Thread: What do you think is the fifth best relationship type?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa: have you had any good relationships with ESTPs? Do you feel a weird tension when you interact with them, or are you able to open up and feel warmth when you are around them?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Maritsa: have you had any good relationships with ESTPs? Do you feel a weird tension when you interact with them, or are you able to open up and feel warmth when you are around them?
    My long time college BF is my conflict relations; he's a great guy, but he's so lost with my Fi emotions. He loves me and supports me when I need him and we can pray together, laugh together, eat and enjoy life in all kinds of ways together but we just can't live together. I want him to organize my living space, but he doesn't care about that kind of stuff; he wants to go out, enjoy life, eat good food, just a lot of focus on sensory information/experience. My dual BF and I plan to go certain places and he's not at all spontaneous; he want's to be sure of things ahead of time but my conflict friend and I can take a long drive and just pull over at some dinner and eat whatever; not with my BF!!! NO WAY!!! Even if my BF and I do plan to take a drive, he'll talk about his plan about where we're going to eat as we're driving to be sure that all events in the next few hours are covered.

I have no beef with my conflict relations; we make supportive and loving friends; it doesn't work well for living and covering your weak spots. He always asks me to go out and do things with him, but I can't; I have low low energy. I need my activities planned so that I have plenty of energy for when the time comes to do them. If my dual doesn't have enough facts to build an accurate picture, they simply state, "I don't know" instead of making conclusions as SLE are likely to do.

What my conflict relation doesn't do that creates a shallowness of relations is that they don't take information and factor them in to come up with conclusions of what something is in it's reality/real picture; they persuade a belief, which makes it very confusing for me because some of those persuasions, though it may have facts, may lack in factuality.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-29-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all mostly theoretical, but with a lot of application of theory, taking into consideration Club interaction, Romance styles, Collaboartion, Communication, Temperament, and of course Quadra Values (but Values are not necessarily given first priority in every case). I came up with the following lists, different for Rationals and Irrationals.

If you are Rational:
    1. Dual
    2. Semi-Dual
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Kindred
    6. Beneficiary
    7. Mirror
    8. Look-A-Like
    9. Benefactor
    10. Supervisee
    11. Mirage
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisor
    16. Super-Ego

If you are Irrational:
    1. Dual
    2. Mirage
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Look-A-Like
    6. Benefactor
    7. Mirror
    8. Kindred
    9. Beneficiary
    10. Supervisee
    11. Semi-Dual
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisee
    16. Super-Ego
    Last edited by pianosinger; 06-29-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    If you are Rational:
    1. Dual
    2. Semi-Dual
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Kindred
    6. Beneficiary
    7. Mirror
    8. Look-A-Like
    9. Benefactor
    10. Supervisee
    11. Mirage
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisor
    16. Super-Ego

If you are Irrational:
    1. Dual
    2. Mirage
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Look-A-Like
    6. Benefactor
    7. Mirror
    8. Kindred
    9. Beneficiary
    10. Supervisee
    11. Semi-Dual
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisee
    16. Super-Ego
    I don't necessarily agree with the ranking of this list, but I do like the idea behind separating Ps and Js and implying that outside of interquadra relations, there's probably a lot more asymmetry rational/irrational relations than just benefactor/beneficiary relations.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    This is all mostly theoretical, but with a lot of application of theory, taking into consideration Club interaction, Romance styles, Collaboartion, Communication, Temperament, and of course Quadra Values (but Values are not necessarily given first priority in every case). I came up with the following lists, different for Rationals and Irrationals.

If you are Rational:
    1. Dual
    2. Semi-Dual
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Kindred
    6. Beneficiary
    7. Mirror
    8. Look-A-Like
    9. Benefactor
    10. Supervisee
    11. Mirage
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisor
    16. Super-Ego

If you are Irrational:
    1. Dual
    2. Mirage
    3. Identical
    4. Activator
    5. Look-A-Like
    6. Benefactor
    7. Mirror
    8. Kindred
    9. Beneficiary
    10. Supervisee
    11. Semi-Dual
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Extinguishment
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisee
    16. Super-Ego
    I like this idea a lot, but I don't agree with some of them. Personally I would place Activator higher than Identical and in most cases, higher than Mirage (although if the subtypes match up, Mirage could probably be higher than Activator). It would be really interesting to create a thread/poll of some sort for this idea though I think.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I guess I'm the only one that would say business/look-a-like, then.
    N-EII ~~~ 6>1 sp/so ~~~ INFJ

No type is smarter, better, more difficult to handle, or harder to be than another.

Personality theory doesn’t predict what a person will think or do.

Any type in one theory can be any type in another.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Dual
    2. Activator
    3. Semi-Dual
    4. Identity
    5. Mirror
    6. Mirrage
    7. Kindred
    8. Supervisee
    9. Extinguishment
    10. Look-A-Like
    11. Beneficiary
    12. Benefactor
    13. Quasi-Identical
    14. Conflictor
    15. Supervisor
    16. Super-Ego

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OHOHO I AM SPECIAL

1. Conflict
    2. Super-Ego
    3. Quasi-Identity
    4. Supervisor
    5. Extinguishment
    6. Beneficiary
    7. Benefactor
    8. Supervisee
    9. Look-alike
    10. Extinguishment
    11. Semi-dual
    12. Kindred
    13. Mirror
    14. Identity
    15. Activation
    16. Duality
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urgh, I can't easily rank my personal intertype relations in this way, but it's interesting to try.

I can see how certain relationships have been really transformational in my life, even if they have their difficult or unpleasant aspects. Also, these are based only on my RL history, and not on online interaction, nor on what I think could have been a meaningful relationship if only there'd been more opportunity. These are strictly the relationships I have had.

Tier 1
    Dual with complementary [irrational] subtypes (WCS)
    Activity (WCS)
    Mirror (WCS)
    Identity (WCS)

These are relationships that stand the test of time and feel like "home" in various ways--peace, invigoration, mutual support, and mentorship, respectively.

Tier 2A
    People from my quadra, Beta, but with rational subtypes

These relationships seem promising at first but lack real glue--they are a bit more contentious. They don't seem to involve as much learning as the relationships that I have found equally important in Tier 2B.

Tier 2B
    INTj-Ne (semidual)
    ENTp-Ne (I'm beneficiary)
    ESFp-Se (I'm benefactor)
    INTp-Ni (I'm supervisor)
    ISFp-Si (I'm supervisee)

Tier 3
    Non-Beta EJ temperaments with irrational subtype, in this order:
    ENTj, ESTj, ESFj

Tier 4
    All types with irrational subtype not previously mentioned.

Tier 5
    Everything else.

On Tiers 4 and 5, getting along increasingly comes down to individual, not-so-type-driven similarities and differences, as well as the social roles defining interaction.

- - - - -
    So that puts all Betas with rational subtypes in fifth place, I suppose.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For closeness and psychological compatibility

1.Dual
    2.Activator
    3.Identical
    4.Mirror
    5.Semi-Dual
    6.Illusion
    7.Beneficiary
    8.Benefactor
    9.Supervisee
    10.Lookalike
    11.Kindred
    12.Supervisor
    13.Contrary
    14.Quasi-Identical
    15.Super-Ego
    16.Conflictor

Really, 5-12 are relatively close.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-29-2011 at 01:16 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a theory that EP-IP energy exchange was the best (for an INFp I mean), along with EJ-IJ for an EJ or IJ type. So the relationship energy was classified in order of IP-EP energy exchange being the best for INFps, and then IP-IP, then IP-IJ and then IP-EJ.

You don't get along with your Mirror as well as you do your Semi-Dual. You just don't.

Quadra relationships aren't based on your emotional compatibility with somebody, but what works best for the objective world...

I mean in gamma quadra you have entjs and isfjs which I don't get along with that well much at all on a personal level, and then you have intps which I get along with okay. (it's like medium good) and then ESFps which I get along with great. An ESFp gets along with an ENTj better than me but it's still not likely to work out so much.

