardless of their logical impossibility. He's bitching all the time, often writes with CAPS, has no apparent constructive purpose in anything he says and rarely someone takes him seriously. Doesn't mess with logical people and never enters serious details in discussions, but he likes to stir drama and picks on emotionally reactive users who can be provoked (besides ScarlettLux, he also freaked out sarinana (1), another EIE - only from what I know). He enjoys posting controversial issues - racist, misogynistic, political - things he doesn't take seriously, but to obtain emotional reactions from others.
    ---

(1) - please note a twin locked thread of the ESE one, similar procedure, this is not an isolated case.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    @Jonathan: the OP makes the assumption that Discojoe is a Beta, but have you typed him before? He was never a LSI, read his posts then read the descriptions, it makes absolutely no sense.
    I've always regarded him as Beta ST. He doesn't exude Fi and is not like any Gamma SF I've ever met. However, there are other things going on that are not explained by Socionics. Perhaps he's using the forum to vent, or may be performing an experiment on forum members, or is trying to win a bet about how many people he can tick off within a certain time period. That makes him harder to type.

He's dramatic, provocative, everything he says, he says on a whim, just to begin with. (first hint: Ethical Extrovert)
    He provokes others, but I'm not sure I'd call his posts dramatic.

He gets angry everytime someone attempts to demonstrate the logical impossibility or inconsistency of what he says, like here. (second hint: Ti-PoLR)
    I don't think that's Ti-PoLR. There are a lot of misconceptions about what PoLR is. I've met a lot of IEEs and SEEs, and they don't get angry just because someone uses Ti, if indeed you were using Ti in that thread (at first glance, your argument there seemed more Te-oriented). Perhaps he responded to you the way he did because after a lengthy post, merely dismissing it altogether would be the maximal way to tick you off (possibly getting him closer to winning his bet?).

Doesn't mess with logical people and never enters serious details in discussions
    I think it's consistent with Beta STs that they may not be into talking theory the way NTs are.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't think that's Ti-PoLR. There are a lot of misconceptions about what PoLR is. I've met a lot of IEEs and SEEs, and they don't get angry just because someone uses Ti, if indeed you were using Ti in that thread (at first glance, your argument there seemed more Te-oriented). Perhaps he responded to you the way he did because after a lengthy post, merely dismissing it altogether would be the maximal way to tick you off (possibly getting him closer to winning his bet?).
    It is not "that" which is Ti-PoLR, but his type, the whole, along with his. That was just an example. Also, that is no counter-argument that some Fi-Creative don't react angrily to Ti, for multiple reasons:
    - it's not about XEEs, but LXI. It's Ti-Base that can't and won't react like that, on the other hand it's Fi-Creative that most likely can react like that;
    - you ignore what's type-related involving what's not. There are a lot of factors why people in general would not react necessarily a certain manner, you can conclude nothing out of that, but out of what's actually a specific and type-related;
    - you presume too much.

And yes, that was Ti. Everything regarding formal logic, logical correctness and implications, contradictions, deduction - these are not related to Te, but Ti. Premises->logical rules->conclusion. The only logic he ever used was factual or statistical, as seen in his economical and political theories. You put the problem as if I were talking about an isolated case; it's not, I'm talking about all his activity that I know of.

Besides, making silly bets for stirring people or whatever, pushing the EIEs out of Beta is anything but what a LSI would do. While you call the possible bet as such a reason, you don't ask yourself what's the reason to make such bets all the time in the first place... His temperament is typically Ep.
    ---

@your next posts: you throw all facts on NTR while nothing type-related supporting LSI stands, apart for the alleged "exceptions", which are not to be found in the descriptions. A type is based on the traits supporting that typing, when they are inexistent then it's not it, simple as that.

You misrepresented that quote of Filatova, that is not over-the-top and has nothing to do with DJ's consistently chaotic and provocative attitude.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're mean.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're overreacting.