Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and empathy

Would you consider ILE to be empathetic? In what way are they or not?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure hope so :3
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm empathetic, but not in your typical F way. Others emotions get to me, like someone crying tears of happiness, but if I sense the presence is too close, like someone I know and their problems being expressed to me, I kind of back off and treat the situation rationally, and as not being that talkative I'm lucky I don't offend anyone . So it comes natural when it feels natural and not forced upon me, iow not something I actually have to deal with but can just experience from the sidelines. Also emotions feel stronger when they're flowing sort of like a peak of a performance. Ie. today someone came at me crying about something, and I was caught by surprise, I just have to look at my own experiences and tell them what they'd expect, and sometimes I feel sad for them after the fact, unless I think it's kind of an old recurrent situation, they should know better than to get worked up about it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, let me ask this question another way.

If ****** is ILE (and please don't dispute his type, it's not my objective in this thread), then what about him is considered empathetic, if he is a normal ILE?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the healthy ENTps I've known are easily capable of empathy, and I've seen it from them several times throughout my time of knowing them. The fact that this question even has to be asked is frustrating as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    If ****** is ILE (and please don't dispute his type, it's not my objective in this thread), then what about him is considered empathetic, if he is a normal ILE?
    This would be a relevant question if he was actually ENTp.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Most of the healthy ENTps I've known are easily capable of empathy, and I've seen it from them several times throughout my time of knowing them. The fact that this question even has to be asked is frustrating as hell.
    Theyre capable of putting themselves in other's shoes, because of their .

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Hey Guy View Post

Looks like Michaal Jackson had some of his pubic hair tansplanted and had it done into a mustache.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be, but in a pretty weird way. xLEs have trouble understanding implicit sensibilities (which means they can easily steamroll over them unintentionally), but are easily able to understand expressed emotions. xLIs by contrast have serious trouble with expression; they just think it's pointless histrionics.

Fe. And no, he wasn't ILE, that's dumb.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    They can be, but in a pretty weird way. xLEs have trouble understanding implicit sensibilities (which means they can easily steamroll over them unintentionally), but are easily able to understand expressed emotions. xLIs by contrast have serious trouble with expression; they just think it's pointless histrionics.

Fe. And no, he wasn't ILE, that's dumb.
    You are so limited in the scope of ideas and possibilities that you can perceive, it makes me wonder if you are EIE; ******, being ILE in my book, would have Fe activation and making him very animate and expressive speaker, sometimes much more so than Fe types because of how the activation/suggestive function works.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    ******, LOL.
    Ty, Ashton. ******=

Maritsa, if you wanted to debate ******'s type, why not name the thread after him? Instead of disguising your interest in ILEs and empathy?

Btw, you're EIE.

/thread

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's incredibly amusing how everybody, even people who otherwise suck at typology, thinks Maritsa's an EIE.

Except Maritsa of course.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person who can't feel empathy is usaually considered to be very sick if not psychopathic. Type has nothing to do whith this basic human emotion.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neotropic, you have Fi role and Galen, you have Fi creative; what are you guys thinking?
    It means I struggle with understanding social distance, nothing to do with this "empathy" you keep eluding to.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neotropic View Post
    Neotropic, you have Fi role and Galen, you have Fi creative; what are you guys thinking?
    It means I struggle with understanding social distance, nothing to do with this "empathy" you keep eluding to.
    Does that mean you don't know who to initiate with socially? Like ask to be your friend, etc?

Social distance, where people and relations fall in, for me is all based on tests and interaction; it's easy for me to see the hierarchy or the order of where people fall in in proximity to me, and each other.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Empathy, as great as it is, is actually very rare, most people easily become hostile and aggressive. Nothing really bands people together more than hating something.

You can test this out by exposing yourself more to the 'real world' and not idealizing it from online message boards. I don't say that out of a bitter disgust by the way, just a helpful suggestion. I certainly don't blame anybody who wants to spend all their socializing online...

You will literally feel how if your neck was snapped in half *right there* in front of everybody, they wouldn't feel sorry for you at all. Quite the opposite. They would actually cheer it on and be really amused by your death. It's a rare treat if you meet other people who would actually give a shit if you got hurt. (Instead of wanting it like they usually want to happen)

So I mean I suppose that's why life coaches and therapists and helper people always try to get you to take care of #1 and to try and help yourself and ignore everybody else, cause I mean for real, you're all you got, you know? At least that's true 99.9999999999999999% of the time. All I need is me. Other people are just gonna drag me down in the Sewers of Drama.

People who can't see through the social mask of people kinda annoy me. That's the type of naive thinking that lets people get away with murder and serial killing.

I think that's why people like BG are loved so much you know. His kind of empathy is definitely what is lacking in the world.

