Thread: Rude during religious ceremony?

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I find myself at mass for whatever reason, I just keep quiet and let them have their ceremony. I used to get a kick listening homily, beacuse it was usually riddled with baseless claims of truth. It was sometimes painful when the priest would outright misrepresent things that he did not approve of. Like rival religions, secularism, ect, ect. Nevertheless, I don't do anything to disrupt them.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not religious, so the only times I go to the church (if at all) are when they have their christmas concert. When I was a child, maybe 10 years old, I went to such a concert with my parents. I took a gameboy with me and played during this event. Later, some girl I knew asked me if it was me who was playing gameboy while she was singing in the choir above. But she was laughing, so she wasn't angry or something like that. I didn't think it was a bad thing as well. I turned off the sound and I was a kid so this doesn't count as offensive.

Otherwise, I try to be as cautious as possible in this situations. I can imagine how it's like to have some idiot in your church who acts like a total jerk. However, I'd have also tried to turn the phone off.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer