Thread: How do you get along with deltas?

Hybrid View

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I get along with Deltas very well actually.One of my best friends is an SLI [...] And the one guy who I think I was in love with was a definite LSE.
    You didn't think they were boring? Mundane? Excessively obsessed with petty, inane details?

What's your interaction with Delta STs like, exactly?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Excessively obsessed with petty, inane details?
    ISTj-ENFp 5w6sp/so-3w4sx/sp-8w9so/sx ESTP sLoEN dramatic

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petty inane details like whether there's a microscopic stain in the bathroom, or whether the lawn's mowed all right, or whether the food has a trace of MSG...
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh ya i forgot all deltas are concerned with stuff like that i should have remembered we all have spotless bathrooms carry on

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw that profile sounds... quite sexy.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lmfao. you're exasperating but impossible for me to dislike. be alpha already.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    lmfao. you're exasperating but impossible for me to dislike. be alpha already.
    No.

Oh, and on second thought I'd make one slight adjustment to that type profile: SLOEI rather than SLOEN. I find it almost impossible to get along with non-curious people, regardless of type.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ... we all have spotless bathrooms ...
    haha, damn i must have mis-typed myself, delta is where I really belong

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI

I don't know an Istp who i am not really good friends with. I think the VS cognitive style might have alot to do with it, because i find that we process information similarly. As an infp, ill notice that i lose people as im explaining things because they dont know all the "generalities" and shit that i can make sense of. But Istp's i don't have to stop and explain things to. They get it. All Istp's i've met have had a really good relationship with me. The Pokemon metaphor's are appreciated and everyone laughs merrily.

My mother is an Infj, and i get along with them swimminglyas a group. In very much a respect kind of way, i find them totally capable of setting my priorities straight. Infj's as a whole, i think they're strong people. Very strong.

Enfp's - We'll talk about similar topics, but there's always a nod going on because we both know exactly what the other means, its just we cant really add anything Helpful. Unless its a girl Enfp, with them we just end up talking about sex alot.

Estj's - I don't know any closely. Odd.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE - one of my friends from small times (second grade or so) is LSE and an all around awesome dude, and when we get together, the humor that happens is unreal I know another LSE who plays guitar, we can understand each other a good deal, though he's much rootsier aesthetically than I am (blues, blues, and more blues, and he can differentiate between different varieties of blues - he's really done his research); another LSE is my neighbor, really loves his lawn, trees, lawnmowers, has been making mulch in the yard and caring for the soil for years - they all dislike incompetence on a practical level, can spot it, and get a bit amused when they see it in action and pissed when they can't correct it (or fix the root of the issue) due to external factors, which I can totally understand

EII - a cousin of mine is EII, we've got a lot of the same values, but what happens lots is she tries to "shush" me, which of course makes me start roaring that much louder and then, of course, I make a remark about quietness being a horrible thing, and do so loudly don't know a lot of other EIIs yet, I hope I don't drive them off, they seem like pretty awesome people

IEE - I keep making music with IEEs! and they keep ending up on guitar... anyways, they seem like they have loads and loads of ideas, but the ideas never get committed to as concretely as I'd like to see happen, then they get "bored", which is apparently an impediment to getting things done on a practical level... really friendly, wonderful people to be around, about the nicest people out there too, always want to give them hugs, or when that doesn't work, food...

SLI - I make music with an SLI, I work with one, and a friend of mine's dad is one nothing relaxes a place quite like an SLI, I'm not sure what to say about them because they're pretty quiet - not in a "shy" or "nervous" way, but more of an "I'm doing things right now" kinda way... great to work with, the ones I know have my back if anything needs done, and they're really good at working with anything physical or mechanical in particular; my friend's dad has tons of snowblowers and machines in the garage, they always get fixed up right and I got an amazing snowblower from him for a very thoughtful price
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 06-30-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: unintentionally ambiguous sentence needed to be fixed again aarrgg
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only going to talk about the ones I've personally known well and over a length of time.

I get along well with ISTps, but conversation is totally dead. We have nothing to say to each other. They're great for doing outdoor sport type stuff with, or working on mechanical/physical projects.

ESTjs talk too much and are always trying to teach someone something. Some are fun anyways, interesting and tell great stories, others are just boring in every way.

INFjs make loyal friends, but I feel observed and judged around them after awhile, like I have to watch myself and my behavior. They like me and like my dependability, and we always get along really well at first, but notice over time how much our values diverge.

ENFps are flakey. They promise much and deliver little. I have never been able to count on them for anything. They can be fun to hang out with if I run into them randomly, and they're great for unplanned adventures, but that's it.

I've never had a true open conflict with any delta I've known. My best fights are reserved for the other quadras lol. I believe that there is no such thing as people who actually know each other well that get along perfectly. If it's always smooth sailing with no irritation or misunderstandings between you and someone else, one of you is lying (being fake) or you don't know each other that well yet. There's no reason for me to really conflict with deltas because I don't let them get that close (with the exception of INFjs who have been some of my better friends, and any delta family members)