I guess the main point I'm making is it kinda depends on how much you want to view socionics as 'society based' and how much you want to use it to find your romantic partner... or people you just really mesh well with. I think getting a job is important but it's not the be end of life, if you don't find people you are magically excited about that's just sad, no matter how much money you make. =/

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My (constantly morphing and varying) take on it is roughly as follows:

1. Duality, same subtypes
    2. Duality, different subtypes
    3. Activity, same subtypes
    4. Activity, different
    5. Identical, same
    6. Identical, different
    7. Mirror, same
    8. Mirror, different
    9. Semi-dual, accepting / Illusory, creative
    10. Comparative, accepting / Business, creative
    11 - 525. I don't have the patience for this

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 & 2. Dual & activator. Maybe I don't have enough experience with duality but ime there have been enough cons in duality to say that it's not as great as it seems. Of course it could have been a number of factors. I have an LSI sister and boyfriend. I think growing up with her helped me get used to the drawbacks of the type. I know that when they withdraw and act kind of cold it's not personal.
    3. Semi-dual.
    4. Mirror.
    5. Identity.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    1 & 2. Dual & activator. Maybe I don't have enough experience with duality but ime there have been enough cons in duality to say that it's not as great as it seems. Of course it could have been a number of factors. I have an LSI sister and boyfriend. I think growing up with her helped me get used to the drawbacks of the type. I know that when they withdraw and act kind of cold it's not personal.
    3. Semi-dual.
    4. Mirror.
    5. Identity.
    yes, well not every dual is going to be fireworks. People are people and the only thing you can pretty much count on with duals is that communication seems to be easy and misunderstandings are few and cleared up quickly. There's also a feeling of calm I get when I'm around them--no matter who or what subtype. But you're right that it's not always nirvana with a dual and there's a LOT more to relationships than that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I dated an SLE 7w8 a few years ago, but I think the problems I had with him were enneagram related. The past few months I've been thinking that rather than a 4, I'm a 2. Not that I'm basing that solely on that relationship. I've had SLE friends, too. But I agree with you. SLEs seem to be able to get me to open up to them, whereas with other types I put up defenses and barriers.. They just seem to get past that, lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Braingel
    taking your SEI. that LIE can be ILE or LII
    if it's LIE then conflictors can be perceived positively in surface interactions and have mutual interest. revisors are separated and it's felt in them, a border from their side. it's doubtful to think people with this IR among best in the experience
    I have revising type for you, as an example. hehe

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Braingel
    if it's LIE then conflictors can be perceived positively in surface interactions and have mutual interest. revisors are separated and it's felt in them, a border from their side. it's doubtful to think people with this IR among best in the experience
    Please listen carefully: ITR is not a cookie cutter. If it was, you would not see duals divorce, you would not see supervisors marry, or the liking. As you can see from my interactions back at you, I value Se way too much to be of an SEI, and you still will have seen that LIE-Ni supervising my Te, indicative of it being PolR. You would have seen if read carefully, he is a Te ego, as would you have seen I am that of Ni.

You cannot just type someone solely by ITR by itself, though, it can indeed be helpful as a complementary means. I do not expect you to listen me, given I perceive you as the rigid, narrow-minded person who just thinks always, they are right. So.. I should not have even bothered.. Moe Te PolR, wasting my own time.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Braingel

And by the way, you do not even pay attention to what you write. You meant IEI, but put SEI instead. That is how conceited you are; thinking you are right and can make no mistake. I admittedly do not often read through my own things and make typo, however, I do not have the other piecing patterns as do you, showing you as conceited, arrogant, hubristic individual.

Do not talk to me anymore. I don't have any respect for someone who acts like they can tell others who and what they are (without a care to even see them for how really, they are), even though I know that the behavior is bred in early childhood, with pressure from parents, or adults around them conditioning in that way, I do have sympathy for it, but I am not going to fuel that ego.

Get off the high horse and face a fall. It may hurt, but will set you free far sooner and give you liberation of the pain you so desperately avoid of.

Your ego will only allow you to see me as mean and cruel, the construct adults bred into you in childhood. But you need a slap to reality and to focus on it, because you are separated from it with your own mind and living in your mind as if it is reality.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th place: Semi-Duality

also, lol at Maritsa putting Conflictors at the 3rd best place for relationship. She probably just provocating to get attention.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-Duals although from the looks of it I'd describe it as the 11th worst rather than the 5th best. (Talking strictly of long-term serious relationships)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)