And I just did not feel one iota of empathy from anybody growing up lol. Just a few friendly buddies online from a distance (and my ONE romantic soulmate) ...but I never felt somebody be empathetic at to me at all in reality besides that. I always sensed an inner rage in them and how they wanted to destroy me and fight with me and the animalistic 'kill or be killed' mentality. Maybe I was doing something unconsciously to bring it out of them? I'm really shocked and surprised and amazed when I meet somebody who is truly empathetic, not just a shark who is pretending to have empathy to get money so they can go on rich vacations that those old republicans like to go on. Hehe.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 06-20-2011 at 04:20 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh and:

I sensed a lot of people be superficial nice to me for their own image. But it was all a facade. Once they stopped having to look good for some sort of authority figure, they immediately cut out the act and went right back to trying to bully me cuz I'm a sensitive gay male. They immediately descended into their true nature as somebody that is not capable of connecting, and everything before that was just a show, like what Dexter does to pretend to be normal.

God I see RIGHT THROUGH people I swear! It's a GIFT. ((I want to work in law enforcement I think...they really could use my insight. =p))

TRUE FRIENDS ARE SOOO NICE. EMPATHY CAREBEARS FTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*yawns and stretches, gracefully stepping out of his lurker's cave*

Oh, hey guys!

I visit the forum from time to time. Used to be a bit more active but...meh. This thread is so ridiculous it just enticed me to shave, tidy up a bit and leave my pleasant cave of lurkdom.

I'm not in the mood to do a lot of research again so I'll take the hard and dirty path: spouting opinions and insights to see what happens and learn stuff. From what I gather, it seems like some (ok I'll be honest, in my mind mostly Maritsa) have confused the Fi-POLR with damn near sociopathy. Everyone on some level is capable of empathy/sympathy, but obviously the amount will change. I don't think ILEs would be any less capable of empathy/sympathy, but they probably don't know how to handle it, much less express it. Another idea is that they simply feel that different things are worthy of empathy/sympathy, so come off cold and uncaring.

One thing I'm realizing is the heavy dependence upon subjective data like "my friend is an XXX and when he does this, that is reflective of his Xx function". Not sure how much I like that, but I suppose you can only be so objective with a social science

As for the ****** being an ILE thing...well...

Just look at those eyes, bursting with Ne!

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a hard time empathizing with people when I was younger, middle school and high school. If people didn't agree with me or feel the same way that I did, I just thought they were stupid and that they deserved the bad things that came with their illogical decisions. Once I learned that people's minds think very differently from one another and I sought to learn the reasons behind individual mind sets whether with psychology or their personal history, I was able to understand their behaviors and feelings which made me feel compassion towards them. Understanding is the path to empathy for me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    I used to have a hard time empathizing with people when I was younger, middle school and high school. If people didn't agree with me or feel the same way that I did, I just thought they were stupid and that they deserved the bad things that came with their illogical decisions. Once I learned that people's minds think very differently from one another and I sought to learn the reasons behind individual mind sets whether with psychology or their personal history, I was able to understand their behaviors and feelings which made me feel compassion towards them. Understanding is the path to empathy for me.
    This is very interesting because from what you wrote, when you were young, you made concepts, tried to fit the ordinary occurrences into boxes, but from perception of Ne, you evaluated that concept and now you view the broadness of human nature; they are not just patterns to you. What I don't understand is why it would be in this order rather than the reverse, as you are a Perceptual type.
    -

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People must meet a certain standard to be eligible for empathy from me, or earn it somehow.

I have very little empathy for bad decision making unless I feel the person is of value, so I tend to feel much more empathy for animals most of the time than for humans.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

Creepy-pokeball

If they were not, they would all be Cluster B personality types, which I doubt is true. Ti creative times are usually not over-connective like Fi types desire, but that does not exlude all of the internal funtions of their brains to form empathy. And, as the last poster more than implied, its highly easy to mistake sympathy and empathy, which also means that its highly difficult to guage ones' own empathy and its meaning.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JADAE??? are you the same jadae as eons past?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JadaeTheSupremePizza View Post
    If they were not, they would all be Cluster B personality types, which I doubt is true. Ti creative times are usually not over-connective like Fi types desire, but that does not exlude all of the internal funtions of their brains to form empathy. And, as the last poster more than implied, its highly easy to mistake sympathy and empathy, which also means that its highly difficult to guage ones' own empathy and its meaning.
    So ILE - capable of showing empathy except some are better at it than others. Would you say that's fair?

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JadaeTheSupremePizza View Post

So ILE - capable of showing empathy except some are better at it than others. Would you say that's fair?
    I dont know that its that absolute.

Hi Reuben. I thought you'd still be in Portland, but did you move again? Its too bad because the metro is beautiful, although Portland proper is expensive and cramped.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not mcnew, jadae.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-pokeball

Ah.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know Khola, but I like to think upon things, ponder and not just experience.
    -