From my perspective there are some points that need to be focused on.

First off ILI is irrational by nature, although it's canalized energy toward production is objectively focused, the basis of the prognition is necessarily irrational.

With the information available I can imagine that the main problem in this case is the allocation of resources. I believe ILI looks for opportunities which it's perspective it can relate to the expectancy of abundance.

The ILI which is highly accepting the risk, might have envisioned the process in which the marketing campaign could easily create this abundance; which from my perspective seems to be related to this ILI's unconscious attitude towards it's understanding of the super id capacity of suggestion, in this case implicit in the marketing campaign.

So the bold ILI perceives abundance in the risky choice, believing the novel process involved in utilizing this new inventory has a tendency towards self evident success. Probably this involves it's experience with previous campaigns or other successful histories he is familiar with.

It could be argued that the receptive pattern towards the "rapid and forceful attraction of attention" reflects a maturing of ILI seeking for duality. So in this case I would have to go for his choice, again only with this infos available.

Of course it could be argued that the careful ILI did a much realistic/pessimistic prognosis characteristic of ILI which displays a "mature" attitude. Waiting for the right moment to act is very ILI like as well. I believe this careful ILI is skeptical about the capacity of the competency, and believes that a market should be easier to attack, so it's allocation of resources displays a non assertive attitude. It could be a useful choice to look for another place to market for but also this is riskier, than involving products that are already designed at least. Waiting for that moment to investigate would not be a wise choice from my perspective, although this investigation should be made anyways those results might be useful later.