Thread: Time estimation and planning

Hybrid View

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    You've also said before that 1) ESEs are anti-social, when we're some of the most outgoing people of all, and 2) ESEs don't like strategy games, when yellow82 and I both love chess among so many other games. So no offense Maritsa, but I really don't think you understand much about ESEs, or have much credibility here.
    This is called volitional pressure ahem...Se....

This is why I can't defend my interests against types like yours who use Se on me and why I need my dual right now. But, I shouldn't waste my time and argue with you on any of the above points as you would probably need to see (visually ) more information to be convinced of something than I care to fetch for you.

You hit my polr in the various ways:

1. You are saying to everyone that I don't have credibility to speak therefore I don't have a right, my opinions are very unimportant.
    2. You are saying that no matter how much knowledge I have, any defense against your quote, by me, is and should be discarded.
    3. You're inviting me to push back harder and if I didn't have my dual next to me I would have tried and gloriously failed, but I don't care. My duals will defend me and my boyfriend is enough pressure gage for me to feel ok and not hurt by what you're writing here about my "credibility"
    4. Your statement is inviting me to overreact. I feel defenseless and unprotected.

It's like you choking someone who doesn't like to argue and still wants to have a voice but can't because once you determine you want to have this playing field, you won't let anyone else win...it's a strategic sport and the objective of Se is to WIN.

NO OFFENSE TO YOU BUT YOU NEED TO GET A LOT MORE EXPERIENCE THAN MYSELF TO PROCLAIM YOURSELF AS ANY "AUTHORITY" IN SOCIONICS.
    I find this post hilarious. Explaining how I hit your POLR, instead of acknowledging my points. Wasn't it you who once said people need to be themselves more on this forum, so they could be more easily typed, rather than worrying about socionics theory?

And hey... don't put words in my mouth, Maritsa. I never claimed to be an "authority". I just said you're not an authority, ESPECIALLY when it comes to ESEs. You said 1) ESEs don't rush around, ever 2) ESEs are anti-social and 3) ESEs don't like strategy games. Yes, you don't know ESEs very well, are way out of touch with reality, caught up in your theory, modeling and following the advice of an old lady in socionics, alone and unhappy, which is what you will become if you don't change anything.

I would go on more, but you have proven not to listen to anyone. Anyone but the blessed Russians. And yet you tote around your 6 years of studying socionics from the Russians, like it means something, like it justifies your off-base conclusions. And you think this makes you better than everyone else! And yet you actually accuse ME of claiming to be an authority? C'mon, get off your high horse, Maritsa.

You understand the theory, yes, but not people. You have incorporated socionics soooo much into your normal, everyday thinking, that you've become delusional. I'm really sorry for you. And yet I don't mind ripping into you now, for how much you throw other people off. I would've found my true type ESE sooner if I hadn't listened to you. Or was nice to you, or considered what you had to say. Or stuck up for you, looking foolish , when everyone else who had been here longer already knew the damage you cause, and had even warned me. Maybe you don't understand the theory well either. Not nearly as well as you claim.

I'm not LSI, Maritsa. You're not EII, Maritsa. The sooner you can get these things into your brain, and actually consider the viewpoints of other people, the better. Until then, I unfortunately believe you will continue to be a balloon floating up in the clouds, further and further away from the world, and from people, thinking you're the best and most beautiful balloon to ever float the skies, that you're so great because of how long you've been gone, or how much theory you know, until you slowly lose your air, and you wither away, depressed and unhappy, and come crashing back down to earth, maybe into a tree, unable to be found, unable to be used for anything, unable to be of any purpose, ever since you floated away.

COME back down to reality, Maritsa. Tell your socionics mentors, the old ladies, whoever it was who originally typed you as EII, that they're wrong. DO IT. Make the change. The people here on 16types have seen your posts, your behavior, your emotions, your attitude, for YEARS NOW. There's no way we all can be wrong about your type. So many different perspectives, and we all agree. YOU'RE NOT EII. Believing that, listening to others, is the first and most important step in saving yourself.

Please listen.
    Sincerely,
    Greg, aka Mountain Dew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful analogy with the balloon and all that. But how is it that Socionics gets so personal or that we can be sure of other people's types just from their posts? Everyone has a slightly different version of the definitions anyhow.

People seem to think that type is some absolute fixed thing, and if you don't know your type, you're going to fail in some way.

I think we need to come away from that. Yes, it can be a great revelation to learn something about yourself, which can be done under the rubric of Socionics. But we have to remember that Socionics concepts are just a sort of theory used to organize actual insights about people. It's the actual insights that matter, not the letters we use.

If a person recognizes some way that he/she shares values with someone else, or solves a real-life relationship problem, and assigns this understanding some Socionics letters, then the important thing was that the insight was valuable.

Nobody is going to get ruined by having their type letters "wrong," as long as they refrain from certain Socionics abuses, such as:
    * Refraining from learning or doing something because one thinks it's not in one's type (e.g., "I don't do math because I'm an ethical type.")
    * Ending a perfectly good relationship because of type theory when there's no real indication of problems in the relationship.
    * Acting in a way that's unwanted around someone because your theory tells you that it's wanted (e.g., acting like an LSE when around an IEI because you mis-typed the person EII).

If a person stays away from such abuses, then it doesn't really matter what the person types him/herself as. If the person is "wrong," probably that person is equally wrong about everybody else's type, so the intertype relationships will still come out mostly the same anyway.