Thread: Why do these two ILIs-INTps disagree?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a hard time understanding the prejudice here that people of the same type get along smashingly.

Perhaps competition.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these two actual people, whom you've met and typed as being ILI?
    Or is this a hypothetical situation, a kind of clever riddle for us to solve?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, as to my answer, the difference of opinion doesn't sound type-related. It's a matter of understanding what the best strategy for that company really is...Should it focus on sales-first, or limit sales based on inventories? I think most small businesses need to focus on sales because it's more likely that they won't sell enough than that they'll get too many orders. But there are cases where companies grew too quickly and hurt themselves because of failure to provide good service (e.g., People's Airlines comes to mind).

If the two people really are the same type, then I think they should at least be able to communicate effectively about their differences of opinion and reasoning, UNLESS some non-Socionic factor prevents such communication.

There are a lot of times when you have two people of one type and one is Democrat and the other is Republican. They won't necessarily change the other person's mind, but they can still carry on a good conversation about their difference of opinion.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    There are a lot of times when you have two people of one type and one is Democrat and the other is Republican. They won't necessarily change the other person's mind, but they can still carry on a good conversation about their difference of opinion.
    That's one reason, the reason I had in mind. One trusting in positives (the cautious Republican) and the other trusting in the potential to turn negatives into positives (the bold Democrat).

Now how do these two approach one another's disagreements?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That's one reason, the reason I had in mind. One trusting in positives (the cautious Republican) and the other trusting in the potential to turn negatives into positives (the bold Democrat).

Now how do these two approach one another's disagreements?
    In my experience, people whom I would type as ILI would probably discuss openly in a sort of debate or discussion, perhaps similar to a Platonic dialogue. It might seem heated from the outside, but the two might be friends and actually be drawn closer by their enjoying discussing their differences of opinion.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will a bold thinking ILI around here please step forward so that incognito's misconceptions can be cleared up?

If there were no such thing as a "bold" ILI, it seems to me that that would mean that all ILIs would vote Republican.

NiTe functional usages is explained very simply: there are myriad possible plans, but only so many resources available. Without resources, work stops, the plan doesn't go forwards. Te surveys the needed resources for each plan and asks how they can be obtained. Conservative ILIs prefer to stick with the resources they have, or at least not to interfere with the channel, where liberal ILIs are willing to hedge their bets on strategies to acquire resources by new and novel means.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 06-20-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    If there were no such thing as a "bold" ILI, it seems to me that that would mean that all ILIs would vote Republican.
    You cause others to question your intelligence when you utter ridiculous blanket assertions such as these.

Most people know nothing of politics or care not at all for politics. When such people vote, they generally affiliate with whatever political party is fashionable among their family/friends, which is frequently a result not of ideological divides among certain demographics but of which groups a particular political party has targeted for support in a particular region. At the end of the day, most people (ILI's included) don't actually party affiliate on the basis of core values and the extent to which parties jive with those values, and political parties are hardly neatly separable ideological entities anyway.

That many ILI's vote republican is not in the least evidence for or against a particular character trait attributable to ILI's.
    Last edited by Timmy; 06-23-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of them is an SLI.