Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody feels empathy.

Even if ****** was unable to do so, it is not type related.

Logical types may have a poorer understanding of empathy, a poorer ability to effectively act on it, and maybe even feel it less often because of their poor understanding of emotions and emotional cues. However, they are still perfectly capable of feeling empathy. To say they aren't is preposterous.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Everybody feels empathy.

Even if ****** was unable to do so, it is not type related.

Logical types may have a poorer understanding of empathy, a poorer ability to effectively act on it, and maybe even feel it less often because of their poor understanding of emotions and emotional cues. However, they are still perfectly capable of feeling empathy. To say they aren't is preposterous.
    I think a better way to put this is that evey one has a hippocampus and amygalda. Or whatever part of the brain is relevant. And if they don't they most likely have bigger problems than empathy.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I think a better way to put this is that evey one has a hippocampus and amygalda. Or whatever part of the brain is relevant. And if they don't they most likely have bigger problems than empathy.
    Well, if you want to get technical, sociopathy et. al. usually stem from chemical imbalances and psychological stuff rather than brain damage/deformity...

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to get technical, sociopathy et. al. usually stem from chemical imbalances and psychological stuff rather than brain damage/deformity...
    An article on damaged brains and psychopathy:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_seabrook
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, decidedly not type related.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    ESE Alex Lifeson and ILE Geddy Lee from Alpha quadra band Rush have a maneuver where they stand side to side and start bending back and forth in unison which starts at 2:53 and really gets moving at 3:05 - definitely over , and valuing from the looks of Alex Lifeson at least)...
    Ooh! Rush is my favorite band! I wouldn't call them an alpha band, because I'm pretty sure Neil Peart, who writes most of their lyrics, is ILI. I would say SEI for Lifeson, I could see ILE for Lee (I'll have to think about it).

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Nice job breaking it, hero
    It made shoes for orphans...

Either way, decidedly not type related.
    Like I keep saying, we need an NTR emoticon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would not say ILE is incapable of empathy but i would say that ethical types are much more capable than ILE is.

how other people feel is not the first thing that ILE thinks of. ILE empathy is greater under the following conditions: if the other person expresses a lot of emotional content that can be received by ILE 6th function, if ILE has been in a similar situation themselves, or if someone close to an ILE has been in similar situation. ILE has to have either emotional activation or experience to feel a higher degree of empathy...if either of these are lacking, it takes more effort for ILE to put themselves in another's shoes, since their mind is on ideas more than people.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I never think capable or incapable of empathy matters too much to ILE. I think sociotype doesn't deal with the ability to be empathetic or not. You will see variation of the levels of empathy within a sociotype. However how a ILE communicate and deal with others can often lack empathy. This doesn't deal with whether they feel it or not, but rather they simply choose a different route to deal with such a situation.

I can be empathetic, but ultimately it's not a method I choose to interact with others, I rather interact with other using ideas, reasoning, a massive beat down, emotional and physical abuse, strangulation. Ultimately, I find these to be better means of dealing with others and more comfortable. Actually what am I saying, I don't actually want to interact with others!!!

all, don't take it too seriously.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i would not say ILE is incapable of empathy but i would say that ethical types are much more capable than ILE is.

how other people feel is not the first thing that ILE thinks of. ILE empathy is greater under the following conditions: if the other person expresses a lot of emotional content that can be received by ILE 6th function, if ILE has been in a similar situation themselves, or if someone close to an ILE has been in similar situation. ILE has to have either emotional activation or experience to feel a higher degree of empathy...if either of these are lacking, it takes more effort for ILE to put themselves in another's shoes, since their mind is on ideas more than people.
    perfect. yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3